Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor: Price increase on April 16th for 100kwh Packs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So either he does not know which is pretty likely, or he is too professional to tell me and Tesla made a good hire in taking him on or...both, which I think is most likely.

Our salesman was clearly told something, and given how widespread the information is among Tesla employees, I'm almost 100% sure we'll see something Monday. Or is that Tuesday in Tesla Time?

He was pretty obviously just guessing at the amount though as he was trying to rationalize different possibilities.

Maybe we should start a pool - I'm thinking it will be $4K more to make the 90 / 100 differential the same as the 60 / 75 differential since the actual difference in capacity is close to the same.

I think Tesla underestimated the demand for the 100D and now is trying to capture increased profits. They also overestimated the upgrade revenue from the 60s and have suffered concomitantly. Tesla is now in the hands of shareholders who demand profits and return on their exorbitant purchase prices vs. the old guard that believed in the Tesla mission and saw profits as flowing from that mission.

I'm not sure what happened with the 100D but the P100D seems to have actually dropped in price somehow. Looks like with the high amperage charger now included free the price dropped by $1500 assuming you had selected that option before. I was confirmed on Friday and now the same build is $1500 less. Reached out to my OA to see if anything can be done to lower my cost. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I don't see why that would be so unexpected. The model 3 is coming up and Tesla is getting cost efficiency from scaled battery operations. It make sense to differentiate the model S by giving it more features. The price is already high enough.
Because then it would just be a cheap marketing play on Tesla's side to get people to order a car for Q2. I mean they made a big deal out of removing the 60, sending emails and so on. With the changes they did now they could have just changed it without notice and few would have complained with the small price difference and because most people change the roof. Maybe tell people the body roof is going away, that would actually have been information a few people would have liked.

I'm not sure what happened with the 100D but the P100D seems to have actually dropped in price somehow. Looks like with the high amperage charger now included free the price dropped by $1500 assuming you had selected that option before. I was confirmed on Friday and now the same build is $1500 less. Reached out to my OA to see if anything can be done to lower my cost. Fingers crossed.

I'm in the same boat. Price drop of about $4000 Canadian dollars. Would love the discount since I've not taken delivery. I did get an adjusted (discounted) price last year when I got my previous MS.

I have a new MS 75. My configuration (less the air suspension which they don't offer) went down $8,000 - or $5,500 when considering the SAS. A little bummed about that. Looking at the configurations, only the 100D and P100D can get the high amp charger (and they are free to them as noted by Boonedocks). So they really went down when considering the added features. Had I known, I would have waited and gotten the 100D!

I compared the configuration for the S 100D we received last month - and the price is the same, except that now the high amp charger is included, instead of the standard 48A charger that's in our car.

Not sure we want our 100D to be one of the few with the standard charger...