Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iyordanov

Global Vendor
May 31, 2021
Bay Area
Hey guys

A few months ago I got a delivery of my new Model S. I wanted to customize it but since it's so new there was nothing on the market, so I've decided to do it myself. As a result I also opened a Shopify store where I sell everything I make (more products coming every week).
So I'd like to use the opportunity so share some of the products that I now offer for the new Model S. I hope you find this useful.

Screen Protectors (Front & Back) in Clear & Matte

Turn Signal / AP Camera Vinyl Wrap​

Center Console Wrap

Door Sills PPF (Made with 3M™️ or XPEL™️) in Clear & Matte

Door Sills - Carbon Fiber (made with 3M™️)

Full Lights Tint (Tail Lights, Headlights and Fog Lights) made with XPEL™️ Slate Smoke 50% VLT

(Also I sell them separately with more options for material & shade - Tail Lights Tint, Fog Lights Tint, Headlights Tint)

Fenders + Rockers PPF (Made with 3M™️ or XPEL™️)

Hood PPF (Made with 3M™️ or XPEL™️)

Door Handle Guards

Trunk Letters + All Emblems (Trunk, Frunk, 4xWheels)

Door Handles Covers with colored vinyl (made with 3M™️)

Calipers Vinyl Covers (made with 3M™️)​

That's it for now! I am working on creating more products every week. I am open to any feedback, suggestions and requests 😊

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you have hub covers for the center of the Model S Plaid 19" wheels? I was looking for the black.
Do you mean just the circle around the T emblem?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 1.18.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 1.18.05 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
Just released a center console wrap and it looks gorgeous!

IMG_0597.jpeg

IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_0601.jpeg

IMG_0598.jpeg

New product just released - Turn Signal / AP Camera Vinyl Wrap (for the 2021+ MS Plaid & Long Range):

Your products look nice. Do the screen protectors help prevent fingerprints? Are they hard to install. For some reason, I am always really bad at just doing my iPhone screen protector and always have Apple do it. :)
Thank you!
The Nano Glass screen protector is easy to install, but the front TPU is a bit tricky...you need to follow the video and do a wet install. If you follow the video it's pretty trivial :) As for fingerprints - the matte one doesn't catch any fingerprints, the clear one reduces them a bit but still catches on fingerprints 👍

Thank you!
The Nano Glass screen protector is easy to install, but the front TPU is a bit tricky...you need to follow the video and do a wet install. If you follow the video it's pretty trivial :) As for fingerprints - the matte one doesn't catch any fingerprints, the clear one reduces them a bit but still catches on fingerprints 👍
How would you compare the quality of the screen protector compared to Abstract Ocean's protectors? I ask because they are sold out for the refreshed model s screen protectors, so I'm considering getting from you.

Reactions: iyordanov
How would you compare the quality of the screen protector compared to Abstract Ocean's protectors? I ask because they are sold out for the refreshed model s screen protectors, so I'm considering getting from you.
I don't think Abstract Ocean has a screen protector for the new Model S. I know they have the listing for it and it says out of stock, but here is the thing - the way Shopify works (and both they and me are on Shopify) is that if you have a product with inventory = 0, then it just shows up as "Out of stock". I've never seen anyone mention the actual existence of such screen protector. The ratings & reviews that show up on that listing are not for that listing actually - if you read through them, they don't refer to the new Model S 🤷‍♂️

So, first difference - mine exists 😂

I've seen an install video from someone (don't remember if it was them or not), for a tempered glass screen protector... my guess is that once they installed it, they realized that it doesn't work because the new Model S/X's front screen makes a curve at the edges, so flat screen protectors don't stick there. And perhaps now they are in the same boat as I am:
Option 1) Do it with TPU (the front one) - this is what I sell.
Option 2) Do it with PET/Tempered Glass and have it not stick at the edges - this is what I initially did, I sell these too as some people prefer them, but it's not optimal...you can see in the images where it doesn't stick because of the curve (9H Hardness Screen Protectors for 2021+ Tesla Model S/X (Front & Back))
Option 3) Try to find someone to manufacture it for a curved screen - this is what I've been working on for the past 2 months. As a matter of fact, I now have 2 factories willing to give it a shot, so I am working with them to make it happen but it's slow. With some luck I might have curved screen protectors for the MS/X within 2-3 months or so. But I can't promise it will happen... it's been very difficult to convince anyone in China (and nobody in the US makes this) to do this, because:
A) most factories don't do curved screen protectors at all, as they don't have the machines for injection molding which is what you need to do a PET curved screen protector
B) the ones that do have the machines, don't have them big enough. They only do Samsung phones screen protectors that have a curve, so when they hear 17" they immediately reject me as this is a low volume item /Samsung produces more phones than Tesla produces Model S/X vehicles/
C) the factories that do tempered glass are more willing to work with me as tempered glass is made with a mold instead of injection - meaning they literally pour the liquid tempered glass into a mold, wait for it to harden and then apply a bunch of coatings like adhesive, matte, etc... the issue with these factories is that they don't do small quantities, they usually require you to pay for at least 5000-10000 screen protectors in advance, so that's about $50k-$100k investment. And the issue here is that you have to pay for new mold and retooling for each experiment you do, and this costs additional about $5k per experiment... if you are very lucky you will get the size/shape right the first time, but if not you may have to pay tens of thousands of $, until what they produce actually fits properly. Also each experiment takes about a month between giving it the green light and having a sample you can test.
So in my case, I found 2 factories that are willing to buy machines that can do injection molding for a 17" screen, but I still need to pay for the machines, molds and retooling, so let's see if we'll get it right before I run out of money for retooling and new molds 😂

As for the actual screen protectors, I have 2 types:

1. TPU - soft screen protector for the front. Requires wet install. It protects from minor bumps and scratches, and the matte one is fingerprint resistant. A bit tricky to install although if you follow my install video it shouldn't be that hard, and I ship everything you need for a successful installation (I actually ship 2 front screen protectors with each purchase, just in case)

2. PET/Nano Glass - this is basically hard plastic based screen protector. I use 9H PET, so it has excellent scratch and shock protection. It's easy to install too, and doesn't require a wet installation. I have it for the front as well, it just leaves about 2mm at the edges that don't stick, so it makes a visible white line (check the photos on my listing).

As for the rear/back screen protector - I have these only in PET and I personally think this is the best choice for them. Since PET is bendable (unlike tempered glass), it allows to have a screen protector for the back that has 100% coverage of the back display, which means that once you install it, you can't tell it's there. If it were Tempered Glass, then you won't be able to bend it, so it will basically be a rectangle with visible borders. Mine (PET) is not a rectangle, as it tucks in at the bottom and then at the top, so as I said - you can't tell it's there, once installed.

Sorry for the long answer, I suppose you were looking for a short "mine are better", but I can't objectively make a comparison as I've never seen anything other than mine. So I hope this long explanation gives you a good enough understanding of what's on the market at the moment, and why is it that way :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Veregon and hotsoup
I don't think Abstract Ocean has a screen protector for the new Model S. I know they have the listing for it and it says out of stock, but here is the thing - the way Shopify works (and both they and me are on Shopify) is that if you have a product with inventory = 0, then it just shows up as "Out of stock". I've never seen anyone mention the actual existence of such screen protector. The ratings & reviews that show up on that listing are not for that listing actually - if you read through them, they don't refer to the new Model S 🤷‍♂️

So, first difference - mine exists 😂

I've seen an install video from someone (don't remember if it was them or not), for a tempered glass screen protector... my guess is that once they installed it, they realized that it doesn't work because the new Model S/X's front screen makes a curve at the edges, so flat screen protectors don't stick there. And perhaps now they are in the same boat as I am:
Option 1) Do it with TPU (the front one) - this is what I sell.
Option 2) Do it with PET/Tempered Glass and have it not stick at the edges - this is what I initially did, I sell these too as some people prefer them, but it's not optimal...you can see in the images where it doesn't stick because of the curve (9H Hardness Screen Protectors for 2021+ Tesla Model S/X (Front & Back))
Option 3) Try to find someone to manufacture it for a curved screen - this is what I've been working on for the past 2 months. As a matter of fact, I now have 2 factories willing to give it a shot, so I am working with them to make it happen but it's slow. With some luck I might have curved screen protectors for the MS/X within 2-3 months or so. But I can't promise it will happen... it's been very difficult to convince anyone in China (and nobody in the US makes this) to do this, because:
A) most factories don't do curved screen protectors at all, as they don't have the machines for injection molding which is what you need to do a PET curved screen protector
B) the ones that do have the machines, don't have them big enough. They only do Samsung phones screen protectors that have a curve, so when they hear 17" they immediately reject me as this is a low volume item /Samsung produces more phones than Tesla produces Model S/X vehicles/
C) the factories that do tempered glass are more willing to work with me as tempered glass is made with a mold instead of injection - meaning they literally pour the liquid tempered glass into a mold, wait for it to harden and then apply a bunch of coatings like adhesive, matte, etc... the issue with these factories is that they don't do small quantities, they usually require you to pay for at least 5000-10000 screen protectors in advance, so that's about $50k-$100k investment. And the issue here is that you have to pay for new mold and retooling for each experiment you do, and this costs additional about $5k per experiment... if you are very lucky you will get the size/shape right the first time, but if not you may have to pay tens of thousands of $, until what they produce actually fits properly. Also each experiment takes about a month between giving it the green light and having a sample you can test.
So in my case, I found 2 factories that are willing to buy machines that can do injection molding for a 17" screen, but I still need to pay for the machines, molds and retooling, so let's see if we'll get it right before I run out of money for retooling and new molds 😂

As for the actual screen protectors, I have 2 types:

1. TPU - soft screen protector for the front. Requires wet install. It protects from minor bumps and scratches, and the matte one is fingerprint resistant. A bit tricky to install although if you follow my install video it shouldn't be that hard, and I ship everything you need for a successful installation (I actually ship 2 front screen protectors with each purchase, just in case)

2. PET/Nano Glass - this is basically hard plastic based screen protector. I use 9H PET, so it has excellent scratch and shock protection. It's easy to install too, and doesn't require a wet installation. I have it for the front as well, it just leaves about 2mm at the edges that don't stick, so it makes a visible white line (check the photos on my listing).

As for the rear/back screen protector - I have these only in PET and I personally think this is the best choice for them. Since PET is bendable (unlike tempered glass), it allows to have a screen protector for the back that has 100% coverage of the back display, which means that once you install it, you can't tell it's there. If it were Tempered Glass, then you won't be able to bend it, so it will basically be a rectangle with visible borders. Mine (PET) is not a rectangle, as it tucks in at the bottom and then at the top, so as I said - you can't tell it's there, once installed.

Sorry for the long answer, I suppose you were looking for a short "mine are better", but I can't objectively make a comparison as I've never seen anything other than mine. So I hope this long explanation gives you a good enough understanding of what's on the market at the moment, and why is it that way :)
Thanks for the detailed response I think I'll go with the matte.

Reactions: iyordanov