Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the highway it has been **extremely** rare to have phantom braking, to the point that I pretty much sit back and enjoy the ride.

On small roads with overhanging trees, phantom braking occurs every few seconds.
I hear you, but only one occurrence on a highway could be a major problem. No other car seems to do this, which is baffling to me. I have to pay $10,000 just to get the equivalent to radar cruise control, and it doesn’t even work appear to perform this most basic task.

There is a hold on all Xs deliveries pending some update. My delivery was scheduled for April 3 at 4 PM. When I checked at April 3 at 7AM that was still the date. When I finished lunch at 1 PM and was checking my paperwork it had changed to April 15 at 3 PM. I called and they said there are some software changes they are making and April 15 is a placeholder. It may be earlier or later than the 15th.
Just curious because the OP said it moved all the way to September. My April 2021 order still shows a July EDD like many others. I’m aware of the April 15 issue, but was curious about the OP’s order date and why he was moved to September. Not sure this would have anything to do with the April 15 issue but maybe.

The present 3/Y have used liquid cooling on the sandwich MCU from the beginning (MCU+HW3 sandwich). Only S/X kept air cooling behind glovebox (actively cooled heatsink fans).
Hopefully this means faster clock speeds for a more responsive UI. Water cooling on my deskside tower keeps everything nice and cool even under very high workloads. Also, the CPU and GPU can run at higher frequencies for better performance.

Just curious because the OP said it moved all the way to September. My April 2021 order still shows a July EDD like many others. I’m aware of the April 15 issue, but was curious about the OP’s order date and why he was moved to September. Not sure this would have anything to do with the April 15 issue but maybe.
Agreed. I recognized my error and deleted my post.

Did DCU rates go up? I thought it was 1.24%, but now I’m seeing 1.99% online and it says that the published rates include the direct deposit discount already. So does that mean 1.74% (after EV discount) is the lowest available out there right now?

Tesla Highland Park has my order prioritized "at the factory." Car will be assigned "after gated" whatever the verbiage means. Last time I was VINNED 2 weeks later but obviously this isn't EoQ rush (which should be a good thing!).

I've tried to pin down the matrix headlights but they are not playing ball. Tesla Highland Park has a delivery email that makes this way easier. Luckily I dug up my 2016 emails from my S order and the email address still works. Saved me 20 minutes waiting on hold to sort everything out and could just email them documents for them to immediately review and work on. I strongly recommend this procedure.

• Informative
Reactions: Hebert
Did DCU rates go up? I thought it was 1.24%, but now I’m seeing 1.99% online and it says that the published rates include the direct deposit discount already. So does that mean 1.74% (after EV discount) is the lowest available out there right now?

Yes they went up recently. I know because I applied two days before and luckily they honored the lower rate. Educational Employees CU still has low rates through 4/30 and I think anyone can sign up.

All rates went up across the board as the Fed raised interest rates a couple of weeks ago.... There will be a few more Fed rate hikes this year so rates will continue to go up. Next Fed meeting is May 3rd so I suggest folks to lock in rates before then or you will be paying an additional 25 basis points or so after that.

One more reason why fully trusting your car to drive you is not a great idea…
Well again, it’s a beta product. When you are building something better than the traditional solution, it’s going to be worse than the traditional solution for a while (during development — the beta period).

Ultimately the goal is to get computer malfunctions < human malfunctions by like 9+ sigma.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I hear you, but only one occurrence on a highway could be a major problem. No other car seems to do this, which is baffling to me. I have to pay $10,000 just to get the equivalent to radar cruise control, and it doesn’t even work appear to perform this most basic task.
Radar cruise control will plow straight into the side of a crossing semi though. This is a totally different approach and it’s not for those looking for a finished product.

Reactions: DelPhonic1