Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lack of anything to talk about. The only thing that has been happening is spy shots of covered cars.
Having nothing to talk about doesn’t keep people from talking in other threads. Grin. I appreciate everyone’s discipline.

Are the assembly lines down for retooling? Or are they still running?

Last edited:
Reactions: Eugene Ash
Having nothing to talk about doesn’t keep people from talking in other threads. Grin. I appreciate everyone’s discipline.

Are the assembly lines down for retooling? Or are they still running?
Some say they were down and are now up and running again.

So who knows: maybe we can spend August complaining about all the changes.

• Funny
Reactions: Perscitus and Krash
This article says the current Model 3 will be discontinued on August 14.

I watched this about an hour in (since Live I couldn't rewind on YouTube) and finally gave up on any new M3 pics/news as it appeared to be also a town meeting/investor presentation. The screengrab appeared to show a new 3 behind him but I still can't find anything.

• Funny
Reactions: pdx_m3s
Waiting on the M3P......when it's released, trade in time, we are buying it. They really need to turn up the power, make the mid-high pull harder. Would really like a "laser blue" type medium blue to come out, otherwise it will probably be white again.

They really need to hurry up, I would like to get it before the winter rain comes. I've got wheels and suspension picked out (I am assuming MPP will still work).....I hate waiting.

From what appears to be reliable the new M3 will have -
-ventilated seats
-New front end
-New rear end
-diffuser (performance only?)
-screen swipe shift
-model S type controls (stocks removed)
- yoke option
-hardware 4.5
-larger battery for standard model
-battery chemistry change
-ambient lighting
-steering wheel redesign
-screen upgrade

Am I missing anything that is considered reliable? I have heard about the variable rate rack, but that seems a stretch unless they release it in the S at the same time.

Reactions: Whatstreet
Screenshot_20230807_115426_Google.jpg

Ist I've seen of this.... Does this mean we can put an order in for the Highland?

Highland will be a true drive by wire, moving away from the Boeing style to the Airbus style of control.
I have my doubts about that. I would expect the drive by wire to appear on the S or the X before it was on the 3. Who has experience with drive by wire? It would put uncertainty into the buying decision. The 3 is not a high-priced car, how does drive by wire reduce cost?