Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster VIN list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#686 makes a couple appearances in Revenge of the Electric Car here and here. Some interesting car cultural counterpoint between Elon (then still married to Talulah) and the stogie smoking Lutz. If you haven't seen the full docu, it's a good watch so posting it below:

Glad you posted that documentary. I watched it just now. Elon was certainly on the verge of personal bankruptcy at one point.

I'm new to the forum. As wintered forum users will notice, I don't have much forum experience. Here or anywhere else, for that matter (just gave up finding a way to upload a picture to my account ). I am looking for a list of VIN numbers of Roadsters in Europe. Concluding from post in this thread I understand there should be one. However, I can't manage to find it. Can anyone help me out? I am looking to buy a roadster but I would like to find one of the latest build cars delivered to mainland Europe.

I'm new to the forum. As wintered forum users will notice, I don't have much forum experience. Here or anywhere else, for that matter (just gave up finding a way to upload a picture to my account ). I am looking for a list of VIN numbers of Roadsters in Europe. Concluding from post in this thread I understand there should be one. However, I can't manage to find it. Can anyone help me out? I am looking to buy a roadster but I would like to find one of the latest build cars delivered to mainland Europe.
You can't upload a picture for your profile until you have a certain number (5?) of posts. Tell us more about your interest?

You can't upload a picture for your profile until you have a certain number (5?) of posts. Tell us more about your interest?

Well, at the time the Roadster came on the market, I didn't have the means to buy one. And the range was just a bit shy of what would comfortably get me where I needed to go. I now have a P85D to serve those needs. But I still love the Roadster for the iconic vehicle it truly is. It is the car that changed the automotive world (at least IMHO). So, I was thinking of getting one (I own a company that is working on sustainable projects, so it contributes to our image - I even have some talks about the importance of the 'Tesla way' in coping with global warming) , and taking into account its iconic nature, it would be nice to own one of the first (not the pilot ones, of course) or the last to enter the market. But I don't know what VIN-numbers of the last ones in Europe are situated around. There are some ads for Roadsters that claim to be one of the last vehicles in Europe with a VIN that is far lower than that of a similar car sold elsewhere. Hence, a list would help me be a little bit better informed and guarded against false claims.

Well, at the time the Roadster came on the market, I didn't have the means to buy one. And the range was just a bit shy of what would comfortably get me where I needed to go. I now have a P85D to serve those needs. But I still love the Roadster for the iconic vehicle it truly is. It is the car that changed the automotive world (at least IMHO). So, I was thinking of getting one (I own a company that is working on sustainable projects, so it contributes to our image - I even have some talks about the importance of the 'Tesla way' in coping with global warming) , and taking into account its iconic nature, it would be nice to own one of the first (not the pilot ones, of course) or the last to enter the market. But I don't know what VIN-numbers of the last ones in Europe are situated around. There are some ads for Roadsters that claim to be one of the last vehicles in Europe with a VIN that is far lower than that of a similar car sold elsewhere. Hence, a list would help me be a little bit better informed and guarded against false claims.
I refer you to @TEG, or @dpeilow, they seem to know all about everything and Europe, respectively. By mentioning them in this post, it should attract their attention.

European VIN sequence (SFZRE...) was supposed to be finished with #1012, but they made the very last one be #2500 (to add in the North America cars to the total.)

Second to last:
euro3of4-jpg.290283

Very last Roadster:
last-roadster-png.290331

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak and Rolf68
Thank you very much for your help. @TEG was helpful indeed! While I'm ad it, what would you consider to be a good buy, taking my goal into account? Would you rather go for a signature 2.0 or a late 2.5?
Well, I'd go for a standard 2.0, upgraded to have the better infotainment head that came out with 2.5, and then upgraded to 3.0 battery. But that's easy for me to say...

Thank you very much for your help. @TEG was helpful indeed! While I'm ad it, what would you consider to be a good buy, taking my goal into account? Would you rather go for a signature 2.0 or a late 2.5?

Personally, I would go for the latest 2.5 you could find assuming it has the color and options you want, and is in good condition.

Tesla kept making little improvements during the production period, so the later cars get things like double-DIN nav, better sound insulation, etc.
To me, that "Signature" badge isn't worth all that much, but that is just me.
Now, one with a "Sport" badge... That is worth paying extra...

Reactions: S-2000 Roadster
Well, I'd go for a standard 2.0, upgraded to have the better infotainment head that came out with 2.5, and then upgraded to 3.0 battery. But that's easy for me to say...
Thanks. Interesting. Why not the sport, if I may ask? Could you also recommend a post that enlightens me with regard to the information in the ESS SOC? Some owner send me a picture of this information but that doesn't mean much to me. Can I deduct the quality of the battery from that info? Thanks again for your help.

Personally, I would go for the latest 2.5 you could find assuming it has the color and options you want, and is in good condition.

Tesla kept making little improvements during the production period, so the later cars get things like double-DIN nav, better sound insulation, etc.
To me, that "Signature" badge isn't worth all that much, but that is just me.
Now, one with a "Sport" badge... That is worth paying extra...

Thanks. In my region, the Signature Sports are a little bit easier to come by then the 2.5 sports. The latter are overpriced, at leastI think so, starting at about 85.000 euro's and quite often even 99K or more. But I do see the point of aiming at a 2.5, though.

Thanks. Interesting. Why not the sport, if I may ask? Could you also recommend a post that enlightens me with regard to the information in the ESS SOC? Some owner send me a picture of this information but that doesn't mean much to me. Can I deduct the quality of the battery from that info? Thanks again for your help.

Yes - you can view the battery CAC (calculated amp-hour capacity) which is an estimate of its health. In the Diagnostic Menu, then ESS, then SOC screen, this will be in the top left. A new 53kWh pack is about 156-160 CAC, so the number will resemble that or lower.

OK. So, a 137 CAC value means a depreciation of capacity of about 15%? The value I refer to comes from a roadster with just over 100.000 km on the counter. Seems possible. Although I could use all the range available, when I compare it to that of my S. I'll use it as a car for special occasions, but after browsing through the forum, I understand that the darn thing can be quite addictive.