Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
QQ on AP for the class of Q3

Camera all seem to be configured now and the car offers AP regularly on main roads and A/Ms roads I have yet to see it offer Autosteer alongside AP on the screen

I do NOT have any AP upgrades just the standard. I have selected "Autosteer (beta)" in the Controls menu

Has anyone else had similar?

Have you got EAP? If that's what you're referring to a destination needs to be set in the satnav. If just normal AP click the drive stalk down twice at any time no destination needed

Have you got EAP? If that's what you're referring to a destination needs to be set in the satnav. If just normal AP click the drive stalk down twice at any time no destination needed
Interesting, I didn’t know this (the difference in having a destination set or not). Double-click down without a destination set does gives cruise control and steering assist - what do you get on top of this with a destination set and a double click down?

I’ve managed some good mileage in the last 9 days, but doing a big first motorway drive tomorrow (where I intend to use it all alot more and try my first assisted lane change!).

Thanks

Interesting, I didn’t know this (the difference in having a destination set or not). Double-click down without a destination set does gives cruise control and steering assist - what do you get on top of this with a destination set and a double click down?

I’ve managed some good mileage in the last 9 days, but doing a big first motorway drive tomorrow (where I intend to use it all alot more and try my first assisted lane change!).

Thanks

The blue lines become 1 and it recommends Lane changes for your upcoming exit etc you still have to tug the wheel occasionally but it will certainly merge onto the next motorway with minimal input from you.

I see, I didn’t know that, thank you! Will have a go tomorrow.

I only worked out these past few days that the one month trial we get of EAP does not extend to Summon, I was trying to find it in the car and iOS app and googling where I was going wrong. 😂

What one month trial of EAP? I didn’t get offered one!!
Hmm, I’ve got that totally mixed up with the premium connectivity trial I think, apologies!

For some reason, I thought that what we’ve described above (lane change and navigate on auto pilot) was part of EAP not standard AP, and that only the cruise control would remain after one month. Sorry, that’s totally my bad (the good news at least, is that I have been thinking the steering assist feature was going to disappear next month lol). Not sure how I’d formed that assumption over the past few months.

My M3P was delivered late on Tuesday, as it was backed off the transporter the ramp came detached and the one side dropped down, the bumper was bitten by the back of the transporter... Driver gutted, me gutted. Perfect car damaged before I had even signed for it. Me debating accepting a car I had waited 4 months for...

I've read enough on here about delivery damage to know that Tesla would repair with no issue and actually the damage wasn't bad. I decided to accept with the transporter admitting liability, contacted the lease company and they lodged a complaint with Tesla.

Long short, Tesla very apologetic and equally gutted for me, a new bumper to be fitted while i wait in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile the car is amazing and i'm enjoying every minute of driving it. I've gone from a silver M3LR to a white M3P white interior and fitted a few black bits and i'm so pleased with the look as well as the way the car drives.
Pictures tomorrow!

Hmm, I’ve got that totally mixed up with the premium connectivity trial I think, apologies!

For some reason, I thought that what we’ve described above (lane change and navigate on auto pilot) was part of EAP not standard AP, and that only the cruise control would remain after one month. Sorry, that’s totally my bad (the good news at least, is that I have been thinking the steering assist feature was going to disappear next month lol). Not sure how I’d formed that assumption over the past few months.
Um, lane change and navigate on autopilot *is* part of EAP, not AP so I don’t think the mystery is much clearer.

A standard AP car won’t change lanes automatically (if you indicate it’ll disengage lanekeeping and bong at you, and then you have to manually re-engage the lane keeping after the manual lane change by double dipping again on Drive.

Reactions: Toblerone
£85 is for the 4m version on the Tesla store. If this came in Q3, it's probably the 7.5m, so that's a cracking price. They go for £200ish on Amazon
FYI, Both of these cables I pre-purchased from the Tesla Store, fairly early on in my MY order date, spurred-on, partly, by all the, mainly US negative posts, about not getting these cables with Q3 cars and their seemingly constant `out-of-stock` status in the Tesla Store! Happily I did get both cables with mine on the 22nd, hence these two new cables are now `excess-to-requirements` and consequently up for grabs. PS. I haven`t actually taken out and measured the blue `with-car` cable so I have no idea of it`s length :oops: Realy must do that at some point 🤓

Reactions: Rowsdower
Um, lane change and navigate on autopilot *is* part of EAP, not AP so I don’t think the mystery is much clearer.

A standard AP car won’t change lanes automatically (if you indicate it’ll disengage lanekeeping and bong at you, and then you have to manually re-engage the lane keeping after the manual lane change by double dipping again on Drive.
Yeah, thanks, I just read the comments on the previous page that I’d missed, quite clear now. That does explain why the one attempt I made at a lane change didn’t work while in auto steer 😁 again, it comes down to my misunderstanding that I (all of us) had a one month trial of EAP. Cheers , sorry for the confusion, best I sign off for the night, not even had a drink yet lol 😂

Update, tyre replaced from Kwik Fit. Had to order them in as they didn’t stock the tyres. £310 was the total cost, noticed I had another screw in the back. Luckily didn’t puncture and could pull it out safely.

They had the pucks, and knew how to lift it so that’s a bonus! But 50 miles on the clock and a £310 brings a tear to my eye!
Did that actually go all the way through? it looked like a short self tapping metal fixing that was only 6-8mm into the thickest part of the tyre.

Well everyone, I hope Mr Musk has kept you entertained and that your new toys were all worthwhile. I will try to find some time this weekend to really get familiar with mine, and maybe get the ceramic coating done too.

It’s been a pleasure sharing my journey with you and I appreciate all your help along the way and sharing your journeys too. I will never forget the excitement of the VINs appearing on 23rd August -was that really 5 weeks ago? The culmination has been the brilliant photos over the last month and hearing about the mostly excellent quality of your cars, after we’ve all collectively subjected the contents of Glovis Companion and Glovis Sunrise to the highest levels of scrutiny possible.

I will periodically check in for advice in the future but in the meantime I wish all my fellow Q3 grads many miles of safe and happy travelling. Tomorrow a new stage is set and I wish the Q4 kids a stress free and enjoyable experience and that they support each other in the same way the Q3 team did.

StarBucks Bob is checking out …..🚀

I graduated the Class of Q3 this afternoon. Not had much chance to play with my MY yet.

First impression is it seems much bigger than I remember from the test drive. Looked stunning as it was dropped off #TeamBlue!

Minor scuff on the front bumper, but I’ll book a service appointment for that. I’ll have a proper look round it tomorrow - turned up 6 this evening, by which time I was getting dark and peeing down!

Congratulations to everyone whose received their vehicles over the past couple of weeks, look forward to seeing some of you on the road 😁

Well everyone, I hope Mr Musk has kept you entertained and that your new toys were all worthwhile. I will try to find some time this weekend to really get familiar with mine, and maybe get the ceramic coating done too.

It’s been a pleasure sharing my journey with you and I appreciate all your help along the way and sharing your journeys too. I will never forget the excitement of the VINs appearing on 23rd August -was that really 5 weeks ago? The culmination has been the brilliant photos over the last month and hearing about the mostly excellent quality of your cars, after we’ve all collectively subjected the contents of Glovis Companion and Glovis Sunrise to the highest levels of scrutiny possible.

I will periodically check in for advice in the future but in the meantime I wish all my fellow Q3 grads many miles of safe and happy travelling. Tomorrow a new stage is set and I wish the Q4 kids a stress free and enjoyable experience and that they support each other in the same way the Q3 team did.

StarBucks Bob is checking out …..🚀
Bob you’ve been a brilliant companion on the journey. I’m really glad that you’re delighted with your car (as am I, it has exceeded my expectations).

Hope you’re going to keep checking in to the site, but happy motoring either way 🛞

Finally picked up my MYLR MSM 19' in Bluewater yesterday. Spotless. No issues. 6miles. 50% charge. Super friendly staff. All cables since I ordered in April. Ride is good. Car is quiet. Suspension is a little more firm than my 2019 XC90 was (like most cars are I guess) However, it feels right and my family is completely happy with it. Finally I have a place to put all the accessories I ordered over the past 6 months. Games are downloaded for my kids. Ready for a day trip. Tesla home charger works well. Easy set up to make sure it only charges our car. I will need to get some kind of rain cover for the charge port in the car. It catches a lot of rain during charging on the drive way.

Attachments

• 20220930_175200.jpg
    20220930_175200.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 77
Must say the first thing that struck me when my car arrived is how good the white paint looks. It pops out with the trim and dark wheels. Such a crisp white. I’m now thinking this car looks so unusual will keep the Aero wheel covers on. Just like my last car BMW 4 series and so low to the ground and sporty.

Reactions: rowedav and Mark V2
Picked up mylr from Belfast on Friday in probably worst weather of the year. Huge rainfall and swirling winds. Couldn’t really check the car for defects properly so just accepted it.
Headed on out with 43% of charge to do the 85 odd mile journey home. Wife driving our ipace.

The drive was great. Wipers coped with everything the weather could chuck at it. No randomness which i had read previously.

The car is very comfortable. Suspension is ok. Certainly better than our last bmw 420 msport. Not as good as the ipace but that has air suspension. If the road has sustained rough patches you feel it a bit more - but the odd hole it work’s totally fine. Impressed.

With the car back and the weather calmed down i could check it out at home. Everything looks great. Panel gaps are good. Maybe headlight protrudes slightly but nothing you would overally notice.

Very happy so far. Have a road trip to see friends and family down to dublin and over to cardiff so looking forward to that on Thursday. So far its more impressive than the ioniq 5 ultimate I sold in March. Happy with that decision.

Didn`t feel as if I had the right, dry and dust-free conditions to apply my Zirconite nano coating myself so I enlisted the talents of my detailer contact Chris, near Banbury, Oxon (Heritage Detailing Centre) He gave the car the full monty, Exterior, interior trim (white) carpets, wheels and glass, for, I have to say, a wickedly good rate! First pressure wash, only, today with DI Water and it came up like glass, Lovely 😲 PS. Chris told me that my car was his third Model Y treated in as many days but the first one he`d seen with the white interior, which he liked very much! Still more Tesla`s to come for treatment in the following days I`m told! 😲

Attachments

• IMG_3833.JPG
    IMG_3833.JPG
    461.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    399.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    475.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG