Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Model 3 Reservation Lost..completely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know I had this thought, totally hypothetical, but wondered if someone who was purging cancellations from the database might have tagged yours in error. No idea how this all works at their end but the only thing I could think of in way of explanation of no record.

Hope they verify your payment record with your credit card company. Being Calif resident and early res holder are you also an owner? Wondering if so you would have already received your invite and received your car.

Last edited:
Latest: so I sent over the auth code for the transaction which he sends to his "Opps" team. I think it must be the Oops Team because they can't find their mistake or admit to it. So the guy asks me if there is ANYTHING else I can provide? You gotta be kidding me.

The code, amount, transaction date, and lack of other goods going to you ought to be a good sign that you reserved a Model 3, and did not buy anything else they offer. (How many things do they charge exactly $1000 for? Should be a very short list. And on that date!).

I was going to ask if you got the Model 3 artwork / thank you note from Elon, but I guess they lost the reservation before issuing a reservation number to you?:confused:

I think it was for line-waiters who reserved in store before the reveal.
(Thought it would be interesting if the OP had one to help prove a reservation: "Look, I even have the 'thank you' from Elon!"...:rolleyes:)
There was no line to wait in by the time I got there at 4:30pm. I wonder if there was a cut off time for first day reservatioists to get the piece of paper. Does this mean I don’t get “the something special”?

Soooo....after all the waiting, the rebuilding of the reservation and the waiting.. I got to place my order. I got my call to start the delivery process and pushed them through finance to get a loan going with my credit union. All I can say is that it was so painful with so much miscommunication, that I eventually ended up cancelling. Wrong delivery locations, delayed delivery dates... It was obvious to me that my car was one of the 5000 being rushed to appease the market and was probably finished in a tent. After long consideration I decided I did not want to deal with it as it sounds like quite a few people are having to go right back to service to get things fixed. Maybe next time.

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
Soooo....after all the waiting, the rebuilding of the reservation and the waiting.. I got to place my order. I got my call to start the delivery process and pushed them through finance to get a loan going with my credit union. All I can say is that it was so painful with so much miscommunication, that I eventually ended up cancelling. Wrong delivery locations, delayed delivery dates... It was obvious to me that my car was one of the 5000 being rushed to appease the market and was probably finished in a tent. After long consideration I decided I did not want to deal with it as it sounds like quite a few people are having to go right back to service to get things fixed. Maybe next time.

So you gave up 3.5k?

Glad it got resolved. They definitely have a problem on their end. I have another Tesla account under a different email, and I never reserved using that email. However logging into that account I can see that I have a reservation on it with a reservation number and everything. :-/