Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am scheduled to pick up my MX Plaid on Tuesday in Renton, WA.

Trying to consume as much "checklist/delivery day" media as I can find. (This is my first Tesla and I don't really know what I'm doing.)

Also, I don't expect that I'm going to be Plaid launching all that much, but if y'all have advice on the safest and best places to do that, I'm curious about that too.

Just got my tightest EDD date range yet. Yesterday I had a range from October 25, 2022 - January 03, 2023. Today I now have June 20, 2022 - July 10, 2022.

Also, a week or so ago my trade-in expired and I had to update my odometer reading in my account. I did so and a few days latter got and email and text asking me to resubmit all of my images for my trade-in but via email this time. Anyone else have this happen? I emailed them back to ask about it but have yet to hear back from them even after a few follow emails to them.
Hi- had some similar hiccups while sending in the imagery for the trade in evaluation. Call them and confirm that they have your pix. They'll hang with. you while you're mailing them. The trick is to 'reply' to the email asking for the pix and drop the pix on the replying email. I sent two pix at a time. Worked.

I am scheduled to pick up my MX Plaid on Tuesday in Renton, WA.

Trying to consume as much "checklist/delivery day" media as I can find. (This is my first Tesla and I don't really know what I'm doing.)

Also, I don't expect that I'm going to be Plaid launching all that much, but if y'all have advice on the safest and best places to do that, I'm curious about that too.
When I got my 2018 X I did some crazy stuff (not so much any more). Highway 16 from the Tacoma Narrows bridge to Bremerton is a serious racetrack. Also, the run from Seattle west on I-90 is a great run. Watch out for the federales, though. I used to take my younger son out to Pullman and drove out there several times by myself. Not the prettiest ride once you pass the Columbia River, but it's wide open. Get it out of your system because the WSP loves to ticket Teslas....

Enjoy..

First of relax. You are in for the ride of your life. Use your checklist for the once over so yoi can document and have Tesla verify the shortcomings. They usually will fix all the discrepancies pretty fast and you do have a long warranty for anything you might have missed. (Take it from a beta model X owner, they can be trusted to fix everything.) If you want to check out all the doors, mirrors and lights, play the light show. Yo’kll enjoy it and it will tell if the important things are working.

Yes, with modification of loading. The frunk dimensions ARE different, a bit shorter but a bit deeper. I had fit my Callaway C130 golf bag into my previous 2016 P90L Founders but had to take the driver, 3 and 5 woods out of the bag and place them between the bag and firewall. My new Plaid requires that I additionally pull the 3 and 4 hybrids out and place them underneath the other 3. They also replaced the little cubbyhole in the front that used to put my golf shoes in with storage for the tow hook. They all fit in the frunk but it leaves less room than 2016. On the positive side, the frunk now locks and can't be opened by pulling the ribbons from the outside😁.
(Please don’t guess when people are asking for important information. Don’t guess, if you don’t KNOW, just read and move on: don't post wrong information.)
Questions:
  • Is this confirmed?
  • How will emergency services get under the hood now? They have to be able to cut the 12V battery to safely deal with the car (disables air bags, etc). (Unless everything has changed somehow).
If that is the case, then I'm surprised they've not made the frunk powered.

Not yet on iphone app. I called local delivery center yesterday afternoon and they said the car was not there yet. Guess I need some patience.
I made my appointment well before the car estimated arrival. They contacted me via text to let me know when the car was estimated to arrive, about 2 weeks ahead of time, and we set up an appointment via text on their suggested date which was a couple of days later.

Honestly, they should know where the car is now, they should already have been told a day to expect the car to arrive, and be able to set up a delivery appointment now for you a couple of days or so later. I can’t believe these SCs handle deliveries so differently. As you’ve been given a narrow EDD that includes today, but the SC has no idea where it is or about its expected arrival, I’d be concerned.

Last edited:
"Elon Musk’s ‘Super Bad Feeling’ Could Cost 10,000 Tesla Jobs." And now maybe deliveries will get pushed out another couple years. I have a "super real feeling" that they could get rid of all their service advisors since I can read the app and dancing delivery dates as well as they can. I have a "super strong feeling" he should yesterday have hired competent management to run the company he created.

Reactions: tierneyalvin
I made my appointment well before the car estimated arrival. They contacted me via text to let me know when the car was estimated to arrive, about 2 weeks ahead of time, and we set up an appointment via text on their suggested date which was a couple of days later.
No text for me yet, and called delivery center yesterday and it is not there yet. Guess I have to wait.

Really disappointed. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow at 11AM at St. Louis Delivery Center. Got a call today that car is in Chicago and won't be here by tomorrow. Blamed it on truck driver shortage. Can't get car from rail to delivery center.

Rescheduled to Monday, but I have little confidence in that estimate.

So emblematic of my last 1.5 years....

Elon is becoming increasingly erratic in his communications. I am concerned for his mental health, my two Tesla vehicles and my investment in Tesla. When he eventually melts down, is Tesla too big to fail?
Yes. Many aspects of Tesla will get better without Elon. This thread, for example, would be radically shorter if Elon was not here. The board would bring in people with car company experience and for whom things like production planning, supplier management, etc is their bread and butter. Even now, other car companies, although production is constrained and they are dealing with supply chain disruptions, are able to give accurate delivery dates and stick to them.

Communication would also improve. I drove a Volvo XC40 while waiting for my MX and was blown away by their communication. Prior to OTA updates I would get an email with a link to the release notes of what they added and fixed along with the date that the update would be available. I would love to have that with my Teslas.

The downside of course is that Tesla would lose its edginess, outside the box thinking, and doing things because they are cool or neat and not because the beancounters say it's ok.

Basically Tesla would become Apple. Apple has not produced a single truly new product since Steve left. It is, however, a very well run company that delivers quality products to its customers and quality returns to its shareholders.

I doubt that MX would continue under legacy leadership. Heck even Elon has said it's a PITA and has talked about killing it and he loves the car.

Last edited: