Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No aesthetic changes? I thought they said 3.0 will have new bumpers/fascia...
No, incorrect, Tesla said there would be some kind of body modification available that was designed to improve the aerodynamics and contribute to increasing the range, along with some brake mod to reduce drag, different tires with decreased rolling resistance, and the new battery. No specifics have been provided about any of those items except for the battery, and very little info has been provided about the new battery. So far the only 3.0 item that has been verified as being available (and now just beginning to be installed in a few cars) has been the battery. Tesla has been silent on the other items.

I guess ggr has gone MIA...
Still here, just nothing to report. The car went in on Monday, they apologized at the time that there was a big backlog. The San Diego service center is running two full shifts, and starting to plan for three (I hope that wasn't meant to be confidential). Yesterday they told me that the old battery was out. Haven't had an update today yet... I've been getting texts about noon each day, mostly saying "sorry...".

Still here, just nothing to report. The car went in on Monday, they apologized at the time that there was a big backlog. The San Diego service center is running two full shifts, and starting to plan for three (I hope that wasn't meant to be confidential). Yesterday they told me that the old battery was out. Haven't had an update today yet... I've been getting texts about noon each day, mostly saying "sorry...".

Glad to see that you were not "abducted by aliens" or "in some government program."

Looking forward to seeing you drive up the Roadster for some OC events.

Daily update: "shop foreman said that the roadster is not going as smooth[sic] as we had anticipated. The repairs will go through the weekend into at least Monday."

Seems that this guy got to drive one:

I drove my first Tesla 6 years ago — after driving it again I still believe it's the best thing the company has created

a-separate-small-touch-screen-allows-you-to-adjust-the-roadsters-functions-performance-mode-intensifies-the-driving-but-cuts-into-range-still-its-difficult-to-drain-the-battery--something-i-noticed-in-10-a-whole-day-of-aggressive-driving-wouldnt-leave-you-craving-an-electron-fill-up.jpg