Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pulled the trigger on Jaguar i-pace as second EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my wife and I recently purchased an i-pace as our second EV of the household. On its own we would have never even looked at it. but with our M3 to use for road trips, and the MASSIVE discount we got off with the current motivation that JLR has placed on moving them from their lots, it was pretty convincing. She loves it and the fit and finish is amazing. its quick. just as quick as my dual motor M3, the range is no issue at all since my wife just commutes with it to work and to run the kids around. the MSRP was $81k, we paid $55k out the door. these deals are all over the country

So my wife and I recently purchased an i-pace as our second EV of the household. On its own we would have never even looked at it. but with our M3 to use for road trips, and the MASSIVE discount we got off with the current motivation that JLR has placed on moving them from their lots, it was pretty convincing. She loves it and the fit and finish is amazing. its quick. just as quick as my dual motor M3, the range is no issue at all since my wife just commutes with it to work and to run the kids around. the MSRP was $81k, we paid $55k out the door. these deals are all over the country
You can't beat 33% off list! Congrats!!!!

The infotainment is clunky, it is not even fair to compare it to tesla, not even a 2012 tesla MS UI. it is more traditional legacy auto's attempt to be tech forward but its not terrible if you're not spoiled by the tesla screen. the driving dynamics are very much like the M3. I prefer my M3 hands down. I cant imagine ever paying close to the MSRP for it. the value just isn't there.

The infotainment is clunky, it is not even fair to compare it to tesla, not even a 2012 tesla MS UI. it is more traditional legacy auto's attempt to be tech forward but its not terrible if you're not spoiled by the tesla screen. the driving dynamics are very much like the M3. I prefer my M3 hands down. I cant imagine ever paying close to the MSRP for it. the value just isn't there.

Any idea what lease numbers were? I'm wondering if things have drastically changed. A few months back, my brother got notified by Jaguar that they would like to offer ending his lease early to get him into another car. He figured he would at least see what they had to offer on the i-Pace, and was pretty shocked to get the numbers - $1700/mo for 7k mi/yr lease. lol, he laughed and walked out. I wondered if they just want to get these off their hands and trying to make leasing as unappealing as possible?

He ended up going over to Audi and got a lease on the e-tron for $800/mo

Reactions: Pkmmte
Any idea what lease numbers were? I'm wondering if things have drastically changed. A few months back, my brother got notified by Jaguar that they would like to offer ending his lease early to get him into another car. He figured he would at least see what they had to offer on the i-Pace, and was pretty shocked to get the numbers - $1700/mo for 7k mi/yr lease. lol, he laughed and walked out. I wondered if they just want to get these off their hands and trying to make leasing as unappealing as possible?

He ended up going over to Audi and got a lease on the e-tron for $800/mo
not sure about the lease deals, early i-pace owners in the forums are feeling the pinch of the price drop im sure

I've never had a British car that had a reliable electrical system. And those dual carbs you had to stop for, pull out the wrench and screwdriver and "sync" on the side of the road, same issue for decades, well, that was delightful. And symptomatic of the same insular mentality that gave them Brexit. So if they've managed to make a usable vehicle, that's great progress. Still, I wouldn't touch a British car for love or money.

Reactions: Biscuitman
Congrats on the I-Pace. Were there any "requirements" to get that price e.g., had to finance through Jaguar or a particular bank?

The EV market is likely going to continue to be fairly volatile as Tesla has also seen notable price reductions on various models versus just a year or two ago. Of course, some level of federal tax credits were still available on Teslas until the end of last year..

Congrats on the iPace. It's a beautiful car (IMHO). If Tesla didn't exist and they released this one, it would've been a ground breaker. Too bad legacy auto makers had the Blockbuster and/or Kodak mentality and ignored electrification of vehicles. They were just stuck in "the-way-we've-always-done-it" thinking.
I couldn't agree with you more. The dealers do not care about the i-pace at all, and seemed out of place with the dealings of it. Car dealers are mostly slimy and untrustworthy at their word in my experiences. JLR is no different. Tesla had terrible customer service during my ordering experience, but I prefer it over the dance I had to do to get the deal I wanted on the i-pace. But it is what it is, the fit and finish of it is perfect, no paint runs or panel gaps or even black smudges on the headliner like I had on my M3.

Congrats on the I-Pace. Were there any "requirements" to get that price e.g., had to finance through Jaguar or a particular bank?

The EV market is likely going to continue to be fairly volatile as Tesla has also seen notable price reductions on various models versus just a year or two ago. Of course, some level of federal tax credits were still available on Teslas until the end of last year..
No requirements, I used chase as they are my bank. I got a 2.2% interest rate and put zero money down. my financed amount was $55k. The only catch if you want to call it that, is that I had to sign for the car without seeing it as it was still at the port of entry with 170 others that my dealer had access too. All I had was the spec sheet with the options and whatnot. The car arrived a week after signing and we took delivery this last tuesday.

Nice, 'grats. It was a runner up for us in terms of features, design, etc., but at the time we just couldn't get over the price (Model 3 LR was a big enough spend already!). Other than range, it would've actually been a better fit for us because of the hatch.

If they're somehow still reduced in price a few years from now and nothing else looks interesting, it'll be a hard decision between the Chevy Bolt and a I-Pace for a second EV. Kinda just hoping there's something else entirely because I'm not exactly close to a Jag dealership either!

The only catch if you want to call it that, is that I had to sign for the car without seeing it as it was still at the port of entry with 170 others that my dealer had access too.
Just curious.... did you test drive the same configuration before signing on the dotted line? While my last two cars were essentially purchased over the internet (Tesla and 2000 BMW 323i), I had a chance to test drive the car with most of the options I wanted prior to ordering. With the BMW I went to a local dealer and got a test drive. I then ordered through CarOrder.com. With the 3 I rented one using Turo.com for a weekend. I don't think I could ever buy something like a new car (or even a used one) without first getting some experience on the road.

Reactions: brucet999