Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the deluge of vins raining down on MY orders, the time for collection is nearly upon us.

I will sadly have to wait until Q4 hopefully, however let’s share in all the joys and tribulations of those lucky enough to collect in Q3.

Please share your whole experience of collection, the trip down, where you actually went to collect when getting to the location, the handover experience, any faults found on collection, first drives home, kit that came with the car and all positives and negatives.

Please don’t forget pictures too, just to make all those Q4 collectors really jealous😭

Looking forward to hearing from you lucky people.

With the deluge of vins raining down on MY orders, the time for collection is nearly upon us.

I will sadly have to wait until Q4 hopefully, however let’s share in all the joys and tribulations of those lucky enough to collect in Q3.

Please share your whole experience of collection, the trip down, where you actually went to collect when getting to the location, the handover experience, any faults found on collection, first drives home, kit that came with the car and all positives and negatives.

Please don’t forget pictures too, just to make all those Q4 collectors really jealous😭

How my Tesla Order to Collection journey has felt like so far...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Desperate to hear of anything new mine is still almost 3 weeks away and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas 😂

Desperate to hear of anything new mine is still almost 3 weeks away and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas 😂
Ok, I’ll bite.

Extra airbag between driver and passenger seat to prevent injury from occupants colliding in a crash.

Rubber seal around bootlid - speculation is it is to reduce buffeting / noise.

Note that Mr Ms car was built pre factory upgrade and I don’t know if the above are dependent on that.

Sources:

1661375454046.png

Ok, I’ll bite.

Extra airbag between driver and passenger seat to prevent injury from occupants colliding in a crash.

Note that Mr Ms car was built pre factory upgrade and I don’t know if the above are dependent on that.

Sources:

View attachment 844651

Superb thanks, I'd heard about the airbag but not the seal

Ok, I’ll bite.

Sources:

View attachment 844651
Where is the better suspension talk? 😀

I’m interested to see/hear peoples experiences too. As a q4 delivery, it’s great to see Shanghai churning out vehicles in such massive quantities - I just hope quality (which Tesla already has a less than stellar reputation for) isn’t being compromised as a result.

Dont forget to share your experiences @SupaScot and @Mr Miserable and anyone else who is lucky enough to collect very soon.
I shall try to remember! First thing that I think is worth saying - I just received a text that pick up is self-service. I presume that means it will be tricky to find a representative if there are any issues - though I still have to sign for it so there must be someone around. Feels a little bit like they are trying to hurry you away even if you find any minor problems. However, fingers crossed it is all good.

Reactions: John1501
Hi all,

I'm picking up on the 22nd so I had better get some accessories sorted out. I have 2 kids (6 and 14) so some kind of rear seat protection is probably wise. I've already ordered some tray-style floor mats and some boot protection along with some of those jack plug things to protect the battery.

What else would you say is essential?

I shall try to remember! First thing that I think is worth saying - I just received a text that pick up is self-service. I presume that means it will be tricky to find a representative if there are any issues - though I still have to sign for it so there must be someone around. Feels a little bit like they are trying to hurry you away even if you find any minor problems. However, fingers crossed it is all good.
The chat from Q2 collections is that this works well. Apparently, you arrive, do a bit of admin and are given your key cards. You find the car and are left alone to pour over it without anyone there so can take as much or as little time as you want. App goes live very shortly after you get keys - for some while they are walking to find their car. For those expecting the lot show room with your car the sole focus of attention and someone to show you every bell and whistle, forget it!

You can easily go back and register issues. I understand that feedback for handover is a KPI so the agents do what they can.

I don't know how I missed this thread, I collected mine exactly a week ago. Sadly a few weird issues in the paint, you have to look quite hard to find them. It's booked in to be looked at by the SC in about 3 weeks time. Blue looks great but is a complete dirt magnet by the way. I don't have any nice pictures yet for some reason. I will have to check the boot seal, mine is a 402xxx VIN so not sure if it was post restart or not. The car is just awesome though. Seriously. You'll love it when you get yours :D

The chat from Q2 collections is that this works well. Apparently, you arrive, do a bit of admin and are given your key cards. You find the car and are left alone to pour over it without anyone there so can take as much or as little time as you want. App goes live very shortly after you get keys - for some while they are walking to find their car. For those expecting the lot show room with your car the sole focus of attention and someone to show you every bell and whistle, forget it!

You can easily go back and register issues. I understand that feedback for handover is a KPI so the agents do what they can.
Yes this is pretty much my experience. Being early in the Q3 though they weren't busy and said they'd happily show me stuff if I had questions, but in the main just left us to it. The last bit is you accept delivery in the app and once you've done that you can set up your phone as a key.

Reactions: RCMY and Toblerone