Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red light detection, stop sign detection, stopping!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So NoA must only be using the ADAS tiles, for knowledge of all the lanes, and getting in the right lane, taking interchanges and all that, is it using Lane Data from Adas Tiles?
no individual lane information in adas tiles (v1 maps), that comes from the teslamaps I believe (And is wrong often enough to be annoying).

When in CA, say where there is v2/v3 maps? do you know if NoA is using these maps to enhance lateral/longitudinal control of AP?
I am not in CA, so I have no visibility into it.

Read your post, and the "S" received a download this morning 2019.8.3 with the stop sign update, so went out and tried it and blew through several stop signs and red lights. After reading again the release notes again it says "MAY" as in "May Not" in my case.

The release notes also say that the car will not stop for the red light or stop sign. It will just warn in some cases if you will blow through them.

Reactions: JeffnReno
I’ve gotten the red light warning in the IC a few times.

Never seen a stop sign warning. ~5 years after Elon said we’d have that.

Very disappointing.

AP1’s camera easily recognized and reacted to actual speed limit signs. AP2 can’t even do that and instead relies upon a broken database for that information.

AP2 does recognize cyclists finally. Still can’t differentiate between a lifted pickup and a semi at least in terms of what it displays in the IC.

No relief in sight until the FSD board retrofit and supposed firmware which is a year away. That will be entering the 4th year of ownership for a car that has less capability (see speed limit signs) than the one I owned before it.

Fool me once...

May be I'm confused what the car is supposed to do - after seeing verygreen's video.
- Show traffic light visualization <- this is the part I've never seen
- Warn if we don't stop at red traffic light when on AP <- I've never tried this

The traffic light visualization is not enabled for the public. That was something that very green enabled with a hack.

All we get is the warning when we are almost about to blow through a red light. It triggers pretty late sp you probably won't see it unless you actual run the red light basically.

The traffic light visualization is not enabled for the public. That was something that very green enabled with a hack.

All we get is the warning when we are almost about to blow through a red light. It triggers pretty late sp you probably won't see it unless you actual run the red light basically.
So, currently not a useable safety feature.

With both traffic light & stop sign, what would make sense is for the car to warn well in advance, so we can actually stop.

Considering how much time they are apparently spending on stop signs and traffic light, training NN, safe to say the dev NN is different from what we have.

Reactions: diplomat33
To be clear- this thread started because someone with root had discovered they can enable stop sign and stop light detection (and they display in the instrument cluster). This is not something that is in a public release yet. For a while these also stopped the car when enabled. I hear it doesn't work anymore.

It is also different than the recently introduced "You're going to run a red light" warning.

Reactions: croman