Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another price drop in the US!

Attachments

• 797D15FE-1B7B-42F9-B6AF-C93FC1A9C319.png
    797D15FE-1B7B-42F9-B6AF-C93FC1A9C319.png
    621.2 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: cafz and Sluggabed
Not sure where you’re getting the 10K shipping from, it wasn’t in the price I had before they were removed. I’m hoping for a drive away price of around 190K for my S Plaid as we are exempt from stamp duty here in the ACT.
Some time back Elon stated that Tesla policy was to have the same price worldwide subject to shipping and local taxes.
The eventual Australian prices will include shipping costs but won’t be expressed separately. My figure is just a wet finger in the air and is designed to be generous, if anyone has a more accurate shipping cost estimate, happy to hear.

This is the price I have before they were removed. The S Plaid was US$125K at this point. As of today it’s US$105K. Also there has been 1 increase the LCT since then with another on the way 30 June. Exchange rate US/AUD was around the low 70 cents.

Attachments

• 7671E393-21C0-4FFF-B589-F9C33ABC4AF2.png
    7671E393-21C0-4FFF-B589-F9C33ABC4AF2.png
    616.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Model S AWD US$89,990 which is Au$127,375
Model S and X Plaid US$104,990 which is Au$157,310
Model X AWD US$94,990 which is Au$142,362
Add additional $10,000 for shipping then LCT, stamp duty and on roads.
You forgot GST. And shipping is in the $3k ballpark, especially when you're shipping hundreds of them.

I think the list price of the Plaid will probably be around $210k on the road, before options

There's going to be several more cuts in the pricing of the MS before it even gets to our shores (US economy circling the drain, improved manufacturing margins since the MS first getting here) and the slow increase in the diabolical LCT threshold ($10k in last 5yrs).
It'll definitely be sub $200k, remembering the Performance got down to ~$167k AUD on road and we're only $10k away from that base price with the Plaid now in the US. (all time low of ~$92k USD)

There's going to be several more cuts in the pricing of the MS before it even gets to our shores (US economy circling the drain, improved manufacturing margins since the MS first getting here) and the slow increase in the diabolical LCT threshold ($10k in last 5yrs).
It'll definitely be sub $200k, remembering the Performance got down to ~$167k AUD on road and we're only $10k away from that base price with the Plaid now in the US. (all time low of ~$92k USD)

Hope you are right but dont forget the Aus dollar is about 10% less value than when the performance was last offered in Aus. (67c now vs low 70s)

Hope you are right but dont forget the Aus dollar is about 10% less value than when the performance was last offered in Aus. (67c now vs low 70s)
Yep you're totally correct and it's painful how worthless the Aussie Paso is, lets just hope it rides above the future turmoil and gains value when this incredible car is released to us. (#disclaimer .....completely bias view point)

Last edited:
Reactions: Novatec
"Despite a second set of price cuts for the Model S and X in early March, Tesla delivered just 10,695 of those vehicles in the quarter, the lowest since the third quarter of 2021"

With current pricing (US) the MS is almost double the price of it's comparable M3. I really think there needs to be a 'laddered' pricing schedule to this line up, so it's only just another rung away rather than an entire another car away. Even prior to the price cuts, resale was atrocious on the refreshed models.
With the announcement of further 3/Y cuts, there really could be a significant price restructure like 2018 (I think)

Last edited:
"Despite a second set of price cuts for the Model S and X in early March, Tesla delivered just 10,695 of those vehicles in the quarter, the lowest since the third quarter of 2021"

With current pricing (US) the MS is almost double the price of it's comparable M3. I really think there needs to be a l'addered' pricing schedule to this line up, so it's only just another rung away rather than an entire another car away. Even prior to the price cuts, resale was atrocious on the refreshed models.
With the announcement of further 3/Y cutss, there really could be a significant price restructure like 2018 (I think)
They sell every S and X they can make, that's why they haven't even bothered with RHD markets yet. The capacity is 20k, but they sell capacity every quarter, except this quarter is different, because they've started exports to Europe and China, so 10k of that 20k is on the water waiting to be delivered overseas. Read into the facts, not the FUD.

They sell every S and X they can make, that's why they haven't even bothered with RHD markets yet. The capacity is 20k, but they sell capacity every quarter, except this quarter is different, because they've started exports to Europe and China, so 10k of that 20k is on the water waiting to be delivered overseas. Read into the facts, not the FUD.
If this is the case, why do they keep dropping the price then? Why are there dozens of new X & S’s available in US inventory. The resale value of this car in the US is absolutely horrific. Buyers have lost over US$50K on their cars in under 2 years.

Reactions: RodDavies
Tesla Inc. increased the prices of Model S and Model X vehicles in the US, after the company’s share price slumped following first quarter earnings.

Prices for Model S sedans and Model X sports utility vehicles rose by $2,500, or about 2% to 3%

Though they come with 3 years of unlimited free supercharging if delivered before 30th June. Weirdly the yoke steering is additional.

• Informative
Reactions: Novatec
Tesla Inc. increased the prices of Model S and Model X vehicles in the US, after the company’s share price slumped following first quarter earnings.

Prices for Model S sedans and Model X sports utility vehicles rose by $2,500, or about 2% to 3%

Though they come with 3 years of unlimited free supercharging if delivered before 30th June. Weirdly the yoke steering is additional.

Seems very bizarre, I'm sure some reverse psychology going on. Nothing like raising prices yet offering 3-year unlimited supercharging.

Seems very bizarre, I'm sure some reverse psychology going on. Nothing like raising prices yet offering 3-year unlimited supercharging.
free supercharging and referral credits have always stimulated demand for tesla. Seems its more effective than dropping prices too far. The financial analysis seem to have a consensus that tesla are making more cars than they are selling, so presume the June30 deadline is to offload those 20,000 surplus cars

Last edited: