Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11k miles for me. Was a year of ownership on the 25th. Absolutely love it still, best car I've ever owned by miles. My wife thinks the same. My daughter says she couldn't imagine life without a Tesla 😄.

White seats holding up very well and I find the interior is super easy to keep clean.

Only negatives I can think of are the wipers (have only starting troubling me recently but it can be very annoying).

Love all the updates and I have never owned a car that just keeps getting incrementally better after buying it.
Agreed re recent wiper behaviour which, on Lizzie, is usually associated with cruise control and also resisting the OFF touch. Perhaps the next S/W update with sort it.

What's a razen screen?

Been recently targeted for aftermarket air suspension for the MY (OnAir if I recall), around £3k. Expensive, but I agree the suspension is the part in the MY I like the least... too crashy... Not reassured about what messing with the suspension would do in terms of Tesla warranty & insurance though... so haven't bitten the bullet

Tesla do not like the suspension mods. Ryan Shaw, an excellent Tesla and EV news in general You-Tuber fell foul with a warranty issue after fitting coilovers. Tesla argued that the genesis of his problem, although not due to the coilovers per se, was caused during the fitting process. Sounds like a bit manufacturer sophistry to me but could be true🤔. I believe a compromise was reached.

AMD Ryzen Chip?

Tesla do not like the suspension mods. Ryan Shaw, an excellent Tesla and EV news in general You-Tuber fell foul with a warranty issue after fitting coilovers. Tesla argued that the genesis of his problem, although not due to the coilovers per se, was caused during the fitting process. Sounds like a bit manufacturer sophistry to me but could be true🤔. I believe a compromise was reached.

AMD Ryzen Chip?
Ah yes.. Ryzen not Razen. I got 80% of the characters right, and that gets you an A* nowadays :)

The suspension mod I was thinking of was literally fitting the latest version of the Tesla parts. There's a US thread and I think we've talked about it in the UK, but then somebody put a tiny seed of doubt in your mind because somebody was told by a Tesla service center person we've only had the better suspension on the P models in the UK despite people claiming the LR rides better and now I'm left not wanting to spend best part of £1k on something with a question mark hanging over it. Now if Tesla sold a "suspension retrofit kit", a bit like the MCU2 upgrade, then confidence would be much higher.

Ah yes.. Ryzen not Razen. I got 80% of the characters right, and that gets you an A* nowadays :)

The suspension mod I was thinking of was literally fitting the latest version of the Tesla parts. There's a US thread and I think we've talked about it in the UK, but then somebody put a tiny seed of doubt in your mind because somebody was told by a Tesla service center person we've only had the better suspension on the P models in the UK despite people claiming the LR rides better and now I'm left not wanting to spend best part of £1k on something with a question mark hanging over it. Now if Tesla sold a "suspension retrofit kit", a bit like the MCU2 upgrade, then confidence would be much high
I was responding to @WIIXM and the £3k upgrade.

Re your point: A test drive, as suggested above, might clear things up. It seems counter intuitive that the new P would have softer suspension than the LR. However, the new P suspension may be better than that of the original P .
There maybe no appreciable change to the current LR.

Now then...... SWMBO opines : "If the damn roads were properly repaired, the ride would be perfect all the time - as it is on decent roads ...... but then, what would you boys talk about...."

Happy 1st Birthday today to my second Model 3 collected from the exotic Staines this day last year. 8.5K miles on £407, saving me £1,146. 83% home charging, 14% SuperCharging, never had to wait for a charger.

What I wasn't really expecting was the step up in range from my previous 2019 LR, the battery being a little bigger but the increase in efficiency really helps. My average is sub 250Wh/mile for the year, where the old car was 286Wh/mile. Together it realistically means another 30-40 minutes of motorway range if I need it. On normal week I charge just once.

It had a rocky start, a cooling sensor problem would cause the Autopilot computer to shut down, light to come on etc. on hotter days including the day of collection, even if not hot enough an abnormal amount of pump noises after 1-2 hours of driving. Took 3 attempts to fix it, first time it was just kind of brushed away. Second they changed the super manifold and couldn't recreate it, but then by the third time the friendly engineer at Reading was determined to stop me coming back, used it for several journeys and eventually observed the problem and correctly changed the computer where the faulty sensor was located. It was nice to get a 3 P as a loaner, which helps me confirm that my LR is perfectly good for me.

Other than that the software has improved significantly. The bigger font option means I don't need varifocals, I can view my sentry mode cameras from the App, the auto seat and wheel heating was spot on through the winter, and I like the new mini music player. I'll still stick by there being no differences in EAP since 2019, variations are just different roads, weather, light levels, dirt.

The auto-wipers dry wiping needs to be fixed, my biggest irritation. I've taken to keeping screen cleaner and cloths in the car to stop and clean it which really feel like a sub optimal experience.

Overall 9/10

Last edited:

The suspension mod I was thinking of was literally fitting the latest version of the Tesla parts. There's a US thread and I think we've talked about it in the UK, but then somebody put a tiny seed of doubt in your mind because somebody was told by a Tesla service center person we've only had the better suspension on the P models in the UK despite people claiming the LR rides better and now I'm left not wanting to spend best part of £1k on something with a question mark hanging over it. Now if Tesla sold a "suspension retrofit kit", a bit like the MCU2 upgrade, then confidence would be much higher.
I sent Tesla a few emails enquiring about the parts for the suspension, to a few different mailboxes, at different service centres.

And it might not surprise you to hear that I have heard exactly zippo back.

Has anyone taken delivery of a new LHD MS/MX in the UK yet?

Found one :) The suitably named @bonkers

Reactions: Wattsisname
So gratifying to read these great first anniversary reports.
All the best for year two.
Q2 2022 grads- Help please.
I have read ( and seen a US screen shot) that in Pedals & Steering, there is an option button between Stopping Mode and Off-Road assist, which offers automatic braking assist when regen braking is weak due to high charge/limited battery space.
Lizzie lacks this option. Do you have it?

Q2 2022 grads- Help please.
I have read ( and seen a US screen shot) that in Pedals & Steering, there is an option button between Stopping Mode and Off-Road assist, which offers automatic braking assist when regen braking is weak due to high charge/limited battery space.
Lizzie lacks this option. Do you have it?
This option isn't available in the UK (only USA). I'm also waiting for this option to be enabled.

On another note on the Q2 collections thread yesterday I just cleared my 50,000 miles warranty limit.:eek:

Hopefully it remains as reliable as it has done in it's first year. :cool:

1 set of wiper blades at £24.99 and a set of new tyres.👍

One very happy owner now running 2023.27.7 at the moment. 🤞

50,000 miles.jpg

On another note on the Q2 collections thread yesterday I just cleared my 50,000 miles warranty limit.:eek:

Hopefully it remains as reliable as it has done in it's first year. :cool:

1 set of wiper blades at £24.99 and a set of new tyres.👍

One very happy owner now running 2023.27.7 at the moment. 🤞

View attachment 968877
🥳Congratulations! You are obviously in high demand. Also, an excellent Wh/ml average. All the best for the next 50k mate.

VaDA is past the 22.5k mile mark and had some warranty issues, now addressed. Squeaky front suspension ball joints replaced and drivers window realigned so not closing on glass door pillar 🫣.

All sorted but bit of faffing with Service Centre over dates and whether done at home or not.

Been running on Chill but went back to Standard to give nephew the Tesla experience - I’d forgotten that there’s quite a difference!

How’s everyone finding the cars?

As you guys are coming up to 1 year with the cars, have you thought about changing tyres? Doing a service etc?

I got mine in November and was wondering if I should book it in with Tesla to get a service. Is there much point?

As you guys are coming up to 1 year with the cars, have you thought about changing tyres? Doing a service etc?

I got mine in November and was wondering if I should book it in with Tesla to get a service. Is there much point?

No service required.
If you live in an area with frequently salted roads* and your brake discs are looking shabby with surface rust (it builds up because most braking is happening with regen) you might consider a brake service to ensure the pads are sliding freely but most people don't bother. Lack of annual servicing won't affect warranty.
[ * I see you're in Kent ... you're brakes will likely be lovely!]

Service!? No etiendo!
Re tyres, as can be seen here above, annual mileage varies enormously between owners. The need for new tyres will depend on your tyre wear ( I got a first in stating the bloody obvious😊).
Re rotating front to rear, you may like use a tread depth gauge to determine the wear difference and be thus guided.
At 6,000 miles, (Tesla's recommendation) the difference on mine was barely measurable. It's time I checked them again.🤔