Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that sucks. So if I wait until 9pm for the charger to kick on (in order to get the cheapest electricity rate) and then have to leave for work at 6:30am then I'll only be able to recharge 285 miles on a car that has 348 miles of range. It feels like their home charger, with maximum size wiring supplied, should be able to fully charge the car overnight, but I guess not...
I guess this thread is a bit old now. We get 36-37 mph charging with our Gen 2 charger at 48 Amp.

Attachments

• CAF18EA3-4A78-464A-A963-880FECC1515D.jpeg
    CAF18EA3-4A78-464A-A963-880FECC1515D.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Fleetwood75
Is the Gen 2 charger limited to 48a? I know we have it connected to a 60a breaker but we haven't actually used the charger yet since we just got the car..
The Gen2 can supply up to 80 amps, if properly installed and configured. Your car OTOH, is limited to 48 amps. My 2018 X can charge at up to 72 amps, my 2015 S could charge at 80 amps. But back in 2019, Tesla stopped offering anything that could use over 48 amps (not counting supercharging of course).

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP
Is the Gen 2 charger limited to 48a? I know we have it connected to a 60a breaker but we haven't actually used the charger yet since we just got the car..
I have a 60 amp breaker also but it’s maximum output is 48 amp. I want to say the charge limit is restricted to 80% of the breaker max.

Edit: It’s capable of higher output but with a 60 amp breaker it’s capped at 48 amp.

I have a 60 amp breaker also but it’s maximum output is 48 amp. I want to say the charge limit is restricted to 80% of the breaker max.

Edit: It’s capable of higher output but with a 60 amp breaker it’s capped at 48 amp.
This is correct. I installed my wall charger with a 60 amp breaker due to this limitation. Of course I may have shot myself in the foot if the Cybertruck that I also have on-order will be able to take more than 48 amps, but if that happens it's a pretty straight shot from a 100 amp sub-panel that I have in my garage.

What software version is everyone on? I've only had one software update since delivery on Feb 7, and currently on 2021.43.201. Seems like thats still way behind the current master build.
Me too — I called service and they said they couldn’t do anything to push any new updates… very frustrating! When you stomp on your accelerator, all the way to the floor, on the highway, do you get a high pitch sound?

I've been stuck on this since delivery 2/12
I’m also still stuck on 2021.43.201, and haven’t had any updates since delivery. I’m getting a little concerned that there’s some sort of bug that’s preventing the car from getting updates. My car is on WiFi any time it’s parked in the garage, which is at least every night. My old X, which I’ve still got while I’m waiting to sell it, updated to 2022.4.5 a couple of weeks ago.

I’m also still stuck on 2021.43.201, and haven’t had any updates since delivery. I’m getting a little concerned that there’s some sort of bug that’s preventing the car from getting updates. My car is on WiFi any time it’s parked in the garage, which is at least every night. My old X, which I’ve still got while I’m waiting to sell it, updated to 2022.4.5 a couple of weeks ago.
Sounds like more of us are stuck on old firmware. Could be due to bugs so they are waiting to upgrade us… at least that’s what I keep telling myself 🤣

So do you have the active noise cancelling on your audio options?
Yes, it showed up 2022.4.5. But probably the better question is if the NC works or makes a difference. It's not immediately noticeable what, if any, effect that the NC systems has on cabin noise. The few times that I have switched it on and off while driving, I really could not tell a difference - but then again, I don't find that the MX cabin noise at highway speeds to be noisy, with or without the NC.

I am curious to "hear" what other MX owners think about the NC effectiveness;-)

Yes, it showed up 2022.4.5. But probably the better question is if the NC works or makes a difference. It's not immediately noticeable what, if any, effect that the NC systems has on cabin noise. The few times that I have switched it on and off while driving, I really could not tell a difference - but then again, I don't find that the MX cabin noise at highway speeds to be noisy, with or without the NC.

I am curious to "hear" what other MX owners think about the NC effectiveness;-)
Still waiting for the software update =/ otherwise I'd love to tell you

Reactions: slevit1md