Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I should be picking up my MX Plaid in a week. I ordered in my name but would like to register the car under my business (LLC). Does anyone know how to do this without having to register twice and possibly pay sales tax twice? I'm holding off on asking Tesla directly, lest they think I am trying to transfer the car to another owner and have them cancel my reservation as a result. I've waited long enough for this car.
I was able to dual register mine using both myself and my business. One tax bill and no issues.

Have you tried email [email protected] to see if they can help?
I called Tesla order support before going to the store. Got the same answer. I would imagine the email may go to the same team as the phone. But I will try tomorrow. I think if this is done by mistake, probably only supervisor level from the corporate team may be able to revert it. If it’s intended, then there is no way to change. I will also try the Fremont number tomorrow.

Hi, long time lurker, first time posting.

I ordered on Jan 28, 2021. I had the same swinging edd's that everyone had. Recently the date has been narrowed down, and today shows edd of June 6 to 9. I still haven't been vin'd though. What do you think the chances are the edd holds?

Last week my edd was June 1 to June 20, the week before June 9 to July 14, and before then a slew of wide and wild edd's.

Can anyone that received their MX refresh confirm or deny the a set of Golf clubs can fit in the frunk?

Refresh is similar to Pre-Refresh as far as I know.

Reactions: Empty tank
Oh happy day!

I checked my account and now have a VIN and a narrow delivery window of June 17-21!

Hopefully, everything flows smoothly with the delivery process.
D1B3A765-FE35-4247-9537-9BBCE98D0FD8.jpeg

Yes, with modification of loading. The frunk dimensions ARE different, a bit shorter but a bit deeper. I had fit my Callaway C130 golf bag into my previous 2016 P90L Founders but had to take the driver, 3 and 5 woods out of the bag and place them between the bag and firewall. My new Plaid requires that I additionally pull the 3 and 4 hybrids out and place them underneath the other 3. They also replaced the little cubbyhole in the front that used to put my golf shoes in with storage for the tow hook. They all fit in the frunk but it leaves less room than 2016. On the positive side, the frunk now locks and can't be opened by pulling the ribbons from the outside😁.
(Please don’t guess when people are asking for important information. Don’t guess, if you don’t KNOW, just read and move on: don't post wrong information.)

Attachments

• DB23A216-4427-4AEA-AB80-D7CB6C7EADF7.jpeg
    DB23A216-4427-4AEA-AB80-D7CB6C7EADF7.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Just got my tightest EDD date range yet. Yesterday I had a range from October 25, 2022 - January 03, 2023. Today I now have June 20, 2022 - July 10, 2022.

Also, a week or so ago my trade-in expired and I had to update my odometer reading in my account. I did so and a few days latter got and email and text asking me to resubmit all of my images for my trade-in but via email this time. Anyone else have this happen? I emailed them back to ask about it but have yet to hear back from them even after a few follow emails to them.

Looks like they are working hard to make 7 seaters these days!!!! Congrats!🎉
Thanks!!

It would be great if they would start cranking out more seven and five-seaters to catch up with their backlog of orders.
Waiting was hard, and my wife and I toyed with getting another vehicle a few times, but thankfully we waited and will have the vehicle we really want.

Hi, long time lurker, first time posting.

I ordered on Jan 28, 2021. I had the same swinging edd's that everyone had. Recently the date has been narrowed down, and today shows edd of June 6 to 9. I still haven't been vin'd though. What do you think the chances are the edd holds?

Last week my edd was June 1 to June 20, the week before June 9 to July 14, and before then a slew of wide and wild edd's.
Fellow Canadian with an almost identical order date. My theory had been that deliveries to Canada would not start happening again until early Q3 (ie July), to maximize the late Q2 push to the U.S. west cost. BUT since you are in Vancouver, maybe you qualify for the "west coast push"--for your sake I hope your narrow delivery window comes true!

Looking for some expertise. Did a little research and decided to poll the audience. I have gotten Opticoat on the last several Tesla's I've owned. Love the way it makes the paint pop and offers some protection. Meanwhile, there are tons of discussions around here on the various things people apply to their cars: PPF, Xpel, etc. I am looking for the a primer (no pun intended) on the various options and pros and cons of each. I don't think I want to wrap my car, but would like to know if I should do Opticoat again, or something else? Goal: protect paint, make it look a little nicer than as-is. Does anyone have a link where I can read up on this stuff?

Thanks!