Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4'16 Delivery Estimates

What is your Q4'16 Delivery Estimate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very optimistic at the beginning of this quarter, expecting Tesla delivers some 26.500 cars, but rumours of delays in Ap-2 hardware supplies, QC of this hardware taking more time and delaying deliveries, 5 seats and RDH Tesla X seeming a little late, put me in the reserve about total deliveries for this quarter, so my guess is more like 22.955 cars in Q4, but with an huge number of cars in transit, maybe more than 6.500.
Please Tesla, prove me wrong and delivers 26.000 cars in Q4 to complete 80.000 deliveries in the year!

• Informative
Reactions: TMSE
I really think people should also have to give estimates for cars in transit. Someone that thinks they hit 26k by shrinking cars in transit down to 2k, is quite a lot different than someone that thinks they hit 26k while maintaining 5k in transit. Last quarter a number of posters on here thought Tesla was going to have good delivery numbers but mostly because of the assumption that they were sort of juicing the numbers and going to shrink cars in transit.

Your observation is a different way of asking about Q4 production, along with how the latter quarter distribution of that production lands in this quarter and next, and how the weather effects deliveries etc..

My suggestion - since this is a delivery prediction thread, and deliveries are what drives Q4 revenue, go with it as it stands. For my own part, I'm a sufficiently long term investor, I'm indifferent to Q4 deliveries - I watch production (and whether a given vehicle is delivered next quarter or this one is noise to me).

What the heck is up with the five significant digit predictions?
The only way that makes any sense is with inside information, but if that's the case your numbers should all match.
And that is the reason that I have won every single one of these predictions, if I recall correctly. Q.V. this thread post #14.

Somehow, though, I don't never get no rispeck for it.

The only way that makes any sense is with inside information, but if that's the case your numbers should all match.

I like @Bgarret's number the best. I can't decide if it is because of his inside info or the fact it is the highest number in your quoted post.;)

Imho, the multiple guesses with 5 significant digits does allow a more accurate mean, which should give us a closer approximation to the "actual" number.

I believe it's called the wisdom of the crowds:

The Wisdom of Crowds - Wikipedia

25638 :)

• Helpful
Reactions: TMSE
I like @Bgarret's number the best. I can't decide if it is because of his inside info or the fact it is the highest number in your quoted post.;)
Thanks Al. By the way, really appreciated your candor about your 170/180 - 210 entry points. I was with you philosophically, but ended up pullling the trigger at 198 for 2018 & 2019 LEAPS and some shorter term March and June options plays.

As for my delivery number and the 5 digit specificity. Couple things. It's arbitrary, not insider, like going out for coffee or caramels. Watching the S and X delivery threads, there are....deliveries, and not nearly as much drama. Throw in some robust consumer sentiment and compelling demand levers, and you have.....a number. My number. 26,781. I stand beside it, and behind it, and alongside it. It is robust without being rotund....realistic, yet optimistic, dynamic, yet the boring we all hope these numbers become when we add a 0 to the end in the next few years.

Merry Christmas to all, but none more so than those that are expecting an S or X delivery in the next 2 weeks. May Santa Elon be generous, and timely and make all your dreams come true...! And may he make your present and make my LEAP present to myself more valuable each day. It's a Christmas miracle, Tiny Tim!!

Last edited:
Thanks Al. By the way, really appreciated your candor about your 170/180 - 210 entry points. I was with you philosophically, but ended up pullling the trigger at 198 for 2018 & 2019 LEAPS and some shorter term March and June options plays.

As for my delivery number and the 5 digit specificity. Couple things. It's arbitrary, not insider, like going out for coffee or caramels. Watching the S and X delivery threads, there are....deliveries, and not nearly as much drama. Throw in some robust consumer sentiment and compelling demand levers, and you have.....a number. My number. 26,781. I stand beside it, and behind it, and alongside it. It is robust without being rotund....realistic, yet optimistic, dynamic, yet the boring we all hope these numbers become when we add a 0 to the end in the next few years.

Merry Christmas to all, but none more so than those that are expecting an S or X delivery in the next 2 weeks. May Santa Elon be generous, and timely and make all your dreams come true...! And may he make your present make my LEAP present to myself more valuable each day. It's a Christmas miracle, Tiny Tim!!

No problem: I have picked up some J19s. Fewer than I wanted but I set low price targets daily and only a few triggered. I still have quite a bit of stock but much less than my 'high point'. It has really been a tough two years for TSLA and my timing on the ups/downs has literally been 50:50.

Nice to have some other realistic bulls (like you) around. The ST thread becomes a shouting match at times:eek: