Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended today. 3-4 month wait - parts not available.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone,

I was rear ended today. One lady not paying attention causing tremendous grief and sadness.

Car is inoperable. ( It said it on the screen ).

It was towed to a Tesla suggest repair place. Got there and there were many Tesla's there.

Body shop was top of the line, however they told me that many Tesla's there were on their 3rd to 4th month of sitting there because there are so few Tesla parts available.

I absolutely LOVE Tesla, but I can't recommend them in my current state.

I reached out to Tesla and was told by the rep. AND I QUOTE. " We have no customer facing team at the moment that can give you any information on the availability of parts".

That was it.

….Oh well. I suppose I just have to keep paying my car note.

Everyone,

I was rear ended today. One lady not paying attention causing tremendous grief and sadness.

It was towed to a Tesla suggest repair place. Got there and there were many Tesla's there.

Body shop was top of the line, however they told me that many Tesla's there were on their 3rd to 4th month of sitting there because there are so few Tesla parts available.

I reached out to Tesla and was told by the rep. AND I QUOTE. " We have no customer facing team at the moment that can give you any information on the availability of parts".

That was it.

Ugh, that sucks. So sorry to hear. I was rear ended today as well. Luckily I was driving a rental car. ;)

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: neroden and KenC
Everyone,

That was it.

Happened to me two weeks ago. I was rear-ended at a stop sign by a guy not paying attention. He hit my driver's side corner so the quarter panel was also damaged. $9k estimate. It's been two weeks and the body shop has already received more than half the parts. They are hoping the rest will be here within the week. They also said delivery of Tesla parts has gotten a lot better over the last few month. I wouldn't throw in the towel yet.

Everyone,

That was it.

So sorry to hear. We've had some discourse in the past and as soon as I saw your name on the thread, knew a good fan was getting burned. Best of luck on the process!

Happened to me two weeks ago. I was rear-ended at a stop sign by a guy not paying attention. He hit my driver's side corner so the quarter panel was also damaged. $9k estimate. It's been two weeks and the body shop has already received more than half the parts. They are hoping the rest will be here within the week. They also said delivery of Tesla parts has gotten a lot better over the last few month. I wouldn't throw in the towel yet.

Thanks. That's encouraging.

Not that this is gonna make you feel better. Nobody would be happy about the wait but what would bother me more is who is gonna maintain the battery for the next 3-4 months? Is it baking out in the sun or inside? If it is outside you might want to get a sun shade (or two) for it. If your phone is still connected I'd monitor the battery (but don't poke it to often).

• Helpful
Reactions: duanra
Not that this is gonna make you feel better. Nobody would be happy about the wait but would bother me more is who is gonna maintain the battery for the next 3-4 months? Is it baking out in the sun or inside? If it is outside you might want to get a sun shade (or two) for it. If you phone is still connected I'd monitor the battery.

Hmmm....yet another thing to worry about.

Hopefully it will go to sleep and not discharge until I can get it charged somehow. Maybe I can ask the shop to plug it into a 110 outlet for a day or 2.

Reactions: neroden
Hmmm....yet another thing to worry about.

Hopefully it will go to sleep and not discharge until I can get it charged somehow. Maybe I can ask the shop to plug it into a 110 outlet for a day or 2.

There might be a way that shops know how to do a full disconnect. Because if they have all those cars they must know how to manage it. Maybe they do watch the batteries. Kind of a new world. Your phone won't talk of course if they do a full disconnect. But if the battery has zero work it should hold for a very long time. But if it's doing it's normal duties it could lose 2-4 miles a day. You need to think about cabin cool option too, which will drain battery quicker if outdoors in the sun.

There might be a way that shops know how to do a full disconnect. Because if they have all those cars they must know how to manage it. Maybe they do watch the batteries. Kind of a new world. Your phone won't talk of course if they do a full disconnect. But if the battery has zero work it should hold for a very long time. But if it's doing it's normal duties it could lose 2-4 miles a day. You need to think about cabin cool option too, which will drain battery quicker if outdoors in the sun.

Yeah.. I'm going to have to go back over there and make sure everything is turned off.

I hate to even look at it in that condition, but I'm going to have to.

Reactions: Tron 3
Everyone,

That was it.

That truly sucks butt. I fear that so much.

I toured the plant a few weeks they a pumping out those parts but clearly not fast enough to meet production and stock demands.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Oh no Garlan. So sorry to hear that. I got reared ended a few years ago in a car we had had without any damage ever on it. Emotionally hurt and killed me to think about it and like you it was an inattentive driver’s fault which would have been totally preventable if they were paying attention. I’d feel like crying if anyone hit my Model 3, and yours is only a month older than mine. Feel for you. I remember seeing your posts while you were waiting like me to get our cars.

Did you take any photos? Even though you got it towed to this shop I’d probably call around to any other recommended shops in your area to see if they are in a better position to get you in sooner. Might be worth the tow there. Wonder if AAA auto membership would cover something like that. Let us know how it goes and how bad the estimate is. Has the other person’s insurance accept responsibility yet?

Mine was in the shop for almost three weeks getting some paint/dent work done. They maintained the battery actually, they had about 5 or 6 Tesla's in the lot and I saw two plugged in. Sorry about this happening to you and good luck!