Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have worded better. I actually like FG very much. There is about one in each major city in NC. Smashburger I've never eaten at, but hear good things. In Florida, there are plenty of FGs. No need to travel far to get to them where I visit vs. only the one in Charlotte.

Five Guys is great and their "peanut oil fries" are about as good as it gets but they're still my #2 for burgers after In-n-Out.

While I agree with you that some of the hatred shown today was surprising (it's not like a football team where we have to cheer for one team, dammit!), GM was definitely trolling Tesla by arranging for a photo at that intersection. No doubt about it. And you're right, it shows their level of insecurity. Or maybe just immaturity of the people involved.

(off-topic)
Let's not talk about football teams today. Instead, let's talk about selfish money-grubbing and a lack of recognition and respect for those who got you there. Just sayin'.
(/off-topic)

(Probably suitable for a move to the random chit-chat thread... but 'football' is a trigger word for me today.)

How does a Tesla get the attention of the Ladies?

I know the S & X themselves are fairly impressive on their own and I get more looks from women than men. But how do you get the ladies attention when you want to show off and get that testosterone fix like a gear head?

You can’t rev the engine
You can do a quick loud start with squealing tires

The car is always quiet. A fast launch, from the outside, is not that impressive. And that is if they are even looking. The car is so quiet a quick launch makes no noise.

Do we get out and show the trunks?
Do we try and use summons?

But you can’t really do any of those at a red light or on the road when the gear head in you really want to show off.

Some of you guys are missing the point of this thread. It's meant to be fun. I'm married as well with 2 kids. All the time when I'm on the road I encounter grown men in mustangs, camaros, or vetted trying to show off on the road. So it got me thinking; how would you do that in a Tesla?

Some of you guys are missing the point of this thread. It's meant to be fun.

Wrong crowd dude - there is some humor simply lost on many members of this forum. In all seriousness if you want attention from ladies - a long time ago in a different life I owned a luxury and exotic car rental company. I was under 30 at the time, and had incidents occur such as a woman pull up to me at a gas station when I was refilling a Lamborghini and offer to have sex with my car. When I politely declined and laughed nervously she offered to have sex with me. When I told her I was flattered but my girlfriend wouldn't approve she tried to get my number before driving off.

My middle aged, quite unattractive delivery driver was bringing a Gallardo back to L.A. from Las Vegas one time when a car full of women in their 20's pulled alongside him on I-15. Two female passengers flashed him their bare breasts before pulling away.

I had men more than once walk out in front of the car while at drive thrus and literally bow down in front of it as some kind of gesture to how cool they thought it was.

I'm much older now and those times are just memories - but my point is this - the Tesla is absolutely the wrong car for attention from the ladies. I have never gotten a second look in a Tesla except for some 40'something white male engineer dork at a supercharger wanting to talk cars.

I have owned a wide variety of exotic and performance cars and I find that almost universally they appear much more to young men than to women. Unless young men are your target audience for romantic interludes, you are probably better off with an alternate method of attraction. There is a certain type who are attracted by evidence of your income as exhibited by owning an exotic car, but there are probably an equal number who are repulsed.

Although I did have a woman tell me the other day when giving her a ride to experience the ludicrous speed add-on that launches were better than sex. I suspect she is doing it wrong.

Some of you guys are missing the point of this thread. It's meant to be fun. I'm married as well with 2 kids. All the time when I'm on the road I encounter grown men in mustangs, camaros, or vetted trying to show off on the road. So it got me thinking; how would you do that in a Tesla?

Wrong crowd dude - there is some humor simply lost on many members of this forum. In all seriousness if you want attention from ladies - a long time ago in a different life I owned a luxury and exotic car rental company. I was under 30 at the time, and had incidents occur such as a woman pull up to me at a gas station when I was refilling a Lamborghini and offer to have sex with my car. When I politely declined and laughed nervously she offered to have sex with me. When I told her I was flattered but my girlfriend wouldn't approve she tried to get my number before driving off.

My middle aged, quite unattractive delivery driver was bringing a Gallardo back to L.A. from Las Vegas one time when a car full of women in their 20's pulled alongside him on I-15. Two female passengers flashed him their bare breasts before pulling away.

I had men more than once walk out in front of the car while at drive thrus and literally bow down in front of it as some kind of gesture to how cool they thought it was.

I'm much older now and those times are just memories - but my point is this - the Tesla is absolutely the wrong car for attention from the ladies. I have never gotten a second look in a Tesla except for some 40'something white male engineer dork at a supercharger wanting to talk cars.

In the spirit of what you apparently originally intended :confused:...

You have the wrong Tesla. Get a Roadster. Really.
Not that I use it for that purpose (as I look over my shoulder at my beautiful wife shaking her head at me and smiling :tongue:).

Status
Not open for further replies.