Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reports of slower accelleration after latest update.

phigment

Aug 31, 2015
Waterloo, Ontario
My car was delivered with 18.13. I had expected more from 0, but though that maybe they limit that to reduce wear on parts.
I'm more than happy with the acceleration once the car is already moving, but from 0 it lacks the oomph I was expecting (based on word of mouth).

Interesting to know that it used to be there.

RTPGiants

Dec 18, 2017
Durham, NC
Apologies for more anecdotal reports, but it's all I have. My car was delivered on Monday with 2018.14.x. It updated overnight to 2018.18.13. I pushed it as soon as I got it and I noticed no change overnight after the update. I realize this isn't scientific, but I'm about as "pure" to the acceleration as can be between pre-update and post-update.

Dan_LA

May 14, 2018
Los Angeles
who cares 0-60 when roadster will be out with 1.9s? that means 1.5s in real life? faster than a hayabusa? haha :)

Still researching also to have some data and maybe make YT channel :)

JeffK

Apr 27, 2016
Indianapolis
good point, i love flooring the i3... now being cautious with M3. Upon to a certain point, what matters most is if we can lobby to increase Speed Limit to 100MPH on freeways once Autonomous are mainstream. :)
Perhaps in LA. Here in Indy, the potholes can eat you alive. We'd need some assurances that autonomous cars can avoid potholes, no matter what the speed.

dgaultiere

Sep 29, 2017
Santa Barbara, CA
Has anyone been able to use
I've been trying to get a speed clocking log to compare since I did it very soon after my car was delivered in March, but for some reason, that app isn't working for me to get the data anymore. Seat of the pants feel to me is that there has been no decrease in performance (currently on 2018.18.13)

That is my vehicle that Krash posted in https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2767829/
Are you using the PowerTools app? I just bought it and tried to use it for a 0-60 run last night and it won’t connect to my car. Tesla login works fine but then when I start tracking it just hangs forever and eventually times out.

Perhaps tesla’s recent network upgrade involved blocking these things?

Skidmark

Oct 16, 2017
San Jose, CA
Has anyone been able to use

Are you using the PowerTools app? I just bought it and tried to use it for a 0-60 run last night and it won’t connect to my car. Tesla login works fine but then when I start tracking it just hangs forever and eventually times out.

Perhaps tesla’s recent network upgrade involved blocking these things?
I'm using dashboard for tesla which I believe is the Android equivalent of what you're using. Mine also does not get any power of speed stats in the speed clocking section of the app anymore.

• Helpful
Reactions: dgaultiere

chasemym3

Apr 10, 2018
Riverside, CA
Just got my car back today after two weeks in the shop. Came back with 18.3. I definitely feel less pop from 0. After I got the 75D loaner, i recall feeling like the kick was pretty similar but now I'd say there's a distinct difference.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18

JeffK

Apr 27, 2016
Indianapolis
Just got my car back today after two weeks in the shop. Came back with 18.3. I definitely feel less pop from 0. After I got the 75D loaner, i recall feeling like the kick was pretty similar but now I'd say there's a distinct difference.
But we do know for sure that the 75D is quicker to 60 mph.

Reactions: dgaultiere

AWDtsla

Mar 3, 2013
NE
  • Funny
Reactions: DR61 and dgaultiere

chasemym3

Apr 10, 2018
Riverside, CA
But we do know for sure that the 75D is quicker to 60 mph.

Yeah but it has nothing to do with the kick being gone. Like I said, it felt very similar when I first switched. I actually thought the M3 kicked harder initially. The fact that so many people are reporting this has got to mean there's something to it.

JeffK

Apr 27, 2016
Indianapolis
Yeah but it has nothing to do with the kick being gone. Like I said, it felt very similar when I first switched. I actually thought the M3 kicked harder initially. The fact that so many people are reporting this has got to mean there's something to it.
Wish you had some before and after dyno results. Right now it seems purely subjective.

Of course, I don't have one yet which is why I'm looking for objective proof. :(
Tesla is currently denying any slow-down.

AWDtsla

Mar 3, 2013
NE
The fact that so many people are reporting this has got to mean there's something to it.
Yeah, human psychology, but not engineering.

I’ll be the first one to say “yup, they did it again” if someone can prove it. There are not a lack of tools, by any means.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC