Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rental Replacement P85D - Turo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have under-insured motorist protection or full coverage and you weren't at fault, you're 100% covered no matter what the other insurance company does. For me, Philadelphia insurance sent out a claims adjuster and he said $2300 to repair quarter panel. I took to Tesla approved shop and they said $11000. Claims adjuster lost his head but Philadelphia still paid out. I didn't have to take it to any other shops either. And they gave me $5k diminished value.

I just rented a 2018 MS 75D from Enterprise in Roswell GA for $75/day

Whaaaa?!?! Why even buy a car there!? Between the car payment and insurance your getting close to what you would pay if you owned it and you can swap it out for a different car whenever you want!

Denver is $250/day for a 2016 MS 60. Highway robbery!

If you have under-insured motorist protection or full coverage and you weren't at fault, you're 100% covered no matter what the other insurance company does. For me, Philadelphia insurance sent out a claims adjuster and he said $2300 to repair quarter panel. I took to Tesla approved shop and they said $11000. Claims adjuster lost his head but Philadelphia still paid out. I didn't have to take it to any other shops either. And they gave me $5k diminished value.

Whaaaa?!?! Why even buy a car there!? Between the car payment and insurance your getting close to what you would pay if you owned it and you can swap it out for a different car whenever you want!

I can’t say whether $75/day is their standard rate, but that’s what they charged me. Could have been a “special”.

No need for an attorney who would have cost more money AND even worse more time. in my 36 years as a commercial real estate broker, regional brokerage company owner, and real estate investor, “Lawyering Up” almost always resulted in everybody spending more time and getting less money (except the attorneys).

You obviously have no clue on how a personal injury attorney works.
You do not pay anything, the attorney gets his fee's from settlement.
Im actually surprised you live in So. California, and are going against lawyering up.

I just hope if i ever get into an accident i hope to find someone like you, because i would definitely lawyer up and trust me i will not pay a single dime, and most likely walk away with Diminished Value + Medical + not have to pay anything suppliment, as well as force whoever hit me to pay up every last single dime in over coverage i go on my rental.

But that is just me, and i use lawyers who are known as sharks in LA whom were also my drinking buddies when i was in college.

You obviously have no clue on how a personal injury attorney works.
You do not pay anything, the attorney gets his fee's from settlement.
Im actually surprised you live in So. California, and are going against lawyering up.

I just hope if i ever get into an accident i hope to find someone like you, because i would definitely lawyer up and trust me i will not pay a single dime, and most likely walk away with Diminished Value + Medical + not have to pay anything suppliment, as well as force whoever hit me to pay up every last single dime in over coverage i go on my rental.

But that is just me, and i use lawyers who are known as sharks in LA whom were also my drinking buddies when i was in college.

You obviously ignored that there WASN'T any personal injury... So why would I need a personal injury attorney? Certainly you're not insinuating that I should claim personal injury so I can "lawyer up", correct? That would be insurance fraud and probably a felony... and any attorney recommending that could and should be disbarred.

Or are you telling me your college drinking buddies "who are known as sharks in LA" take $2,000 "fender bender" property damage cases on contingency? I seriously doubt it unless they've had too much to drink. LOL

You also presumed I paid "a dime" out of my own pocked to resolve this claim. NOPE. State Farm ended up paying the entire $2,0XX claim plus the Enterprise rental car Tesla provided. All it cost me was some time and frustration but meeting with an attorney and waiting for something to happen would have been frustrating and cost me money out of pocket too.

Accidents happen. Personally I see no point in trying to take the person responsible and/or their insurance company "to the cleaners" when no harm was done except a bumper replacement from a 5 mph collision. If everybody actually stopped looking at accidents as "money for nothing get rich quick" schemes EVERYBODY'S insurance would go down.

PAY IT FORWARD

Karma is a bitch

1st post! Unfortunately it’s because my 2015 P85D was rear ended on 3/27/19. Low speed, stop and go... they were probably texting. Their insurance has already contacted me and claimed 100% liability - which is great news but only the beginning of making the situation right.

I’m wondering if anyone has been able to get a replacement rental of similar value or even a Tesla through TURO? If I’m gonna be without my car for weeks...months.. I don’t want to drive the Nissan centra they are trying to put me in.

Ive called the at fault parties insurance carrier (Allstate) and they said i could talk to the rental adjuster on Monday but would love to hear if anyone has had luck getting a similar vihcle of value or even a telsa through TURO already.

———————

Photos below are my baby, their civic, and a close up of the damage. His car seemed to hit the bumper bar and almost go under the aluminum bumper bar and hit frame (UGGGHHH)... Taking it into Gerber here in Dallas on Monday. They seem to be the best Certified place I can find at the moment.

Thanks in advance! Have a great rest of your weekend!

View attachment 392084 View attachment 392085 View attachment 392086

FYI there is a Tesla corporate body shop in Texas: Body Shop Support

The Tesla corporate body shop was AWESOME on our rear bumper repair. Hope your repair happens quickly too.

As far as OP is concerned, when I investigated a Tesla rental in TX while mine was being repaired, the Dallas downtown Enterprise locations were the nearest and they were quoting a similar price: $300 a day (or a weekly rental at the cost of 6 days) and possibly a $50 discount if insurance was picking up the tab. However they had a single Model S and it was unavailable "while in the shop for a software update"...

Accidents happen. Personally I see no point in trying to take the person responsible and/or their insurance company "to the cleaners" when no harm was done except a bumper replacement from a 5 mph collision. If everybody actually stopped looking at accidents as "money for nothing get rich quick" schemes EVERYBODY'S insurance would go down.

BrokerDon, if you posted this elsewhere I'm sorry that I missed it, but did you pursue any diminished value from State Farm as part of this non-injury/property-only claim? In a normal case I would agree with your premise of involving a lawyer nets everyone less money except the lawyers. However, dealings with insurance left me a hard choice - accept a DV offer of <5% from insurance for my Tesla (now with an airbag deployment in its accident history), or hire legal counsel to pursue the 30% DV returned by my independently hired appraiser? Given the disparity in values, I chose the latter, despite the time and headaches that were likely to ensue (and have).

BrokerDon, if you posted this elsewhere I'm sorry that I missed it, but did you pursue any diminished value from State Farm as part of this non-injury/property-only claim? In a normal case I would agree with your premise of involving a lawyer nets everyone less money except the lawyers. However, dealings with insurance left me a hard choice - accept a DV offer of <5% from insurance for my Tesla (now with an airbag deployment in its accident history), or hire legal counsel to pursue the 30% DV returned by my independently hired appraiser? Given the disparity in values, I chose the latter, despite the time and headaches that were likely to ensue (and have).

No I did not pursue DV since:
  1. the total repair cost was $2,038
  2. a DV claim would have added LOTS of TIME to getting our Tesla fixed
  3. nobody was injured
  4. not sure replacing a rear bumper for $2,038 actually will produce DV
  5. unlike some other ASShats on this forum we believe in:
  • treating people like we'd want them to treat us
  • Pay It Forward
  • Keep It Simple
  • attorneys are a LAST resort
  • most lawsuits enrich attorneys more than they do their clients... and cost everybody else more time AND money
Obviously every accident / claim is different. If our Tesla had been involved in a major accident I'd pursue DV but only AFTER I did everything I could to get our Tesla TOTALED. Having being the victum of a nasty T-bone accident with my back being a wreck for 2+ years and the Corvette repairs requiring an almost complete rebuilt of a 2002 Corvette convertible, I should have insisted on having it totaled, NOT repaired. Lesson learned.

You should almost always go for a DV claim, ESPECIALLY if it's going to go on the vehicle's history. I had a DV of $4800 on my $12000 repair job. I took the money. My car was hit in a parking lot and I wasn't even in it. That's money I'll lose if I sell me car. It's the insurance companies job to make you whole. If it was my fault I wouldn't expect anything more than a repaired car.