Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reserving Your Model 3 Blog: More info, more questions answered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does that mean if i pre-order instore on the 31st, and someone on the west coast orders online later that night they'll get theirs before me? Or how is that queue'd up. Gonna be a long wait over here in PA!

I don't like the tone you used here. Who do you think you are telling people to discuss?

</sarcasm>

So no mention of the tax credit whatsoever, which I would say is a bigger reason why people complained about existing owners getting priority. I would have hoped they at least mentioned the tax credit, even if there is currently no specifically known answer on how and when the tax credit will be affected. Also, starting on the west coast and moving east seems... vague. Does that mean that they will fulfill orders and deliveries of <I>all</I> reservations in the initial queue from the west coast before moving east (i.e. would reservation 500 on the East Coast be bypassed by reservation 1500 on the West for delivery)? How much of a head start does the rest of the country get before East coast deliveries? How was this handled with the S and X?

Note, I'm NOT complaining, just stating questions for discussion after reading that announcement. More information is always a good thing!

I don't like the tone you used here. Who do you think you are telling people to discuss?

</sarcasm>

So no mention of the tax credit whatsoever, which I would say is a bigger reason why people complained about existing owners getting priority. I would have hoped they at least mentioned the tax credit, even if there is currently no specifically known answer on how and when the tax credit will be affected. Also, starting on the west coast and moving east seems... vague. Does that mean that they will fulfill orders and deliveries of <I>all</I> reservations in the initial queue from the west coast before moving east (i.e. would reservation 500 on the East Coast be bypassed by reservation 1500 on the West for delivery)? How much of a head start does the rest of the country get before East coast deliveries? How was this handled with the S and X?

Note, I'm NOT complaining, just stating questions for discussion after reading that announcement. More information is always a good thing!

I think they intentionally left out the Tax Credit info here. Even to the untrained eye, it would be pretty easy to read that blog post and see that the tax credit is likely slanted towards current owners.

We've flogged that equine beast in other threads. I'm over it.

I'll have my "well-equipped" Model 3, and I'll be happy.

Reactions: Microfrost
I'm fine with this. They're basically just telling everyone up front that the reservation is not an absolute spot in line. Too many people whine and moan that they were skipped. Everyone already knew that they were gonna batch orders by likeness, options, colors and regions anyways.

• Informative
Reactions: Grendal
Actual production roll out will probably be somewhat sloppy, depend on a number of factors, and ultimately only roughly follow the pattern they describe in that blog post. Which is probably why they didn't go into any more detail than they did. Basically, it's still a gamble, and Tesla is just telling you how the deck is stacked.

Reactions: Grendal
As to working west to east in the US, that just means you need to take a "Factory pickup and drive home" vacation (the no-sales-tax-for-non-resident-purchasers law should pass by then).

The further back in line I get pushed means I'll more than likely be able to buy the car in cash when it's ready. I have enough right now to get the base model, I'm just saving for options. But that's not counting trade-in. Realistically, I could probably max it out and pay for it right now......

but letting taht money earn some interest until my car is delivered is OK, too.

I think they intentionally left out the Tax Credit info here. Even to the untrained eye, it would be pretty easy to read that blog post and see that the tax credit is likely slanted towards current owners.

We've flogged that equine beast in other threads. I'm over it.

I'll have my "well-equipped" Model 3, and I'll be happy.

Yeah, I meant to say in my post that the tax credit was probably not mentioned intentionally. I wouldn't say its slanted towards current owners moreso that Tesla simply isn't factoring in the tax credit for their rollout decisions. It won't affect my decision on whether to reserve on the first day. While I most likely won't get a "fully optioned" Model 3 (some options I simply have no desire for, plus I'm also saving up to buy a bigger house), I still plan on getting the Model 3 that I want so I too will be happy regardless. Here's to hoping that they can ramp up production enough so that everyone that reserves gets to take advantage of at least some portion of the tax credit.

As far as delivery beginning on the West coast, again I'm not too concerned. The longer it takes to start delivering to the East coast, then the more I will have saved for the car. Depending on how options are priced, that could mean tacking on one of the "nice to have" options. I just hope that your estimated delivery date is shown to you as you configure your car since I'm an almost OCD-level planner when it comes to finances.

As far as delivery beginning on the West coast, again I'm not too concerned. The longer it takes to start delivering to the East coast, then the more I will have saved for the car. Depending on how options are priced, that could mean tacking on one of the "nice to have" options. I just hope that your estimated delivery date is shown to you as you configure your car since I'm an almost OCD-level planner when it comes to finances.

I'm on the same page as far as the OCD with finances part. A significant chunk of my savings for the Model 3 is in a CD. It would be nice to know when I need to have that renewable CD term expire, so that I can move that money to checking for the purchase of the car.

anyone else notice on the blog post the following:

"The first, which will allow you to get a better spot in the queue, is to visit your local Tesla store when it opens on March 31st."

Italics and bold added by me

What happened to 10am pacific/1pm Eastern?!?!?!?

anyone else notice on the blog post the following:

"The first, which will allow you to get a better spot in the queue, is to visit your local Tesla store when it opens on March 31st."

Italics and bold added by me

What happened to 10am pacific/1pm Eastern?!?!?!?

They mean arrive and be in line when it opens. Reservations won't begin until the time you mentioned.