Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mid august = less than 3 months. Every car I've custom ordered (which is pretty much every Tesla order for everyone else who doesn't buy from inventory) has been just about a 3 month wait. And we're in the midst of an unprecedented chip shortage. I know the wait sucks, I've experienced it multiple times (see my post just 3 above), but you'll get your car, your day will come. You ordered their multi-coat red, I suspect they produce these cars in color batches. They may be backlogged for red cars. People who ordered white, grey, silver, you know, the boring colors, well they are getting theirs, or more consistently posting about it, more frequently so it seems like you are being put at the back of the line but really you ordered the expensive paint with the more rare (but correct) white interior. that's probably why it's taking so long for you. It'll come soon though!
I appreciate you sharing perspective but your explanation is not an apples to apples comparison and candidly, it's not helpful. I've also ordered several vehicles in the past, including a Tesla, and some of these wait times people are experiencing now are ridiculous. Some folks are getting their vehicles in record time (weeks from order date) and others are waiting for months and counting. The methodology Tesla uses to assign VINs is unclear and people are legitimately upset about it. This is not remotely similar to the examples you provided for the Subaru, BMW or Volvo vehicles you've purchased in the past.

Reactions: ltsr
Damn - After I passed it up, the old VIN came back again last week, so had to put my account on hold again... can't believe that Tesla doesn't have a way to block that VIN from my account, but I found out today that the old VIN is actually sold so I re-activated my account... and now the date is pushed out to Jan/Feb. Grim! Looks like I'll be walking in the snow this winter!
I was on hold due to that same reason, took it off yesterday and for now it says TBD for EDD...

Reactions: Montucky
I am also waiting for an X. Ordered a MYP a couple of months ago as a backup. EDD now 11/8-21. I will take the X when it finally comes but I have no confidence that will be any time soon so I will take the MYP and sell it once I get the X. So frustrating the lack of communication on the X.
Exactly the same for me, but I also was disappointed about the EPA range estimates so cancelled my X order. Will drive the Y for a while and relook at X in a couple years.

I ordered 3 NOV and initial EDD was 19 JAN - 12 FEB. This am jumped to 17-31 DEC. Was expecting a lot of sudden forward movement as we got closer with people waiting for EV tax credit deferring and the EOQ push but this is much more sudden than expected.

mid august = less than 3 months. Every car I've custom ordered (which is pretty much every Tesla order for everyone else who doesn't buy from inventory) has been just about a 3 month wait. And we're in the midst of an unprecedented chip shortage. I know the wait sucks, I've experienced it multiple times (see my post just 3 above), but you'll get your car, your day will come. You ordered their multi-coat red, I suspect they produce these cars in color batches. They may be backlogged for red cars. People who ordered white, grey, silver, you know, the boring colors, well they are getting theirs, or more consistently posting about it, more frequently so it seems like you are being put at the back of the line but really you ordered the expensive paint with the more rare (but correct) white interior. that's probably why it's taking so long for you. It'll come soon though!
You're probably right. I think the biggest thing that is bothering most of us is that we paid "the performance tax" to get our cars faster. When I ordered, it was 4 to 6 weeks EDD for MYP vs November/December for LR. I'm still excited about the car, Tesla just missed the mark setting my expectations.

You're probably right. I think the biggest thing that is bothering most of us is that we paid "the performance tax" to get our cars faster. When I ordered, it was 4 to 6 weeks EDD for MYP vs November/December for LR. I'm still excited about the car, Tesla just missed the mark setting my expectations.
Having ordered later, it’s interesting the delta between MYP and a LR with upgraded wheels was only 3k. I wanted a little more range but couldnt handle the wait time of an LR so “went” with a MYP.

So glad I went MYP though. My SA said MYPs have consistently been getting delivered quickly where I live, wonder if some of these delays are location dependent.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I am very excited about the MYP and cannot wait. That being said the Rivian R1S looks pretty amazing guys. 0-60 in 3.0s, massive, tons of luxurious and also adventurous/lifestyle features… and $10k extra goes 315 to 400mi range which is worth it to some, especially considering it can transport 7 actual adults. Not trying to derail and I do think it is too early for the Rivian for several reasons (service needs to be proven as do delivery times and durability, to name a few) but it looks so awesome. Why buy a $90k Tahoe when you can buy an $80k similarly equipped EV? I believe the Model X sales will drop once Rivian is producing near capacity. They do remote service like Tesla, actually they obviously took many ideas from Tesla directly. Anyway, good to see competition as that will make everyone better.

I am very excited about the MYP and cannot wait. That being said the Rivian R1S looks pretty amazing guys. 0-60 in 3.0s, massive, tons of luxurious and also adventurous/lifestyle features… and $10k extra goes 315 to 400mi range which is worth it to some, especially considering it can transport 7 actual adults. Not trying to derail and I do think it is too early for the Rivian for several reasons (service needs to be proven as do delivery times and durability, to name a few) but it looks so awesome. Why buy a $90k Tahoe when you can buy an $80k similarly equipped EV? I believe the Model X sales will drop once Rivian is producing near capacity. They do remote service like Tesla, actually they obviously took many ideas from Tesla directly. Anyway, good to see competition as that will make everyone better.
Right that’s why I have ordered one. I also have an order on IX. Tempted to do so on Hummer EV as well lol

• Love

Size. I don’t think people realize how much larger a Tahoe is than a R1S/T. You want to compare a Land Rover Range Rover that might be a closer comparison. Or if you really want size compare the Honda Pilot/Ridgeline which are the closest thing out there.

But so far they’ve over promised and underdellvered. And they haven’t hit what Elon has proven to be the hardest. You can’t live on $70-80K vehicles and compete mainstream. So coming up with a mass market, high volume production product with enough support is the challenge Rivian and Polestar and all these guys face. And they are doing it with more headwinds than Tesla. Good luck…. But realistically if you order a Rivian today you’ll be lucky to get it late 2023 and likely it’ll be 2024.

Reactions: mrmtb and Jbapckfan
Size. I don’t think people realize how much larger a Tahoe is than a R1S/T. You want to compare a Land Rover Range Rover that might be a closer comparison. Or if you really want size compare the Honda Pilot/Ridgeline which are the closest thing out there.

But so far they’ve over promised and underdellvered. And they haven’t hit what Elon has proven to be the hardest. You can’t live on $70-80K vehicles and compete mainstream. So coming up with a mass market, high volume production product with enough support is the challenge Rivian and Polestar and all these guys face. And they are doing it with more headwinds than Tesla. Good luck…. But realistically if you order a Rivian today you’ll be lucky to get it late 2023 and likely it’ll be 2024.
Yeah it may take forever for that to deliver. So basically I lended bezos $300 interest free indefinitely. Damn

• Funny
Yeah their focus is on Amazon van fulfillment so it’s gonna be awhile. I believe it’s the largest SUV EV right now. The larger they make them the more room for batteries. Yes, they have to prove themselves, so many unknowns. When I said Tahoe I meant a legit 7 seat 3-row SUV. We have a VW Atlas, the R1S is similar size to that.

If the Rivian had been first to market and then the Model X came along, at current pricing, very few would buy the X.

I do not have a Rivian reserved. I just like what it purports to offer and would consider it in 2023+