Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent CPO price increases

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone notice a high number of CPO's had price increases last night? Some were only $500, others were several thousand... what's odd is that these price changes hit several of the cars they made available over the past two days.

I've only been following this closely for a few days; so wondering if this is common for the pricing to keep adjusting...

This is the first time I've noticed (July 01, 2017) that multiple listed CPO's increased from a prior listed price; some as much as $2,000.
Have seen prior where they would decrease if they continued to sit unsold.
Anyone else notice or have thoughts as to what would cause a price increase on CPO's which in some cases had only been listed for 2-3 days?

Did anyone notice a high number of CPO's had price increases last night? Some were only $500, others were several thousand... what's odd is that these price changes hit several of the cars they made available over the past two days.

I've only been following this closely for a few days; so wondering if this is common for the pricing to keep adjusting...

I just saw your post. I just posted, 'CPO price increases?'. Yea, had not seen that happen before. Curious as to the cause.

Tesla CPO prices are likely artificially high to begin with. There is no downward pressure from independent franchise dealers looking to move stagnant inventory. The fox is literally guarding the henhouse with Tesla's CPO offerings

Reactions: HankLloydRight
They call them used cars now because I think they realized CPO was a bit of a stretch.
There's a big difference between used and CPO for any car though. CPO comes with made almost new service behind it and a warranty often longer than most ICE new car warranties. Used car is just, well used, no inspections just a quick clean and on the lot it goes.

Something else strange... this weekend, almost 300 cpo's vanished off the site (at least according to the good people at ev-cpo). We were at just over 800 cpo's here in the states, now its just over 500. Happened at the same time as the price increases.

This is the first time I've noticed (July 01, 2017) that multiple listed CPO's increased from a prior listed price; some as much as $2,000.
Have seen prior where they would decrease if they continued to sit unsold.
Anyone else notice or have thoughts as to what would cause a price increase on CPO's which in some cases had only been listed for 2-3 days?
Responding to you since you responded to mine :) Even some of the cars released on 7/1 received price increases later that day!

Something else strange... this weekend, almost 300 cpo's vanished off the site (at least according to the good people at ev-cpo). We were at just over 800 cpo's here in the states, now its just over 500. Happened at the same time as the price increases.
yes. i was tracking 59 CPO MX P90D on Friday and on Saturday morning there were only 34.

I only see the prices falling for CPO. Now that they have increased the performance of the new S75, the 0-60mph time is essentially the same as the P85s from 2013-2014, AND it comes with AP 2.0. Compared to the P85Ds with AP 1, the new S75s have a newer AP offering and negligible performance difference for less The cost (~$72,000 for new S75 vs ~75-80,000 for a 2014-15 P85D).

I'm in the market for a used CPO model S, but when I saw the performance difference it is really making me consider buying new.