Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went with my daughter to collect car from Staines, she was my copilot while i concentrated on the driving🤪 Lots of cars parked up with more arriving by transporter while i was there. Not busy, fast and efficient, App started working while i was at the counter.
No issues with paint or anything else as far as i could see, just some residual adhesive from the trim protection film.
Tow bar, emergency kit, granny charger and charge cable all present. Parcel shelf was better made than i was led to believe from the reviews.
50% charge.
My wife's reaction when i got home was "it looks like a giant Vauxhall Astra" which was nice of her LOL.
I'm sure she will love it when she goes out in it as its bloody brilliant.

View attachment 849631

Attachments

• 88E776E3-C481-47D8-B7E0-0B2D81D12E73_1_102_o.jpeg
    88E776E3-C481-47D8-B7E0-0B2D81D12E73_1_102_o.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 265
Went with my daughter to collect car from Staines, she was my copilot while i concentrated on the driving🤪 Lots of cars parked up with more arriving by transporter while i was there. Not busy, fast and efficient, App started working while i was at the counter.
No issues with paint or anything else as far as i could see, just some residual adhesive from the trim protection film.
Tow bar, emergency kit, granny charger and charge cable all present. Parcel shelf was better made than i was led to believe from the reviews.
50% charge.
My wife's reaction when i got home was "it looks like a giant Vauxhall Astra" which was nice of her LOL.
I'm sure she will love it when she goes out in it as its bloody brilliant.

View attachment 849631

Where is the tow bar stowed, and have you taken the panel off to see electric hookup for it? Just something I hadn't seen anyone mention. Looks amazing collecting exactly the same colour on Saturday

Tell us about your experience, especially any difference in ride quality
How do you find the boot size is it larger than expected and could it do with cargo nets to stop things sliding around. Sometimes a cars boot is great for holidays but on practical day to day trips when you dont need the size we end up sticking the shoping behind the back seats
On 2nd September I'll be able to give a full posting on experience of collecting my M3P from Manchester...

Until then I remain giddy with excitement...

View attachment 844703
Very nice I've got those wheel covers to go on my car. Congrats my neighbor has the performance and has to be the best looking car in my opinion.

I was wondering how you finding the boot size or does the Model Y now come with a cargo net. I mention as sometimes a large boot can be an obstacle.
It’s a large boot for the current breed of EVs, but it’s not exactly a large boot in the context of cars generally. In my Discovery I had a rubber floor liner which helped with items moving, plus a large boot organiser. I’ll probably use the same in the MY.

It’s a large boot for the current breed of EVs, but it’s not exactly a large boot in the context of cars generally. In my Discovery I had a rubber floor liner which helped with items moving, plus a large boot organiser. I’ll probably use the same in the MY.

Collection tomorrow. Had a very good call from Toby at the Bristol hub, really helpful and offering me the chance to clear up any questions I might have.

My VIN and collection date have also finally appeared in the app this week, two or three weeks after being on the website.
Result.. Congrats. Enjoy.

Collection tomorrow. Had a very good call from Toby at the Bristol hub, really helpful and offering me the chance to clear up any questions I might have.

My VIN and collection date have also finally appeared in the app this week, two or three weeks after being on the website.
Good luck! Please do share your experience and findings if possible…I am collecting from the same location a week later.

Good touch, good to know. I wasn’t aware they did that. I’d better be on standby for a call from Toby.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Hi all,

I'm picking up on the 22nd so I had better get some accessories sorted out. I have 2 kids (6 and 14) so some kind of rear seat protection is probably wise. I've already ordered some tray-style floor mats and some boot protection along with some of those jack plug things to protect the battery.

What else would you say is essential?
MattM76, What are the jack plug things of which you speak?
Picking up my red MYLR on 20th. I have only ordered a rear boot liner so I can carry manure to my allotment :cool:.
Wondering about mudflaps - worthwhile?
Also I notice that locking wheel nuts are sold as an accessory - surely a car this costly has locking wheel nuts as standard?

MattM76, What are the jack plug things of which you speak?
Picking up my red MYLR on 20th. I have only ordered a rear boot liner so I can carry manure to my allotment :cool:.
Wondering about mudflaps - worthwhile?
Also I notice that locking wheel nuts are sold as an accessory - surely a car this costly has locking wheel nuts as standard?

Mudflaps are included found out after buying a set from tesla which I can't be bothered sending back 🤦‍♂️😂

Jack pads
topfit for Tesla Model 3 Model Y Lifting Jack Pad 4 Pack Jack Point Pad Sturdy Adapter Rubber Protector https://amzn.eu/d/7OFuXbe

I don't know about locking wheel nuts until the weekend when I collect but surely they're included 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MattM76
A question for fellow Q3ers…

Are you finding the cars come with the latest software, or do you need to do a software update straight away?
Think mine came with 2022.20 or something around that. 2022.24 came out the day I collected, and it hadn't shown it was available. Came up a few days later at home.. so I'd say relatively up to date, but may not be exact currently train!

Reactions: Markee68
Collecting mine this morning from Manchester. Feeling a bit like a kid at Christmas!

Quick question - has anyone had a dashcam fitted in the NW? I know that the car has its own rudimentary system, but having looked at footage, it’s not a patch on a dedicated system. Additionally, the Thinkware camera I have gives audible speed camera alerts.