Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 Delivery timeline.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I saw the increase in delivery lead time last week and went ahead and put my order in on Thursday. I was planning on ordering around the 1st or 2nd week of November. I am in SC and I already have a scheduled pick up time. I can confirm the car was not already at the Tesla store since I was already working with a rep who said he did not have any cars for me at the time I ordered. Maybe there was one somewhere close? Either way my car was scheduled in less than a week. White LR AWD black interior.

So I saw the increase in delivery lead time last week and went ahead and put my order in on Thursday. I was planning on ordering around the 1st or 2nd week of November. I am in SC and I already have a scheduled pick up time. I can confirm the car was not already at the Tesla store since I was already working with a rep who said he did not have any cars for me at the time I ordered. Maybe there was one somewhere close? Either way my car was scheduled in less than a week. White LR AWD black interior.
Is your VIN number higher than 530,000?

I think you got a car produced before Tesla started making them for overseas.

When I see evidence that the Fremont factory is producing cars for the US market, I will count Tesla as holding to delivery. Until that happens, anything goes. Lets get real here. Tesla is consistent in that buyers never know what is going to happen.

Reactions: NormVA
Placed my order for a M3P white/black on 10/4. Just asked the advisor about the increased wait time. Here's what she said "Delivery time of 6-10 weeks just started for orders placed 10/16 and later. At the time you ordered the delivery time was 3-5 weeks, since it's already been almost 3 weeks, we should be expecting your VIN to be assigned anytime now."

We'll see. Rick

Reactions: dillon
Placed my order for a M3P white/black on 10/4. Just asked the advisor about the increased wait time. Here's what she said "Delivery time of 6-10 weeks just started for orders placed 10/16 and later. At the time you ordered the delivery time was 3-5 weeks, since it's already been almost 3 weeks, we should be expecting your VIN to be assigned anytime now."

We'll see. Rick
My M3P w/w FSD was placed on 10/3 I hope so too!

We'll see. Rick

Best. News. Ever.

I placed my order on 10/16 - AWD 3 LR white / black int.

My sales rep had already told me that they were not delivering cars until end of nov. / early dec befoer i placed the order. he had been telling me that since early october, it just took me 2 weeks to make up my mind to buy the car (was not in the market for a car, but after the test drive, i had to own one).

It is frustrating that the website is not up to date, but i do feel like the sales rep did give me the information i needed before i bought the car.

What is frustrating is how beholden tesla is to the market.. -- at the end of Q3 they had some incentives to try to clear out all the inventory that was already deployed. (free wheel + color upgrades + extra supercharging).

This was done to make the Q3 numbers look better for the market, but they already knew that they would shift production in early Q4 to overseas deliveries, -- if the company was not so focused on short term financials and investors, then it would have held on to the inventory knowing that it would dry up anyways when they stopped making deliveries in october,.

right now you can't find a single car in inventory in the major markets (seattle for me) .. because whatever was left has been snapped up by buyers who dont want to wait 6 - 8 weeks.

i'm not too disappointed since the car i am trading in is all paid off, and i'm probably going to take a 25k loan on the model 3 (great rates at 3.25% from my bank, can't turn down cheap money) -- and so i get to enjoy one more month without a car payment.

We'll see. Rick

I ordered m3p white/white on the 29th..so according to him I should be getting a vin any day now too (although my delivery estimate has changed to "we will contact you ...")

Hi guys, ordered mine on 4th October.. cash purchase.. ordered: model 3, long drive, black, black interior, full self driving.

Mines stuck on the "we are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment"

Heard nothing since and can see no Vin! Should.i have heard something by now?

Cheers

We can guess all we want, but until the Fremont factory actually starts making cars for N. America, we have no clue as to what is happening. Tesla will never tell us much of anything until they want us to write them a check.

I will guess that this apparent “shortage” of Model 3’s is really a surge in orders since last week when Tesla came clean that the original delivery dates didn’t apply.

An “unfillable” amount of US orders in the queue can be used at the Tesla 3Q results announcement on Wednesday - to show lots of demand for Tesla. Since Tesla is likely to show a loss, despite delivering 97,000 cars in Q3, they will need something to make investors happy.

So it will not be clear what they will do at Fremont in the foreseeable future. Tesla can deliver in the US in a Christmas madness, or possibly earlier. Tesla could ignore us quite a bit as, well, this is not about us - but rather about them.

Hi guys, ordered mine on 4th October.. cash purchase.. ordered: model 3, long drive, black, black interior, full self driving.

Mines stuck on the "we are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment"

Heard nothing since and can see no Vin! Should.i have heard something by now?

Cheers
I’m stuck on that screen as well, placed my order on Oct 1 and checking everyday on the source code page for my VIN lol.

We'll see. Rick
I hope that’s true cause I’m on week 3 since ordering and no VIN yet.