Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have received an email mentions about 1099

"In advance of your service appointment, please complete a W-9 form via the secure link below so we can send you your 1099 tax form at the end of the year."

Does this mean we will be taxed for the official price $5500 or whatever it is?

yes, as with any winnings over $600, you're responsible for the taxes. You won't pay state sales tax. You just have to report it on your taxes when you file to pay any federal tax responsibilities.

yes, as with any winnings over $600, you're responsible for the taxes. You won't pay state sales tax. You just have to report it on your taxes when you file to pay any federal tax responsibilities.

Thanks Sam. If the federal tax rate is 20%, persumbly my federal tax responsibilities will be $5500 * 20% = $1100? base on current market value which is around $3000, the value after the fact is $1900 then.

Thanks Sam. If the federal tax rate is 20%, persumbly my federal tax responsibilities will be $5500 * 20% = $1100? base on current market value which is around $3000, the value after the fact is $1900 then.

It's a little more complicated than that, but you would need to add the $5500 as miscellaneous income. That's the rate you would end up owing, but then of course, that completely depends on your existing tax liabilities, or negative tax liabilities.

Reactions: lelejill
Ive got a set of Model 3 Forged Referral Wheels for sale in Santa Barbara, CA. Will not ship. PM me.

Bay Area here. I'm selling my Model 3 Zero-G Performance wheels + Michelin PS4S tires. PM me with an offer.

Western New York area - PM me if you want the set, brand new never installed.
Y’all realize there are two versions of these wheels, right? They have different offsets for cars with Performance Upgrade brakes (ET34) and without (ET40).

Also, there is an active For Sale section on this forum, just saying.

My wait is finally over!

D7EDE299-E258-4F36-959C-11FC49E1A5DC.jpeg
260A1A96-240F-4C7B-BB97-E8109C47A095.jpeg
61D4DEBF-13B7-4F37-B118-7DA3C485BEF2.jpeg

Because I seem to have the worst luck with rims and tires on my model 3, I have already had to replace one of my newly installed referral wheels due to running over a bolt which punctured both the tire, AND put two holes in the rim. This is rim #4 purchased for this car since dec 2018, and I have only replaced a 1 rim on a car prior to this one in the past 20 or so years.

Anyway, I digress.... The reason I am making this specific post is, I have a picture of my blue model 3 with chrome delete on it, with 1 stock silver 20 inch performance rim, and 1 referral rim. I took this picture because it shows the difference in the look between the two, and its very unlikely anyone else will have a similar picture to directly compare the look of these two rims installed on the car at the same time.

I am not good with photography, and this is an iPhone pic with no editing at all.. just "click" so apologize in advance if its not perfect.

Here is the pic.

IMG_0305.jpg
IMG_0306.jpg

Because I seem to have the worst luck with rims and tires on my model 3, I have already had to replace one of my newly installed referral wheels due to running over a bolt which punctured both the tire, AND put two holes in the rim. This is rim #4 purchased for this car since dec 2018, and I have only replaced a 1 rim on a car prior to this one in the past 20 or so years.

Anyway, I digress.... The reason I am making this specific post is, I have a picture of my blue model 3 with chrome delete on it, with 1 stock silver 20 inch performance rim, and 1 referral rim. I took this picture because it shows the difference in the look between the two, and its very unlikely anyone else will have a similar picture to directly compare the look of these two rims installed on the car at the same time.

I am not good with photography, and this is an iPhone pic with no editing at all.. just "click" so apologize in advance if its not perfect.

Here is the pic.

Thanks for sharing! It's amazing how much the referral wheels change the personality of the car.

Did you receive any notification that your wheels were ready before you made an appointment to pick them up? What has the procedure been like for you? I keep trying to request my referral wheel but keep getting the same "your award is still in queue and not ready yet... give it a few more weeks".

4/15 self scheduled an appointment for the wheels as I heard they were available in Canada in groups/forums. They cancelled it the next day because they couldn’t confirm eligibility

5/1 they confirmed eligibility after back and forth with referral program, and put in the order.

6/13 picked them up. I followed up by email every two weeks between 5/1 and 6/12 to be a pest.

I’m the meantime on 6/9 I received an unsolicited email from referral program saying I’m eligible and to self schedule...which I had already preempted on 4/15. Did you get this email?
E405E51B-2F32-4C0A-8DC8-C6E068DACE6D.jpeg

Last edited:
4/15 self scheduled an appointment for the wheels as I heard they were available in Canada in groups/forums. They cancelled it the next day because they couldn’t confirm eligibility

5/1 they confirmed eligibility after back and forth with referral program, and put in the order.

6/13 picked them up. I followed up by email every two weeks between 5/1 and 6/12 to be a pest.

I’m the meantime on 6/9 I received an unsolicited email from referral program saying I’m eligible and to self schedule...which I had already preempted on 4/15. Did you get this email?
View attachment 552395
I did not receive any email. I tried scheduling within the app for referral wheel pick up, but as you said the appointment was quickly cancelled because they say my award is not ready for pick up yet. I have called them several times with the same response. The latest communication I received a txt from Tesla service saying that my wheels are on order and they will notify me when ready, but this was like 6 weeks ago. I called yesterday, but they keep giving me the same "its not ready yet...". Sounds like they are just avoiding me lol. Not sure if I should try to be more of a pest or if they really just need more time to process the orders in queue.

I did not receive any email. I tried scheduling within the app for referral wheel pick up, but as you said the appointment was quickly cancelled because they say my award is not ready for pick up yet. I have called them several times with the same response. The latest communication I received a txt from Tesla service saying that my wheels are on order and they will notify me when ready, but this was like 6 weeks ago. I called yesterday, but they keep giving me the same "its not ready yet...". Sounds like they are just avoiding me lol. Not sure if I should try to be more of a pest or if they really just need more time to process the orders in queue.

I think they just need more time, as everyone is trying to redeem at the same time across NA.

Mine was about 6 weeks from when they confirmed the order was in, so hopefully not too much longer for you.

I just got them installed, thanks to a TMC member who graciously sold me his. IMO, they look incredible and offer a superior driving experience to the 18’s.

Attachments

• 3FCC1899-C729-4BCF-A90B-8E233C87BDDA.jpeg
    3FCC1899-C729-4BCF-A90B-8E233C87BDDA.jpeg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 47DCD047-0084-4E85-BBB5-1BF28487A249.jpeg
    47DCD047-0084-4E85-BBB5-1BF28487A249.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Muskol