Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently, 2021.43.101.1 is the latest firmware, as of Jan 2022. I noticed the ANC missing, so I put in a service ticket to try and get them to push a more recent firmware but was told 1) that 2021.43.101.1 is the most recent available for the 2022 refreshed X's; 2) only Tesla engineering department schedules vehicles for firmware; 3) Tesla service can only re-push a firmware if the firmware has been pushed and downloaded by the vehicle; and 4) that my only recourse is to patiently await the newest firmware by connecting to really strong wi-fi. It's disheartening that they pre-load the newest vehicles with outdated firmware and there is no way for a user to self-retrieve/get the latest version without waiting and wondering. I also have to play their super-frustrating FSD beta qualifying 99+ safety score game again, despite having gained FSD beta access on my 2017 Model X.

I am in exactly same boat :) thanks for confirming we got the latest firmware.

Apparently, 2021.43.101.1 is the latest firmware, as of Jan 2022. I noticed the ANC missing, so I put in a service ticket to try and get them to push a more recent firmware but was told 1) that 2021.43.101.1 is the most recent available for the 2022 refreshed X's; 2) only Tesla engineering department schedules vehicles for firmware; 3) Tesla service can only re-push a firmware if the firmware has been pushed and downloaded by the vehicle; and 4) that my only recourse is to patiently await the newest firmware by connecting to really strong wi-fi. It's disheartening that they pre-load the newest vehicles with outdated firmware and there is no way for a user to self-retrieve/get the latest version without waiting and wondering. I also have to play their super-frustrating FSD beta qualifying 99+ safety score game again, despite having gained FSD beta access on my 2017 Model X.
I heard in another board that you can email Tesla support and they may graft Beta to your new car. Just for *sugar* eating grins, try this email: [email protected]

Reactions: Dyspareunia
Have you changed your software update setting to 'Advanced'?

Control->Software->Software Update Preference->Advanced

Not sure if this will speed up the process of getting onto a newer firmware. I am currently on 2022.4.5

Have you changed your software update setting to 'Advanced'?

Control->Software->Software Update Preference->Advanced

Not sure if this will speed up the process of getting onto a newer firmware. I am currently on 2022.4.5
Tesla started pushing out 2022.4.5 yesterday and as luck would have it, my X started the download late yesterday afternoon, but then froze at 76% of the download. This morning, with no download progress, I attempted a force reboot and lost download, with the system saying I have the latest software version (2021.43.101.1), but in my phone app still says "Software update Downloading 2022.4.5 (76%)". So now I have an appointment with mobile services on the forthcoming Tuesday to come and re-push/re-install the failed software download/update. If I wasn't already a Tesla owner, I'd be extremely disappointed, but this is just not surprising to me.

Tesla started pushing out 2022.4.5 yesterday and as luck would have it, my X started the download late yesterday afternoon, but then froze at 76% of the download. This morning, with no download progress, I attempted a force reboot and lost download, with the system saying I have the latest software version (2021.43.101.1), but in my phone app still says "Software update Downloading 2022.4.5 (76%)". So now I have an appointment with mobile services on the forthcoming Tuesday to come and re-push/re-install the failed software download/update. If I wasn't already a Tesla owner, I'd be extremely disappointed, but this is just not surprising to me.
I had a successful download of 2022.4.5 last night, and now have ANC.

Reactions: Dyspareunia
Anyone experience auto up/down feature for windows not working? I noticed it didnt work for any of the windows but when I did a reset it worked. Then after a few days it stopped working again. Wondering if anyone else noticed this or could try it in their refresh X. Thanks.

Anyone experience auto up/down feature for windows not working? I noticed it didnt work for any of the windows but when I did a reset it worked. Then after a few days it stopped working again. Wondering if anyone else noticed this or could try it in their refresh X. Thanks.
Auto up/down stopped working on driver side front door only, fixed after reset. It hasn’t happened again.

Fob in your pocket or in a purse? It is really easy to accidentally press the buttons. A coin against the fob will open the door. You can get a fob guard case on Amazon or other places that prevent accidental presses.
Using phone as the key. Havent set up the fob yet. I thought my phone gets too close from the car but nope. Sometimes in the living room and get an alert my car door has been left open.

Took delivery of our Refreshed MX LR. Going into service for third time for what appears to be a wheel speed sensor issue. Problem is here in colorado we have been getting hammered. When sensor trips you lose ABS, power steering, traction control, and regen braking. Owned it for 3 weeks and about to probably go get into another loaner vehicle. Service support doesnt seem to be transparent and cant get anyone on the phone to complain to.

Did you have an appointment to do that? I’m still on 2021.43.xxx
I scheduled an appointment via the Tesla app describing the software issue. Initially, the Tesla service was assigned to a mobile ranger who was going to come out in two days. The service team ended up remotely pushing it to the car (car automatically started the download of the latest software) about 36 hours after my service request was opened, and they closed my case with the resolution comment in the app saying "Problem solved remotely".

So Jan 31, 2022, the car delivered with 2021.43.101.1 -> Feb 09, 2022, software version 2022.4.5 self-downloaded, but stuck at 65%, had to force reboot and lost the software, so opened service ticket in the evening, with mobile service ranger scheduled to come out Feb 12, 2022 -> Feb 11, 2022, software 2022.4.5 was fully downloaded overnight and ready to install in the morning. Installed without problems and ticket was closed by Tesla service on their end -> Feb 24, 2022, the vehicle automatically downloaded 2022.4.5.3 without issue and installed without issue (assumed this was a normal push/download by car). Currently on 2022.4.5.3.

Reactions: mswlogo