Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received $3750 rebate a few days ago and now it's $7500. Any recourse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They won't make it retroactive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221222-104041.png
    Screenshot_20221222-104041.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
P.S. There's lots of complaining online, customer service was nasty and said "you didn't buy a shirt" and hung up on me. Not good for the brand. And yes, you are all correct, there is no going back.
Buy a shirt? lol what does that mean?
Step 1.) build time machine
Step 2.) go back in time and delay delivery
Step 3.) profit
If I had a time machine, the last thing that I would be doing is worry about delaying my delivery, lol

• Funny
Reactions: VegasMYP
Upvote 0
Buy a shirt? lol what does that mean?

If I had a time machine, the last thing that I would be doing is worry about delaying my delivery, lol
I think what they’re saying is you bought a car and signed a contract for the price. It’s not like buying a shirt where you can return it later if the price changes or you don’t like it.

Upvote 0
He might have just been short tempered from taking 50 previous phone calls, each one demanding the same thing. Sales/Delivery team does not make the policy, they only carry out their marching orders.

In the past, all sorts of things have happened. Some have even gotten checks in the mail, after a policy was implemented, but the Sales people have no control over issues like this.

Every customer wants the best deal of all time for them, but that is often not how it works out for everyone.

I believe the "Demand" theory is incorrect here. Lots of people still want to own Teslas, but many customers continously want to keep putting off taking deliveries untill some future event. Tesla wants to get every single produced car delivered before the EOY. This is how they book the revenue. This is also how they firm up stock prices, as everyone will be looking at profitability for 2022. They have their internal reasons to get these cars out the door, and Demand is not the only reason. If Tesla wants to increase demand, they can roll out distribution to other countries (Like Turkey) who have tremendous pent up demand for these cars. As more factories open up around the World, additonal countries will be tagged for Supercharger roll outs and distribution centers.

Reactions: Jedisparky
Upvote 0