Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I got 1 referral on the prior period 12/12 and then 2 during the last one (12/31 and 2/5), does that count for 3 and I can get the wheels?

Before they changed the look on the AP, I had 2 solid greens and 1 partial for 3rd since it said ordered. Then said next want 4th reward which is early upgrades. Thanks in advance. I sent them an email but they take some time to answer

Sorry if this has been already covered, but the image of the forged wheels remind me of the Roadster wheels...perhaps this is what they will look like?

download.png

Capture.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I would absolutely love if they were the wheels like in the above Roadster photo. I really love that sort of thick 'antler' spoke design. Since they are calling these performance wheels, I am really curious what the weight will be as I'm assuming they will be lower than stock.

I would absolutely love if they were the wheels like in the above Roadster photo. I really love that sort of thick 'antler' spoke design. Since they are calling these performance wheels, I am really curious what the weight will be as I'm assuming they will be lower than stock.

They said forged, so I absolutely believe they will be lower than the stock "flow formed" wheels.

Reactions: MagnusMako
What does that mean? Are you able to get them without 3 referrals?

No, I have 5+ referrals, but I got them before the 12/24 start date (but never redeemed the 3rd award). My app only shows Test Drive a Tesla for a week with no option to select the forged wheels. My 3rd (12/20) and 4th (12/23) were literally less than a week from the cut off so I was quite upset when I couldn't select the forged wheels.

No, I have 5+ referrals, but I got them before the 12/24 start date (but never redeemed the 3rd award). My app only shows Test Drive a Tesla for a week with no option to select the forged wheels. My 3rd (12/20) and 4th (12/23) were literally less than a week from the cut off so I was quite upset when I couldn't select the forged wheels.

Are they allowing you to select the wheels even though you didn't achieve the 3 referrals after the 12/24 start date of the new program?

They have me on the fulfillment list for the Model 3 Forged wheels....so...yes. I had to complain through multiple emails though. They said it won't show up on the app though.

Interesting. I've asked nicely, and after a couple of emails I turned it into a complaint. Still I get the generic response of test drive, or model S/X wheels if you own either of those.

I’m curious when should I receive an email bout the wheels. I just checked my loot box and it seems that my HPWC has finally locked my address in but For the wheels I can still put what service center to get it installed. I’m just anxious to get it ordered before April haha

Attachments

• F7A0EADE-BB0B-46D3-BA16-315B9230C8BE.jpeg
    F7A0EADE-BB0B-46D3-BA16-315B9230C8BE.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 73
If I got 1 referral on the prior period 12/12 and then 2 during the last one (12/31 and 2/5), does that count for 3 and I can get the wheels?

Before they changed the look on the AP, I had 2 solid greens and 1 partial for 3rd since it said ordered. Then said next want 4th reward which is early upgrades. Thanks in advance. I sent them an email but they take some time to answer
The option should show in your loot box once the order has been placed. Once delivery has been taken then you’ll be good to go!

Anyone know what happens if you refer someone and they don't take delivery by the end of this month? Do you lose the reward?

My 3rd referral is from the Netherlands and they are slated to start deliveries there inin ear March. Forged wheels on the line...

I just checked the loot box today and looks like tesla has changed redemption date from April to end of Feb.

Anyone know what happens if you refer someone and they don't take delivery by the end of this month? Do you lose the reward?

My 3rd referral is from the Netherlands and they are slated to start deliveries there inin ear March. Forged wheels on the line...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190213-193929.png
    Screenshot_20190213-193929.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 65
Anyone managed to get any other details on these, such as color or size? I'm assuming 20", but only because that's the wheel size on the Performance model.

I really, really hope they aren't painted black.
I don't think there's any information on these yet.
I picked the wheels over the 1 week loan, but still would be nice to actually see what it looks like before we have to make a choice.

What color do you want them to be?

I would be jealous even more if they are 19". I don't think I want to deal with 20" on the Bay Area roads.

Silver or gray - something where you can actually see the wheel's design.

Not too terribly concerned about 20s. I've been driving without much worry on 19s (with even less sidewall than I have now) in a number of cars for a while and it's never been an issue.