Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reports of slower accelleration after latest update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was delivered with 18.13. I had expected more from 0, but though that maybe they limit that to reduce wear on parts.
I'm more than happy with the acceleration once the car is already moving, but from 0 it lacks the oomph I was expecting (based on word of mouth).

Interesting to know that it used to be there.

good point, i love flooring the i3... now being cautious with M3. Upon to a certain point, what matters most is if we can lobby to increase Speed Limit to 100MPH on freeways once Autonomous are mainstream. :)
Perhaps in LA. Here in Indy, the potholes can eat you alive. We'd need some assurances that autonomous cars can avoid potholes, no matter what the speed.

Has anyone been able to use
I've been trying to get a speed clocking log to compare since I did it very soon after my car was delivered in March, but for some reason, that app isn't working for me to get the data anymore. Seat of the pants feel to me is that there has been no decrease in performance (currently on 2018.18.13)

That is my vehicle that Krash posted in https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2767829/
Are you using the PowerTools app? I just bought it and tried to use it for a 0-60 run last night and it won’t connect to my car. Tesla login works fine but then when I start tracking it just hangs forever and eventually times out.

Perhaps tesla’s recent network upgrade involved blocking these things?

Has anyone been able to use

Are you using the PowerTools app? I just bought it and tried to use it for a 0-60 run last night and it won’t connect to my car. Tesla login works fine but then when I start tracking it just hangs forever and eventually times out.

Perhaps tesla’s recent network upgrade involved blocking these things?
I'm using dashboard for tesla which I believe is the Android equivalent of what you're using. Mine also does not get any power of speed stats in the speed clocking section of the app anymore.

• Helpful
Reactions: dgaultiere
  • Funny
Reactions: DR61 and dgaultiere
Yeah but it has nothing to do with the kick being gone. Like I said, it felt very similar when I first switched. I actually thought the M3 kicked harder initially. The fact that so many people are reporting this has got to mean there's something to it.
Wish you had some before and after dyno results. Right now it seems purely subjective.

Of course, I don't have one yet which is why I'm looking for objective proof. :(
Tesla is currently denying any slow-down.