Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumour: Model 3/Y to lose stalks in 2023 model year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of roundabouts out in the West of the USA, not sure about back east.

I'm thinking they may not be like this ... a Tesla on AP is just not going to join this IMHO ... takes long enough for a human driver!
Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 11.59.13.png

View attachment 848690 maybe the difference is there are no distilleries in the area? :D
Springfield, Oregon
Yep ... hic ... that and the fact that the Oregon example isn't dealing with narrow 2way roads so with cars passing each other in opposite directions a few inches apart as they join and leave! The cut and thrust of UK roundabouts in heavy traffic has to be experienced to be believed! (Though a Tesla is a brilliant car for that kind of action ... 'cause it can jump into the gaps quicker than anything else!) :)

Reactions: RSpanner
Lots of roundabouts out in the West of the USA, not sure about back east.
Depends what you define as lots. Yes the US does have 7K roundabouts but that is less than a third of what the UK has and we are only 1 40th the size so they are very much more of a factor of driving in the UK than the US. Having said that Tesla will have to teach the cars roundabout sooner or later but since there are only about 40 in the whole of California I am guessing it has not been a priority to this point

>>We have ones just like this in Virginia, except traffic goes the other way of course.<<

You say "of course", but when I lived in Fl 30 years ago they discovered roundabouts and for years - literally years - there were letters in the local papers wailing about how they were impossible to negotiate, how no-one knew which way they went etc.
My observation then was that it seemed optional.......

We have ones just like this in Virginia, except traffic goes the other way of course. Where I'm from in update NY we have huge roundabouts with like 6-8 roads meeting in to one, but again they are large circles.
I’m sure you would agree that heavily trafficked roundabouts would be very unlikely to be successfully navigated using any version of FSD.

Reactions: kessel_run
Y’all knew this was coming since the day they removed stalks from the Model S. On screen shifting is so awful is should be illegal. Also that gd horn ‘button’ which you absolutely cannot find in an emergency.

I was a huge advocate, happy owner, and stockholder, but this change marked the end of my journey with Tesla. Elon is off the rails. Refer to Twitter for more information.

Did this change materialize as reported by the OP? It seems model year 2023 M3 and possibly MY cars are hitting the road as we speak.
do Tesla have "model years" in the traditional American sense? Don't they just change parts starting from whenever they run out of the old one? Often different times in different factories. Parcel shelf for example.

do Tesla have "model years" in the traditional American sense? Don't they just change parts starting from whenever they run out of the old one? Often different times in different factories. Parcel shelf for example.
Definitely don't have traditional model years. Things evolve in an ongoing fashion. People just use the model year terminology as a general guide ... but we shouldn't really do that because there are so many exceptions.