Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return of phantom 16 amp charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The issue seesm to now be affecting me too. Charge current at bottom left is set to 32 amps, but the car is only drawing 18. This is during the day today. On overnight charging it seems ok, drawing 32.
My PodPoint recently had a repair and the electrician did highlight that the charger can and does reduce the current draw depending on what else is putting demand on the house power supply. Might explain why you don't have issues overnight

Just charged from 210 to 279 miles at full 32a all the way. First time in a while I've had no issues. Was on 20.12 and 20.17 before every charge it would drop.

If on 24.6. I'm thinking it was a most likely to be a fortunate charge I'm afraid. Certainly for me it was still present in 24.6.4 (in fact 24.6.4 seems to have increased its frequency for me). It has been reported on this forum that Tesla have specifically confirmed that the bug has been rectified in 2020.28.

Reactions: Roy W.
same here;

fullsizeoutput_2e6.jpeg

If on 24.6. I'm thinking it was a most likely to be a fortunate charge I'm afraid. Certainly for me it was still present in 24.6.4 (in fact 24.6.4 seems to have increased its frequency for me). It has been reported on this forum that Tesla have specifically confirmed that the bug has been rectified in 2020.28.

Yes. I had a message from Tesla saying that the fix has been implemented in 2020.28.

However, 2020.24.6.9 (16th July) was released after 2020.28.2 (10th July) so they may have incorporated the charge fix into this. Maybe not but I'm just providing my experience so far.

Yes. I had a message from Tesla saying that the fix has been implemented in 2020.28.

However, 2020.24.6.9 (16th July) was released after 2020.28.2 (10th July) so they may have incorporated the charge fix into this. Maybe not but I'm just providing my experience so far.
Let me get this straight:

They pushed an update that fixed it and then pushed a newer update that broke it again?
Please tell me you’re on the early release stream?

Let me get this straight:

They pushed an update that fixed it and then pushed a newer update that broke it again?
Please tell me you’re on the early release stream?

No, he thought that though Tesla said they were including a fix in 2020.28 he thought that because he had a successful charge on 24.6.9 that maybe they had included in that version too ... that turned out to be a speculation that was not confirmed. It may seem odd but the 24.6.9 is not a later version in the sequence of software development. It is an earlier strand that had some tweaks added. The "28" number tells you that this is a later development strand even though there was an overlap and unusually some patched versions of 24.6 were released after 28 was already in the wild.

Yeah, the cheek of it, one hour after the update and it did this just to remind me! Looks like a batch of people got the update around 10pm last night.
yes +1 I got it last night as well. not charged yet but I'm sure I will be no different to the rest, roll on 2020.28. Side camera reversing view is nice though as is the dot to show the sentry trigger point on the viewer