Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you believe that the people who are the real "takers" vote for republican candidates? Well, that is an interesting viewpoint.

I don't believe it. I know it to be a fact.

If you need more proof, take a look at the audience at a Trump rally compared to a Clinton rally. Who do you think, on average, are the higher educated, working more, and paying more into the system: the Trump supporters or the Clinton supporters?

Reactions: Red Sage and jgs
The terms of service don't say that either.

Second the mod note came after posts that people complained about, so even if that was in the terms of service, it doesn't apply.

Not true:
Terms of Service

"RULES ENFORCEMENT: You further understand that TMC staff and it's volunteer moderators have the final say when it comes to post removals or edits. We make every effort to reach an understanding when dealing with posts that need to be removed or edited. If you have an issue with a volunteer moderator, or a choice made by them, you are asked to bring it to a site administrators attention to look into and handle. THE SITE ADMINISTRATORS and OWNERS have the final say."

Bolded and underlined for the reading comprehension impaired.

A mod put a rule in place, and then the thread was stickied to this sub-forum for all to see. How much more do you need?

Reactions: Red Sage
I don't believe it. I know it to be a fact.

If you need more proof, take a look at the audience at a Trump rally compared to a Clinton rally. Who do you think, on average, are the higher educated, working more, and paying more into the system: the Trump supporters or the Clinton supporters?

Since we are going to completely derail this thread . . .

Then I must be an outlier. I have two doctorates, have a salary that puts my family well above the 0.1% minimum, and there is still no way in hell I'm voting for Clinton.

Since we are going to completely derail this thread . . .

Then I must be an outlier. I have two doctorates, have a salary that puts my family well above the 0.1% minimum, and there is still no way in hell I'm voting for Clinton.

Yes, sorry for contributing to the derailing it but isn't this subject more interesting?

As to your comment, there are exceptions to every rule, of which you are one of those exceptions, but here are the facts:

Democrats now hold a 12-point lead (52% to 40%) in leaned party identification among those with at least a college degree, up from just a four point gap seen as recently as 2010 (48% to 44%). Much of this advantage has come among adults with post-graduate experience; currently, 56% lean Democratic while just 36% lean Republican. Among those who have received a college degree but have no post-graduate experience, the gap is much narrower: 48% identify as Democrats or lean Democratic, while 43% affiliate with the GOP or lean Republican.

Reactions: jgs

Not arguing, but this should come as no surprise. It is basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Think about it, who is teaching most of the courses at colleges as universities? Liberal-slanted professors. When young adults have more exposure to these individual than conservatives, it should come as no surprise that the outcome is what it is.

Interestingly, the general trend, even among democrats, is that as people get older they become more conservative in their values and voting habits.

Note that I said "conservative", not necessarily "Republican". ;)

Interestingly, the general trend, even among democrats, is that as people get older they become more conservative in their values and voting habits.

That reminds me of this famous quote:

'If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.'

Now the question is, who is more probable to a buy a $42K S40? A Democrat or a Republican?

Good move to try to bring us back on topic...

Not true:
Terms of Service

"RULES ENFORCEMENT: You further understand that TMC staff and it's volunteer moderators have the final say when it comes to post removals or edits. We make every effort to reach an understanding when dealing with posts that need to be removed or edited.

You are funny. This was NOT about a removal or edit.
This was about telling people what is an acceptable post in a for sale thread.
That is NOT in the terms of service as you originally claimed.

Keep trying to move those goals posts. LOL.

You are funny. This was NOT about a removal or edit.
This was about telling people what is an acceptable post in a for sale thread.
That is NOT in the terms of service as you originally claimed.

Keep trying to move those goals posts. LOL.

Truly, a Darwin Award winner here with Drivin.

There is no moving of the goal posts. Precedent has been set, repeatedly, and the TOS give the mods/admins the power to edit/remove posts and well as supplement and refine rules. The mods/admins have stated (see sticky at top of this subforum) what is allowed/not allowed in FS threads. Just because you want it to be so, doesn't mean that is reality. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE RULE, OPEN ANOTHER THREAD TO DISCUSS GETTING THE MODS/ADMINS TO CHANGE THE RULE.

Heck, even the OP himself requested the pricing comments stop:
thanks , please see moderator note above

Mod Note: A number of posts were removed from this thread. For sale threads are not the place for debates about price or discussions about pricing formulas. Please respect the sellers and keep discussion on topic and between interested parties.

thestupiditburns.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: TaoJones
I consider myself a liberal and I spent a lot of time with hippies in the '70's as a kid (including my mother), and at the first Greenpeace office in Kits in Vancouver, where I grew up. I work hard and follow the rules, as do the vast majority of my liberal friends. I also pay far more into the system in taxes than I get back and I don't have a sense of entitlement. It's no surprise to me that the red states are, in fact, the welfare queens. So when you talk about "entitlement society" you need to change your terms of reference from liberal to conservative, since the facts are clear as to who the real "takers" are.

Incorrect ... take a look at the Urban centers in the US for entitlements :cool:
Back on topic... the free market dictates pricing on the Model 40 ... check eBay.

Now the question is, who is more probable to a buy a $42K S40? A Democrat or a Republican?

Well, $42k puts is above the average new car price. Since Democrats have a higher percentage of people in the Third Quintiles of income, and about the same in the Fourth Quintile and close in the highest Quintile, my guess is a Democrat would more probably buy a $42k car.

Section 1: Party Affiliation and Composition

Reactions: jgs
I know why the 2nd amendment was written. There is no vast movement to nullify it. And the Federal government is not trying to turn local police forces into armies of occupation.

You live in California, and you don't think there is a huge push to eliminate militia worthy firearms?

The only thing I think of is that you have not been following the laws enacted in California for the last 40 years.

No crime has ever been documented in CA using a .50 BMG rifle. They are illegal because they are capable of defeating the armor on many APCs. They have never been used for it, so why worry that citizens are able to resist the military or modern State troops?

The exact wording on many laws and mandates restricts "military style" weapons, yet at the same time they say that the 2nd is for allowing a well-armed militia. The government payroll troops are not militia, they are reserves for the federal forces.

But my favorite is California defeating the US Constitution by enacting ex-post-facto laws. You could buy a firearm legally, but be thrown in jail for it later when a new law banned them, even if you didn't know about the new law. Felony. It's not just the 2nd Amendment that pisses off the government, but pretty much most of the Bill of Rights.

But these are just a fraction of the laws on the books now. These laws did not exist when I was 18.

This is not a conspiracy theory. These are documented actions in concert over a historically short interval.

You do know that the government can take your land and give to the wealthy today, right? It's happening all over the US. They took 10 acres from us so they could build $500k houses. They paid us under 10 cents on the dollar. The reasoning? The land was to be used for a park, and that use is worth less per acre. Guess what? They put houses on it. The park was located on another parcel taken from our neighbor. The park is 5 acres, so they acquired 20 acres at a heavy discount. Maybe far more? I only know about a fraction of the massive development now called Eastvale, California.

You only think you have rights today. You have rights only if they do not conflict with those who are wealthier than you.

Energy is the same way. Those who use the least amount of energy are being billed for alternative energy plans so the wealthy can continue to use even more energy, and soak up work-free dollar from investing in subsidized green energy companies.

So please, explain to me why somebody who makes $100k a year pays $15k for a cheap $25k EV, but somebody who makes $20k a year must pay $22,500? Then the upper class whines when income caps are put on it.

Is that how Green Energy is going to be sold? The poor pay more, the rich pay less?

I think you should read hillary's comments on the second amendment. why do local police depts. need heavily armored assault vehicles? I refer you to the quasi martial law that was imposed by an out of control law enforcement community subsequent to the boston marathon fiasco.

I know I shouldn't but I HAVE to respond to this...

Hillary has not now, nor I don't foresee a future time where she will openly advocate for the removal of the 2A. What she does want, and the polling data backs this up, are stricter controls around the sale and availability of firearms.

Secondarily, the militarization of the police is a serious, serious issue and concern for a wide number of people in this country. My local police got an surplus armored personnel carrier... Really??? WTF does my local police need military equipment for?

Lastly, and this part is about me, I used to be a die hard gun nut. I had quite the collection... Now, while I'm still a gun owner, my collection is substantially smaller than it used to be. Why? I just don't see the point anymore. I really don't. I don't buy into the paranoia that the government is out to get my guns. I can defend my home, but beyond that, it's not my responsibility or duty to put myself in harms way on the highly random off chance that I'm going to be in a situation where I wish I had a gun. The statistics just don't back up any of the self defense paranoia... They just don't. Seeing how extreme some of my former gun nut friends have become since President Obama took office, I just can't buy into that much fear and hate. At this point, if it were purely up to me, I'd repeal the 2A and replace it with something far less ambiguous and far more restrictive. I might even go the Australian way... Although that's unlikely as I still feel I have a right to defend my home and my family, but outside of that, call the freaking police... I won't even get started on "stand your ground" laws...

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.