Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions for owners of first deliveries of refreshed Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Front are above the window buttons and rear is below the seats. Check the manual for specifics.
Appreciate it. This tweet purports that a person was "trapped and could have died" in a Plaid that was on fire.

Of course I know how the internet works and am generally skeptical until a story become more concrete, but still wanted to make sure the manual releases were still there.

1)How are the headlights at night? Do they do a good job illuminating the road for a good amount of distance? (I've read previous Model S headlights have been less than stellar)

2)For those that owned an S previous to the refresh, who do the refresh headlights compare?

Mysteriously lighting one Plaid on fire and hyping it up seems like a great stunt for another vehicle manufacturer who wants to capitalize on FUD and gain marketshare... IE Ford, VW, Lucid, etc...

There wasn’t much hype about the rash of BMW fires:

1)How are the headlights at night? Do they do a good job illuminating the road for a good amount of distance? (I've read previous Model S headlights have been less than stellar)

2)For those that owned an S previous to the refresh, who do the refresh headlights compare?

I have the same question, previous generation Model S headlights were 💩

This post states that the same headlight is used as the previous generation. So, they are still crap. Very disappointing. You would have thought that Tesla would have rolled in what they learned to make such good headlights as are in the Models 3 & Y.

I asked this on delivery thread but this seems like the correct thread for it.

Has anyone been successful with music on a usb stick. If so, I know stick needs to be formatted fat 32. But I have questions. Most of my music is In Folders and subfolders. For instance I have a Beatles folder. Inside is a folder
For each album. If In folder like I have can you see all songs without going into particular folders.
Or
Am I better off just moving all individual songs onto the usb stick with no folders. So far
My car has not
Recognized my usb3.0- 3.1 stick. I ordered a couple that Tesla says they ha e tested and work with the new S.
Also are ther limits or a preferred size for
The usb stick?

I believe the media player does recognize some songs from the stick but there is no usb option when choosing devices. I think a few popped
Up when I selected
Spotify. Weird
Thanks

I asked this on delivery thread but this seems like the correct thread for it.

Has anyone been successful with music on a usb stick. If so, I know stick needs to be formatted fat 32. But I have questions. Most of my music is In Folders and subfolders. For instance I have a Beatles folder. Inside is a folder
For each album. If In folder like I have can you see all songs without going into particular folders.
Or
Am I better off just moving all individual songs onto the usb stick with no folders. So far
My car has not
Recognized my usb3.0- 3.1 stick. I ordered a couple that Tesla says they ha e tested and work with the new S.
Also are ther limits or a preferred size for
The usb stick?

I believe the media player does recognize some songs from the stick but there is no usb option when choosing devices. I think a few popped
Up when I selected
Spotify. Weird
Thanks
Sorta...

I have been using this stick: Amazon.com: SanDisk 64GB Ultra Dual Drive Go USB Type-C Flash Drive, Black - SDDDC3-064G-G46: Computers & Accessories

The car seems to recognize files and folders with no problem, so I don't think that will be an issue. Right now, the issue I am have is the car will not play FLAC files, but it will play MP4--at least the couple that I have load onto the stick.

The same stick plays fine in my wife's X.

Sorta...

I have been using this stick: Amazon.com: SanDisk 64GB Ultra Dual Drive Go USB Type-C Flash Drive, Black - SDDDC3-064G-G46: Computers & Accessories

The car seems to recognize files and folders with no problem, so I don't think that will be an issue. Right now, the issue I am have is the car will not play FLAC files, but it will play MP4--at least the couple that I have load onto the stick.

The same stick plays fine in my wife's X.

Does the usb stick show up under devices similar to phone, Spotify, radio, etc?

Does the usb stick show up under devices similar to phone, Spotify, radio, etc?
Once plugged, it shows up as a source on the sources list, and if I select it, I can browse it.
IMG_1063.jpg
IMG_1062.jpg

Reactions: cwanja