Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about used 2013 Model S 85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb cruise control only. No option to upgrade it or anything.

Also note that 2013's may not have power folding mirrors or parking sensors.

Thanks. That is what I figured but I wanted to check.

Still a blast to drive. I am perfectly happy driving my 2013 S85 with my own two hands, and controlling the cruise control with my own foot. No regrets!

Thanks. For $50K, I feel like it is still a super nice Model S, especially since it has the nice interior, smart air suspension, sub zero weather package, ultra high def sound and tech package. Although the lack of autopilot or even adaptive cruise control would be a bummer for me.

Just check to make sure it has a B battery rather than an A battery. You can find the label on the battery behind the front passenger wheel. Check the last letter. Because it has the sub-zero package, it almost certainly has a B battery but it's a good idea to be sure. The A battery is limited to 90 kW at Superchargers.

Just check to make sure it has a B battery rather than an A battery. You can find the label on the battery behind the front passenger wheel. Check the last letter. Because it has the sub-zero package, it almost certainly has a B battery but it's a good idea to be sure.

The A battery is limited to 90 kW at Superchargers.

Wow, I didn't know anything about that 'til you posted that... quelle surprise! :eek:

Can anyone tell me more about this?

When did they go to the B battery, on what models is this a thing, etc etc.

I could be wrong but I believe that a new 75d can be had for not too much more
Order a Model S

or if you could source an inventory car you'd probably be able to get into a newer car for an even better price and you might be able to take advantage of any federal or state incentives on a new purchase that you might not get when purchasing a used car.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't know anything about that 'til you posted that... quelle surprise! :eek:

Can anyone tell me more about this?

When did they go to the B battery, on what models is this a thing, etc etc..
What appears to have happened is that they went from A to B early in 2013 on the 85 kW batteries and then they found some more As and put those in some cars and then back to B when the As were gone, so the only way to tell is to look at the battery label. There were threads on this topic at the time.

• Informative
Reactions: FutureShock
Just check to make sure it has a B battery rather than an A battery. You can find the label on the battery behind the front passenger wheel. Check the last letter. Because it has the sub-zero package, it almost certainly has a B battery but it's a good idea to be sure. The A battery is limited to 90 kW at Superchargers.

The odds of this being a A-pack car are next to ZERO.

I have P04xxx and P11xxx and both of them came with B revision packs. This car is substantially newer than either of those.