Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions For Uk Model 3 Owners (delivery Complete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cfr. password display on an Apple: only the last digit is shown for some time and all others are replaced by a filled circle.

But for short codes it’s fairly trivial for someone to see which digits you're punching if they are attentive.

I never liked that.. it's a thing that came in with mobile presumably due to the fiddly keyboards they all had back then, but it makes shoulder surfing trivially easy.

I never liked that.. it's a thing that came in with mobile presumably due to the fiddly keyboards they all had back then, but it makes shoulder surfing trivially easy.
Maybe it could be a sequence of preset presses on steering wheel buttons like 1 press left-hand, 2 presses on right, 3 presses on left and 4 presses on right, for example with combinations and more presses at owners choice - then no one would know. £50 from the suggestion box please! ;)

Reactions: MrBadger
Final invoice payment?

If so Tesla require cleared funds before you rock up to collect, so if you don't have that then you need to get to know about it before you set off. There aren't any "Pay with Debit Card when you get there" type options

I’ve paid my final invoice but one of the payments wasn’t registering earlier today in the source page despite sending it Friday so my question related to the ability of the SC staff to verify if payments are present etc. It has since appeared in source.

I’ve paid my final invoice but one of the payments wasn’t registering earlier today in the source page despite sending it Friday so my question related to the ability of the SC staff to verify if payments are present etc. It has since appeared in source.
They seem to be a bit slow adding payments to the source code. Most of my payments have taken 36-48 hours, but nothing seems happen over the weekend, so Friday’s didn’t appear in SC until Monday afternoon.

Reactions: LEE3
How can I confirm if funds are due prior to collection? Via Black Horse but can’t remember the deposit. Only paid the initial £2k so far and the final invoice has £2000 in brackets next to “settlement amount”.
Unsure if that’s what is due or acknowledgment of the initial £2k

Can anyone detail the guidance provided by the delivery team on collection day for any defects / blemishes which you are expected to temporarily ignore and contact the SC at a later date?
I set up the SC appointment while the delivery person was with me, and he suggested I take photos at the time (which will be timestamped to the delivery day and locationstamled to the delivery location).

my question related to the ability of the SC staff to verify if payments are present etc

Staff are available on collection (in my experience), but given that car won't be released if payment is not received that would involve contacting Tesla before collection if you needed to confirm that ... and that sort of (e.g. phone) contact is generally a nightmare.

There is an email address for Delivery issues, but whether that would work for a payment check I'm not sure.

[email protected]

With superchargers are there currently some which will not allow the model 3 to charge? Is that correct?

Yes. Some sites have only a couple of stalls converted, and there very few sites (in UK) that have none at all converted. The Model-3 SatNav will NOT Navigate to a Supercharger with no CCS-converted-stalls :)

Tesla converted "a couple of stalls" on about 90% of sites in EU within 2 months, and converted sites to all-stalls on 50% of sites in the next couple of months ... so it should not be long until pretty much everything is done. All in all pretty impressive ...