Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the crowning example of this is when we (the US, that is) augered a $125M
[*] orbiter into the surface of Mars because of an Imperial/SI screwup. http://www.wired.com/2010/11/1110mars-climate-observer-report/

[*] Not even counting the opportunity cost of all the science that didn't happen as a result.

Edit: Come to think of it, this little anecdote is also the rejoinder to people who think all space exploration should be done by robots. I'm pretty sure Matt Damon wouldn't have blindly smashed his spaceship into the planet just because some lookup table told him to. ;-)
uf001332.gif

http://www.userfriendly.org/

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, the cells (96 series connected groups of 74 parallel connected cells), are charged via the main power harness they are wired to for also delivering power.

I see.

It is very difficult for me to get in to this site to learn the basic construction of the modules, because god damned Cloudflare is constantly in the way, and I run Tor exclusively. I am about fed up.
http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=eab3798

And no, the answer is not to not use Tor. It is to stop reading here.

Last edited:
I see.

It is very difficult for me to get in to this site to learn the basic construction of the modules, because god damned Cloudflare is constantly in the way, and I run Tor exclusively. I am about fed up.

Tor... you mean the "secure" routing mecahnism that has it's roots in the US military? :wink:

Last edited:
lol. Tor. Browsing TMC via Tor seems like a waste.
If you only use Tor for dicey things, no wonder they would want to watch you. You stick out like a sore thumb. But the actual fact is that most Tor traffic is relatively innocuous.

It is clear that people here are not familiar with Tor. While it is not possible to prove a negative, I can say that when Silk Road's I and II were busted, none of those dealing heroin and automatic weapons were busted. Why, because law enforcement is lazy? No, because Tor is secure and the smallest bit if research will show that those handful who were identified used poor opsec or were turned in by peers.

It is lazy and sloppy to say 'It's all hopeless, so I won't even try', like all of you do. I use Tor for everything: web, mail, IRC, etc, not because I'm a drug or weapons dealer, but for political reasons. (Hint: There are many more reasons for using Tor than you can imagine) Then again also, I am fortunate to be one of those able to figure out how to use it.

IOW, IDC if you do or do not use it. My question to you here though is, why can't you just have a little respect for others' choices? In judging others so, it may actually be you who is stupid with respect to a subject. Is it that you want to make that fact clear to everyone?

I have alot that I could offer this forum, but I only do so voluntarily and in a safe environment. It is ignorant behavior like the above (and even from you wk057, which is very disappointing) that chases off the very best talent and leaves forums that bit more impoverished and shrill.

lol. Tor. Browsing TMC via Tor seems like a waste.
If you only use Tor for dicey things, no wonder they would want to watch you. You stick out like a sore thumb. But the actual fact is that most Tor traffic is relatively innocuous.

It is clear that people here are not familiar with Tor. While it is not possible to prove a negative, I can say that when Silk Road's I and II were busted, none of those dealing heroin and automatic weapons were busted. Why, because law enforcement is lazy? No, because Tor is secure and the smallest bit if research will show that those handful who were identified used poor opsec or were turned in by peers.

It is lazy and sloppy to say 'It's all hopeless, so I won't even try', like all of you do. I use Tor for everything: web, mail, IRC, etc, not because I'm a drug or weapons dealer, but for political reasons. (Hint: There are many more reasons for using Tor than you can imagine) Then again also, I am fortunate to be one of those able to figure out how to use it.

IOW, IDC if you do or do not use it. My question to you here though is, why can't you just have a little respect for others' choices? In judging others so, it may actually be you who is stupid with respect to a subject. Is it that you want to make that fact clear to everyone?

I have alot that I could offer this forum, but I only do so voluntarily and in a safe environment. It is ignorant behavior like the above (and even from you wk057, which is very disappointing) that chases off the very best talent and leaves forums that bit more impoverished and shrill.

I see.

You apparently greatly value "securing" your browsing, but you curse when TMC takes measures to ensure its security?

Larry

Edward Snowden Explains How To Reclaim Your Privacy
Snowden: I think Tor is the most important privacy-enhancing technology project being used today. I use Tor personally all the time. We know it works from at least one anecdotal case that’s fairly familiar to most people at this point. That’s not to say that Tor is bulletproof. What Tor does is it provides a measure of security and allows you to disassociate your physical location. …

Yes, I am all too familiar with being in that boat. My advice: consider being first in line to sign up for any performance-related upgrades that might be announced for the P90DL in the future. (To be clear, I am NOT aware of any such upgrades. Just sayin' that I'm really, really happy that I blindly dove in head first on Ludicrous).

Again thank you for sharing your honest perceptions and excitement of the upgrade ..... refreshing ... just fairly simple metrics and gut level associations .... they are still valuable to many in life ..... but I fear this thread will shortly be taken over by the thinnicks ..... and self proclaimed experts ... so enjoy your upgrade .... I know you will as will I ... :) Isn't it a little funny how we are still associating how we measure power by the horse ...... anyone know a good blacksmith ...... just saying .....

Wikipedia: Units called "horsepower" have differing definitions:

• The mechanical horsepower, also known as imperial horsepower, of exactly 550 foot-pounds per second is approximately equivalent to 745.7 watts.
  • The metric horsepower of 75 kgf-m per second is approximately equivalent to 735.5 watts or 98.6% of an imperial mechanical horsepower.
    • The Pferdestärke PS (German translation of horsepower) is a name for a group of similar power measurements used in Germany around the end of the 19th century, all of about one metric horsepower in size.[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP]
  • The boiler horsepower is used for rating steam boilers and is equivalent to 34.5 pounds (about 15.6 kg) of water evaporated per hour at 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 degrees Celsius), or 9809.5 watts.
  • One horsepower for rating electric motors is equal to 746 watts.
  • Continental European electric motors used to have dual ratings, using a conversion rate of 0.735 kW for 1 hp
  • British Royal Automobile Club (RAC) horsepower is one of the tax horsepower systems adopted around Europe which make an estimate based on several engine dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.