TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Question about used 2013 Model S 85

Discussion in 'Model S' started by diplomat33, Oct 11, 2017 at 12:04 PM.

Tags:
  1. diplomat33

diplomat33 Member

So, I was looking at this used 2013 Model S 85:
    85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1CN4DFP20427 | Tesla

I know it can never do autopilot but I was wondering what type of cruise control does it have? Would it have dumb cruise control or adaptive cruise control?

Other than the lack of autopilot, it seems like a very nice Model S. So I was curious.

Thanks

2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Dumb cruise control only. No option to upgrade it or anything.

Also note that 2013's may not have power folding mirrors or parking sensors.

3. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

Still a blast to drive. I am perfectly happy driving my 2013 S85 with my own two hands, and controlling the cruise control with my own foot. No regrets!

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  4. diplomat33

diplomat33 Member

Thanks. That is what I figured but I wanted to check.

Thanks. For $50K, I feel like it is still a super nice Model S, especially since it has the nice interior, smart air suspension, sub zero weather package, ultra high def sound and tech package. Although the lack of autopilot or even adaptive cruise control would be a bummer for me.

5. SweetP

SweetP Member

The nonadaptive cruise control is easy to modulate in 1or 5 mph increments. I find it fine for relaxing trip cruising.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. caltrader

caltrader Supporting Member

Looks like a fair deal to me! I have a similar 2014 and can't wait to drive it everyday. Who needs AP when I'm headed up an on ramp and leave the mustangs in my rear view mirror.
    Also...there isn't very price depreciation from 50k :D

7. diplomat33

diplomat33 Member

I also noticed this beauty: Model S 85D
    85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1H28FFP73181 | Tesla

It's $70K so more expensive than the first one but it has everything: all wheel drive, AP1, smart air suspension, ultra high def sound, sub zero weather package, dual chargers and free supercharging. Compared to a custom order S75D, this seems like a great deal!

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Just check to make sure it has a B battery rather than an A battery. You can find the label on the battery behind the front passenger wheel. Check the last letter. Because it has the sub-zero package, it almost certainly has a B battery but it's a good idea to be sure. The A battery is limited to 90 kW at Superchargers.

• Informative x 2
  9. FutureShock

FutureShock Member

Wow, I didn't know anything about that 'til you posted that... quelle surprise! :eek:

Can anyone tell me more about this?

When did they go to the B battery, on what models is this a thing, etc etc.

10. kort677

kort677 Active Member

#10 kort677, Oct 13, 2017 at 7:56 AM
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 8:10 AM
    I could be wrong but I believe that a new 75d can be had for not too much more
    Order a Model S

or if you could source an inventory car you'd probably be able to get into a newer car for an even better price and you might be able to take advantage of any federal or state incentives on a new purchase that you might not get when purchasing a used car.

11. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

What appears to have happened is that they went from A to B early in 2013 on the 85 kW batteries and then they found some more As and put those in some cars and then back to B when the As were gone, so the only way to tell is to look at the battery label. There were threads on this topic at the time.

• Informative x 1
  12. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

My 2013 with 17,xxx VIN has a "B" battery, and this car is younger, so good chances it is "B" as well (at least when originally sold). However, always good to confirm.

13. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

The odds of this being a A-pack car are next to ZERO.

I have P04xxx and P11xxx and both of them came with B revision packs. This car is substantially newer than either of those.