Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seriously. hundreds $ in damage due to a pothole and waiting for roadside service on the side of the crazy highways here *just because* large wheels + skinny tires "look cool" ... hard pass ;)

Umm...surely you realize there are different size 20" tires, right? Slightly bigger tires that provide more protection for the wheel's lip, while also having the benefit of closing up the wheel well gap a bit? Which would cost even less than an entirely new set of wheels/tires? You've heard of these things, right? These unicorns called "alternate sizes"?

If you're all about spending money to save money why not buy smaller brakes and swap those 18s out for 15s? Sure, it still won't look good but at least you'll be able to traverse MOAB and you can snag a replacement set off the rack at Walmart for next to nothing.

It's also ugly, but that's subjective.
I adore my 20” ver1 wheels on my 22’ LR boost. It gives it a beautiful stance imo.
Lighter than the Ubers also. (Also slight diffuser at rear to give a sportier style )

So far been lucky with driving on smoother roads and highway.

BD765C73-0436-40F1-B2D6-95C536276903.jpeg
7A7B0392-FFC5-4CC5-B51D-F1B3A3278972.jpeg

w
Umm...surely you realize there are different size 20" tires, right? Slightly bigger tires that provide more protection for the wheel's lip, while also having the benefit of closing up the wheel well gap a bit? Which would cost even less than an entirely new set of wheels/tires? You've heard of these things, right? These unicorns called "alternate sizes"?

If you're all about spending money to save money why not buy smaller brakes and swap those 18s out for 15s? Sure, it still won't look good but at least you'll be able to traverse MOAB and you can snag a replacement set off the rack at Walmart for next to nothing.
Everybody who actually does track work with these cars gets rid of the 20's immediately, because 20's are dumb with a 26" diameter tire under the car

They look awesome on 18's. Especially when you put 265's on them and add some camber.

w

Everybody who actually does track work with these cars gets rid of the 20's immediately, because 20's are dumb with a 26" diameter tire under the car

They look awesome on 18's. Especially when you put 265's on them and add some camber.

If I bought a car with 18s I'd swap em for lightweight 20s. Others buy a car with 20s and go down to 18s. What you think looks awesome I think looks bad. Like I said above, "ugly" and "look awesome" are subjective.

As for people ditching 20s for 18s for track duty, they aren't doing it for looks, which is what I was commenting on.

These are great looking wheels. What diffuser do you have? It’s subtle but looks sharp!
Thanks. That’s precisely what I was trying to achieve…subtle sportiness..not over the top but just enough to add to the overall aggressive tone of the rear.

It’s a company out of Montreal, Quebec. $259 Cnd. So $200 US. Installer was relatively easy but I had it done from my local ppf guy. Charged me $80 as there is some light drilling into the lower bumper under the car for the clips.
53CF0C21-CE08-4DA5-B3E1-76EB55EAD7AB.jpeg
B2C872CF-C5E6-48AB-83AD-5D8C7951761A.jpeg

Its actually a company out of Poland, and this diffuser is manufactured there, they just have a Canadian and a US based reseller operation (and UK too) going since circa 2019. Maxton Design. Search the old threads on the installs done early 2019, 2020 just as covid hit and as the first sets arrived by ship from Poland.

w

I have 18s and 20s. Car looks amazing with the 20s and low profile tires. Handles much better on the corners especially at high speeds.

The 18 s on the other hand make it look more like a family crossover vehicle. It also handles like my Toyota camera in the turns. Not great.

I have 18s and 20s. Car looks amazing with the 20s and low profile tires. Handles much better on the corners especially at high speeds.

The 18 s on the other hand make it look more like a family crossover vehicle. It also handles like my Toyota camera in the turns. Not great.
Do you have the same tires on both? I had PS4S in my 20s and 18s. Very little difference in feel for me.

Reactions: JBT66 and Richbot