Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he still has over 200 miles on the battery so it will be a while before that happens. Still would be nice to know if L1 or L2 charging works.

Vampire drain has me to below 140 now.

Did anybody else cringe when they noticed the driver's side window open a bit during the hosing off ceremony?

If you haven't been cringing this entire thread you haven't been paying attention.

I think there is some kind of pairing / programming that needs to happen if you replace the charger like MP3Mike said. Also, was the secondary charger you added originally a secondary charger or was it a main charger from another car? There is some kind of programming to tell it that it is a secondary. I'm sure @Ingineer knows the details.

I think there is some kind of pairing / programming that needs to happen if you replace the charger like MP3Mike said. Also, was the secondary charger you added originally a secondary charger or was it a main charger from another car? There is some kind of programming to tell it that it is a secondary. I'm sure @Ingineer knows the details.
it was already a secondary, the white car he bought had dual chargers on it! maybe he could try swapping the MCU of the two cars but I think he sold the one from the dual chargers car...

Vampire drain has me to below 140 now.

I was going to suggest charging the "Russian Way"

But then I saw

UPDATE

Here is a list of my issues as of right now

Regen braking Disabled

So that won't work either.. sorry.

elonshrug.jpg

I was going to suggest charging the "Russian Way"

But then I saw

So that won't work either.. sorry.

View attachment 200752
Awesome!
Year's of Russian Dashcam footage has trained me to think that he would crash into that truck at some point, and I was looking forward to the Russian swear words. Then I saw his seatbelt was not on, so am glad he did not...

• Funny
Reactions: Yonki
mmmm ... I can smell it from here

fwiw I doubt that brown stained damage was done by you, that is more likely from prolonged damp whilst the unit was powered/residual charge.
Does seem to have been wet for some time as it looks as though it is concoated as wk says (maybe not very well) but the moisture has got under the coating.

time to get yourself some PCB cleaner and some DI water and a natural fibre brush ... let's see what's left in there
Almost certianly history but I have seen some stuff as bad as that resurrected in my time.
otoh go and find something that's not in quite such a mess :)
I'm with Wk on this one. My first salvage car was a 60 that was originally purchased w/o supercharging, but the owner subsequently paid Tesla to upgrade to supercharging (which they did with only a config change in the software). After I had possession of the car, Tesla went in and removed SpC and CHAdeMO capability. This is from a car that was functioning perfectly and had never been in an accident. So this is a paid for option, that I (in theory) paid more for when I bought the car, because it was working at the time.

Tesla then reduced the value of my car by doing this. They went into my car w/o permission and made a change. If they had done it by denying my car access at the supercharger, that wouldn't be as bad, but I still think since it was a paid for option that adds value to the car I should be entitled to it.

I would be ok with Tesla requiring a HV safety inspection for a nominal fee before they would remove the SpC blacklist, but they would have to do this be denying my car at the SpC itself, not by altering the car. If they are removing SpC capability on the grounds of safety, this should be something they would do, bat sadly, it isn't.

The only option is to pay the $1500-3500 inspection fee, with no guarantees, and hope they pass your car. If your car was damaged in an accident and was not structurally repaired according to their specs, you will fail inspection, regardless if your powertrain/HV system is 100% fine. Of course due to their other policy you CAN'T repair the car to Tesla's specs, because they wont sell you parts!

Tesla clearly wants the car gone. It's quite evident by these policies.

Of course, I re-enabled my SpC capability and locked them out of my car so they cannot alter it again. I will be happy to help anyone in a similar situation.

Been up two nights reading this thread. Great fun from OP. Great humour too. And really grateful for your detailed technical response and suggestions. Wish similar thread for the Smart ForTwo Electric I am working on.

How do you disable access from Tesla. Put a 56 ohm load across the Com module antenna feed or in software?

So... I've been following this thread religiously since I first heard about it in June (or thereabouts), and every time there's more than a two day gap in new posts, I get a bit nervous—especially when the last thing @Btr_ftw mentions involves incredibly high voltages or messing with charging circuits! Luckily the only thing that seems to have suffered substantially so far is the patience of @Btr_ftw 's significant other...

But seriously—what's up? You've had me on the edge of my seat since I bookmarked this thread. Does it charge? Did you MacGuyver in a ludicrous mode fuse and get it to go 0-60 in 2.4 (since the weight of the car is currently reduced by a couple hundred pounds)? Did you put any safety restraints in, or do you just have you, the steering wheel, and some Zoomba boxes in?

/excited!