Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bad news, my own fault, we rejected delivery yesterday at my pickup store.
The MYP was exceptional except for one item, the tires were the P0s.

Every MYLR and MYP that we looked at or test drove had the AS tires.
All the SAs that we spoke with directly went out of their way to inform us that ALL MYLR and MYP now ship with the AS tires. SAs at two different stores told us the same info on the AS tires.
I neglected to "check my VIN" ( NF377 ) to confirm the build as I was not concerned with the CPU.

So if there is a component that you must have in your build, call and check check check your build details!

The silver lining of this dark cloud is that the on site SA found us another identical build with AS tires that we can pick up in 2 weeks ( VIN NF374 ) , all of our documentation was updated in less than 15 minutes to reflect the change. Hopefully it will have a build quality as good as the rejected MYP.

Living in south central PA, a large part of our decision to go with a MYP over a MYLR was the fact that we were told that all MYPs now have AS tires. Having to replace the P0s right off the lot was a no go for us.
Spend ~50k on a car that has a good build because you don't want to invest in a good set of winter tires that would no more than ~2k. Congrats to whoever gets it, just buy a set of winters and keep it moving.

I picked up my MYP this week and I must say the panel gap situation is overblown possibly?
I came prepared with a list of all the panel gaps to measure and everything looked good - possibly better than my previous cars (luxury German, Japanese, Swedish brands).

Nothing looked off on the interior either. I felt like my past 2 Mercedes (purchased 5 years apart) had worse panel gaps and worse interior fit and finish.
One thing I'll give the Germans is the door slam noise. Audis, Mercedes, always have a vault like feeling when you close the door. Tesla doesn't have that but maybe it's the frameless windows on the doors?

Reactions: preilly44
I picked up my MYP this week and I must say the panel gap situation is overblown possibly?
I came prepared with a list of all the panel gaps to measure and everything looked good - possibly better than my previous cars (luxury German, Japanese, Swedish brands).

Nothing looked off on the interior either. I felt like my past 2 Mercedes (purchased 5 years apart) had worse panel gaps and worse interior fit and finish.
One thing I'll give the Germans is the door slam noise. Audis, Mercedes, always have a vault like feeling when you close the door. Tesla doesn't have that but maybe it's the frameless windows on the doors?
Build quality of the car I test drove was very good. The one thing I had an issue with was the doors. Both doors on 2 of the cars we looked at would not close properly. They required me to slam the doors... This was the one thing I disliked about the m3 (design) but I never noticed a closing issue till I tried the MY. Sort of sad a new iteration of the car has more issues then an older car. How is this going to be used for a robo taxi fleet if opening and closing doors is an issue.

I'll let you run with that one. (I totally said I care about that) .... some of us are tired of waiting lol. I'd take my car with whatever tires come on it 🤣
That doesn’t work for everyone. If I took delivery today, there’s no way it would be safe for me to drive off the lot on summer tires. And due to supply chain issues replacement A/S tires are not readily available in the correct sizes in my area right now (and even if they were, summer tires have so little value to me that the extra cost of buying a new set would be a complete waste of money). So I’m unfortunately in the same situation. If mine comes with summer tires, I’m releasing my VIN.

That doesn’t work for everyone. If I took delivery today, there’s no way it would be safe for me to drive off the lot on summer tires. And due to supply chain issues replacement A/S tires are not readily available in the correct sizes in my area right now (and even if they were, summer tires have so little value to me that the extra cost of buying a new set would be a complete waste of money). So I’m unfortunately in the same situation. If mine comes with summer tires, I’m releasing my VIN.
Doesn't make sense they don't make it mandatory to give yall A/S to begin with. You SHOULDN'T have to deal with that. To be honest with Texas getting all 4 seasons lately we can't take summer tires.

1645802821692.png
I think I'm the first Austin order in the wild. 3-18 to 4-11