Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: I picked up my car after they replaced the half shafts. The vibration is gone. We'll see if it comes back...

The parts are listed below. Same part numbers as before, but supposedly with tighter tolerances from the supplier.

Parts Replaced or Added
Part
Quantity
HALFSHAFT ASSY, FR,LEFT HAND(1420113-00-B)
Correction: Halfshaft - Front Drive Unit - RH (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part
Quantity
HALFSHAFT ASSY, FR,RIGHT HAND(1420119-00-B)

Update: I picked up my car after they replaced the half shafts. The vibration is gone. We'll see if it comes back...

The parts are listed below. Same part numbers as before, but supposedly with tighter tolerances from the supplier.

Parts Replaced or Added
Part
Quantity
Parts Replaced or Added
Part
Quantity
Didn't you have these parts replaced once, and the vibration came back, too? I'm very, very curious as to whether this is resolved...

That could explain why some people don't have the vibration. (They got lucky and got half shafts with tight tolerances.)

I wonder how big of a difference it is.

Reactions: aerodyne
Had the N2itive SX-P2 installed on our TMX Plaid a few weeks ago, and it's been great. Zero shudder, feels composed and planted. Rear wheels are flat on the ground.
Getting the same kit + lowering links installed on my S Plaid tomorrow at EVFIXME in Costa Mesa. Will post details/update after driving it for a few.

Here's a link to the Alignment Kit for all year model X and S for those interested.

Yeah, but they weren't replace with ones manufactured to the new tighter tolerances. So they weren't "lucky."
Yeah but who knows if this "tighter tolerances" stuff is just nonsense spouted by Tesla. I hope for @n2mb_racing it's not (and for all of us, for that matter). I'm getting my car fixed as soon as he has more miles on the clock!

Parts Replaced or Added
Part
Quantity
Parts Replaced or Added
Part
Quantity
I wish you the best, but honestly, I don’t believe (for a NY second) what Tesla told you is accurate. First, from a design principles standpoint, if there are new changes or revisions, the part number rolls. Second, Tesla still calls this behavior “normal,” and refuses to move away from that position. These two alone, leave me with little hope of “new parts” and Tesla whole sale willing to put them in our vibrating cars.

Reactions: aerodyne
I wish you the best, but honestly, I don’t believe (for a NY second) what Tesla told you is accurate. First, from a design principles standpoint, if there are new changes or revisions, the part number rolls. Second, Tesla still calls this behavior “normal,” and refuses to move away from that position. These two alone, leave me with little hope of “new parts” and Tesla whole sale willing to put them in our vibrating cars.
Yeah, I don't know why they would put a third set of half shafts in my car, but they must believe something is different. 🤷 Beats me. It was supposed to be an engineering sample.

Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc