Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Model 3 Reservation Lost..completely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. I ordered my car and got a receipt of payment and confirmation to my only email address and upon hearing about people getting updates I thought I'd call them. They literally have no record of my order. I've talked to several people and shown them all the data including banks statements and still nothing. Now they want me to get a bank transaction ID from my credit card company. Hard to believe they could actually charge my credit card and not have a record of it. Bizarre.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. I ordered my car and got a receipt of payment and confirmation to my only email address and upon hearing about people getting updates I thought I'd call them. They literally have no record of my order. I've talked to several people and shown them all the data including banks statements and still nothing. Now they want me to get a bank transaction ID from my credit card company. Hard to believe they could actually charge my credit card and not have a record of it. Bizarre.

Were you a Day 1 reservation holder? What happens when you login to your Tesla account

Good questions guys. I reserved right before the unveiling on 4/1/16. I got the email confirmation right away. When my brother in law got his email almost a year ago I didn't think much of it. But then I logged in with the same email address as I registered with and it said there was no reservation. That's when I started investigation. All the emails back and forth and being handed to new people has been frustrating for sure.

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 9.25.47 AM.png

That is the only correspondence I've received in the 1.5 years since I ordered it. I've also shown them my bank statements showing the charge from them. The bank is saying they can't dispute it because that time has passed. I was able to get an auth code but I'd be surprised if that gave them any more information to track.
If you have the authorization code and the time frame of the charge, their credit card processor can look it up.

Well, I'm only hoping that there isn't some hacker that has hijacked several hundred Model 3 deposits. And reservations.

But the horrifying idea woke me up and I scampered over to the Tesla website, checked on my order status, and its still there, patiently waiting for Tesla to convert the status from waiting in limbo to "Ready to Configure."

-- Ardie
"Yes, I have the funds ready, and I'm ready to accept delivery of all 314 Model 3s. Next Tuesday."

So how many of us checked our reservations today as a result of this thread? I know I did.

Thanks for the heads-up, @ehansen007 . In addition to getting you back on track, there should be some Tesla jackets, mugs, hats, etc. in your Model 3 to make it right, at least in my view.

See my new thread about them losing track of our delivery today with no delivery date in sight. At least they have our money. Betcha we get bupkis.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck