Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar pain issues after sleeping about 5 hours and I wake up with pain but it has been improving over time. I was taking Motrin but stopped a week ago and got used to the uncomfortable feelings. I didn't take the drugs after the nerve block wore off but used a regiment of acetaminophen and Motrin for several weeks. Meditation helped me a lot. I am grateful to be able to type now and get back into my exercise routines. I developed writing instead of typing and kind of like it. As far a PT goes; my dentist had a similar injury several years ago and suggested using my hand normally as much as possible now that it has about 6 weeks since surgery. Getting better every day.

I'm about 10 days out of surgery, so I have much longer to go. I stretch my fingers as much as possible daily and try to use the injured hand as much as possible. I'm able to hold a little weight now.

I have gotten by with Aleve and acetaminophen too. I normally never take more than 500mg of acetaminophen, but I have broken down and gone to 1000mg during a couple of bad nights. Last night I found if I sit up for about a minute and wiggle my fingers until the pain goes away I can get back to sleep for a while until the pain builds up again.

The surgeon said I will have this cast until the end of the month and he said I will be switched to a shorter cast then, but the head of the casting room (who has taken a liking to me) told me normal procedure when this cast comes off is a removable brace and PT starts. I have some soft tissue damage too. The doctor mentioned in passing that I also have a sprained wrist. This was when I was telling him the ulna hurts more often than the radius. He didn't seem concerned about the sprain, but he's a bone surgeon, the squishy bits are less important to him.

I read somewhere yesterday that because of social media the troops on all fronts have a lot more awareness of what's going on in other fronts far more than any previous war. So the defeatism that is now infecting troops in the east will infect troops everywhere as well as back home. The propaganda TV shows try to put lipstick on the pig, but they can't stem the news of the disaster unfolding.

What happened to the Chechens behind Russian lines killing deserters/cowards?

There were only a few of them and Chechnya is now getting ready for another break away bid. One where the Russian army is in no state to stop them.

At southern end of Kherson front there appears to be a meaningful advance, see the blue arrow on the coast at Sofiyivka. This also means the coastal Oleksandrivka has been retaken. Elsewhere in Kherson there are lots of rumours about Russian (esp DNR/LPR) troop withdrawals to the river, and even more sketchy rumours re surrender negotiations.

Municipal deputies from 18 districts of Moscow and St. Petersburg signed a public statement demanding that Vladimir Putin resign.

“We, the municipal deputies of Russia, believe that the actions of President V. V. Putin harm the future of Russia and its citizens. We demand the resignation of Vladimir Putin from the post of President of the Russian Federation!” - said in a statement published by the Mundep of the Semenovsky district of St. Petersburg Ksenia Torstrem.

In addition to her, the demand was signed by:

• Moiseikin Andrey, Palace (St. Petersburg)
  • Markevich Dmitry, Liteiny (St. Petersburg)
  • Volga Roman, Kolpino (Kolpino)
  • Bovar Vitaly, Vladimirsky (St. Petersburg)
  • Samusev Sergey, Moscow Region No. 15 (St. Petersburg)
  • Budberg Alexander, Moscow outpost (St. Petersburg)
  • Baltrukov Dmitry, Smolninskoe (St. Petersburg)
  • Karulicheva Anna, Narvsky (St. Petersburg)
  • Shaposhnikov Valery, Vladimirsky (St. Petersburg)
  • Filchenko Galina, Tverskoy (Moscow)
  • Nikolaev Timofey, Lomonosovsky (Moscow)
  • Shtatskaya Olga, Lomonosovsky (Moscow)
  • Shcherbakova Julia, Cheryomushki (Moscow)
  • Khoroshilov Vasily, Academic (Moscow)
  • Sharipova Margarita, Ramenki (Moscow)
  • Volokhonsky Vladimir, Moscow Region No. 72 (St. Petersburg)
  • Fattush Olga Alexandrovna, Harbor (St. Petersburg)
  • Silaeva Ekaterina, Northern Izmailovo (Moscow)
Earlier, the Council of Deputies of the Moscow Defense Ministry Lomonosovsky also appealed to Putin demanding to resign. The deputies noted that, starting from Putin's second term, "everything has gone awry."

The Mundeps of the St. Petersburg district of Smolninskoye reported that they planned to send an appeal to the State Duma with a proposal to accuse Putin of treason because of the war in Ukraine. According to the authors of the appeal, Putin's actions fall under Article 93 of the Constitution. According to it, the president can be removed from office on charges of treason or other serious crimes brought forward by the State Duma.

According to her, the commanders of these Russian units are looking to find ways to abandon their positions by any means available. This could include attempting to retreat to Russian back lines, or laying down their weapons.

“The degree of creaking resolve and demoralization is so high, even the commanders now realize they don’t have anywhere to go,” Humeniuk added.

She said that enemy troops are aware of the major Ukrainian victory in Kharkiv Oblast.

As their ability to cross the Dnipro River remains severely curtailed, Russian forces on the river’s western bank are forced to look for ways to extract themselves from the area – according to the spokesperson.

Humeniuk noted that Ukrainian forces have penetrated several dozen kilometers into Russia-held territory in southern Ukraine.

in a statement published by the Mundep of the Semenovsky district of St. Petersburg Ksenia Torstrem. In addition to her, the demand was signed by:

That's a whole lot of hospital windows...

Last edited:
Municipal deputies from 18 districts of Moscow and St. Petersburg signed a public statement demanding that Vladimir Putin resign.

“We, the municipal deputies of Russia, believe that the actions of President V. V. Putin harm the future of Russia and its citizens. We demand the resignation of Vladimir Putin from the post of President of the Russian Federation!” - said in a statement published by the Mundep of the Semenovsky district of St. Petersburg Ksenia Torstrem.

In addition to her, the demand was signed by:

Earlier, the Council of Deputies of the Moscow Defense Ministry Lomonosovsky also appealed to Putin demanding to resign. The deputies noted that, starting from Putin's second term, "everything has gone awry."

The Mundeps of the St. Petersburg district of Smolninskoye reported that they planned to send an appeal to the State Duma with a proposal to accuse Putin of treason because of the war in Ukraine. According to the authors of the appeal, Putin's actions fall under Article 93 of the Constitution. According to it, the president can be removed from office on charges of treason or other serious crimes brought forward by the State Duma.

That's a whole lot of hospital windows...
That is a whole lot of very brave people.

At some point the West will need to help the area now called Russia rebuild into responsible social-democratic societies, i.e. not mess up the way the West did in the 1990s through a mixture of boredom, shortsightedness, avarice, and triumphalism. We could have avoided all this, and created so much more that would have been positive. I don't know anything about the individuals who signed that demand for Putin's resignation, but as a minimum it takes courage for them to have signed. Whether the future will hold a unified Russia is another matter.

In the meantime we need to hold the course : in the West itself; then for Ukraine; for Moldova (Transnistria); Georgia (Abkhazia, South Ossetia) and at some point giving a better opportunity than the mess the Russians and their stooges are creating in Syria, Mali, CAR, Libya. But first in the West and Ukraine. Also I suspect some other 'Stans will want to become more independent of Moscow quite soon.

Strategic patience is something the West needs to learn to be better at.

The Estonian soldier Arthur Rehi following the war on his channel reports today's Ukrainian advances with map update:

Now, the entire territory around Kharkiv is liberated by Ukrainian forces upto the Russian border.
However, Russia continues to strike Kharkiv with artillery from Russian soil.
The interesting question he raises: in order to stop that, Ukraine would have to attack enemy on Russian soil, which would change the dynamic of how the conflict is viewed internationally. What if they do not enter Russia, but counter-strike with missiles and artillery to take out those weapons firing at them ?
Would that be acceptable by NATO and particularly the US ? The weapons given to them came with conditions to use them for defense and liberation not to go on offensive against Russian territories. Does taking out weapons actively attacking Ukrainian city from Russian soil count as defense ?
Logically it should as long as they do not hit any civilian targets.

The Estonian soldier Arthur Rehi following the war on his channel reports today's Ukrainian advances with map update:

Now, the entire territory around Kharkiv is liberated by Ukrainian forces upto the Russian border.
However, Russia continues to strike Kharkiv with artillery from Russian soil.
The interesting question he raises: in order to stop that, Ukraine would have to attack enemy on Russian soil, which would change the dynamic of how the conflict is viewed internationally. What if they do not enter Russia, but counter-strike with missiles and artillery to take out those weapons firing at them ?
Would that be acceptable by NATO and particularly the US ? The weapons given to them came with conditions to use them for defense and liberation not to go on offensive against Russian territories. Does taking out weapons actively attacking Ukrainian city from Russian soil count as defense ?
Logically it should as long as they do not hit any civilian targets.
Sounds like it would be fair game to me. Wouldn't even need to enter Russia...don't they have better artillery that could counter the Russian artillery?

Sounds like it would be fair game to me. Wouldn't even need to enter Russia...don't they have better artillery that could counter the Russian artillery?
Not that my opinion has any meaning or vote in this, but I agree that it seems like stuff shooting into Ukraine is fair game for stuff shooting back at it from Ukraine. That wouldn't just be the guns - also reasonably nearby ammo and other supply dumps, military bases - stuff that can reasonably be viewed as providing support to the stuff shooting into Ukraine.

Should the Russians keep it up, even after some counter shelling and a "you don't cross this line / we won't cross that line" kind of message, then those sites also open themselves up to more direct action. I'm more thinking in terms of artillery spotters than invasion, but the public ground work can be laid pretty easily to support the Ukraine army going over the border for that purpose, and then going home.

I believe the HIMARs that were given to Ukraine are capable of calculating the source location from incoming shell trajectory and automatically targeting the source artillery, so they wouldn't even need spotters on the ground for that. Of course, this assumes quick counter-fire before the artillery is moved from the location.