Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THE CULPRIT

This grounding nut coming from the charging cables was not tightened down enough.

eB90zfR.jpg

But seriously—what's up? You've had me on the edge of my seat since I bookmarked this thread. Does it charge? Did you MacGuyver in a ludicrous mode fuse and get it to go 0-60 in 2.4 (since the weight of the car is currently reduced by a couple hundred pounds)? Did you put any safety restraints in, or do you just have you, the steering wheel, and some Zoomba boxes in?

/excited!

When I have an issue that is very frustrating I throw my hands up and walk away for about a week. Then I come back to it with a fresh mind! It was something this little that stopped the car dead in its tracks, can ya believe it?

Now I have to figure out the ABS, Regen, Traction control issue

BTR_FTW! Congrats on getting Salty charging! I noticed you even have the updated software and correct config for what rims you have on it now!. :) FREAKING exciting!

Do you have it in "Jack mode" because the air system is still offline?

I have one side of the car jacked up so I threw it in jack mode. If it was in standard mode it would realize that one side of the car is higher than the other and attempt to compensate for it.

Then I'd be screwed.

may you elaborate how much money you spent on this project already and what you expect to invest further? Would be interesting if this is just for the fun, or if you can really save a dollar or two on it.

I expect that he got in this early enough that he was able to get the two totaled cars cheap enough that his net cost will be very low after selling all of the extra parts. (Well unless you think his time is worth anything.) :)

Reactions: Btr_ftw