Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait - the only thing we have been told is - if the score is 100 today (don't know the time), we get FSD tonight/tomorrow.

Everything else you are guessing ...
That's true, I definitely am guessing! I was also guessing about a week ago when we guessed that only 100 scores would make it into the beta. The 30-day window I'm not guessing on though. Scores older than 30 days do not count in the score.

The reality is that we absolutely don't know what Tesla will actually end up doing. I think if they have excellent safety results with the 1000+ expansion, they probably will expand the beta further in the near future (maybe a couple weeks). But these things are difficult to predict.

Then it was 30 days.
Now it's a rolling 30 day window.

I think the 30 days and 30-day window occurred concurrently.

this if they live in an area that the score "obviously" is designed to discount (cities).

It's not that hard to get a 100 score in the city. You just have to be alert for potential FCWs and drive smoothly, with your eyes on events which may occur 5-10 seconds ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: HighZ
IE - your score is "frozen" at the end of the day today?
The score to determine who will get the FSD Beta will be snapshot today. We don't know the time ... for all we know they have already taken the snapshot.

The cars will continue collecting the data and Tesla will continue calculating your score until you exit out of fsd beta opt-in. They will use this score to kickout people who are driving the car "unsafely" from fsd beta.

We don't know what happens to people who don't have a score of 100. Will their score snapshots be used when the next batch rolls out or score at the time of next rollout ... who knows.

He got you guys running around like hamsters. jesus christ
I am just doing my normal commute - no extra miles - but it has made me drive much more cautiously and much more aware of what is going on ahead and behind me. Someone said that driving for a high score could induce road rage, but for me, no one is going to get pissed off as I let everyone pass.

Mind you, I am still driving 80-85, but I will slow down to let faster cars pass and will keep my distance. Keep in mind that I am driving mostly on more rural freeways - any traffic jams will most likely be caused by a harvester.

Reactions: powertoold
wouldn't it be great if TESLA decided to do something crazy like say, THROW OUT ONE FCW per driver/car from the past couple weeks? One could even say throw out one FCW from the first 72 hours or something. Even an insurance company throws out the odd fender bender, not to mention some hard braking, or such. I wonder what that would do with the overall numbers of people with current 96-99, would that double or 10x the current pool of 100 holders?

Weekdays I drive roundtrip to work - 12 miles total. To on the freeway, from on city streets. Most of the return drive is one long street with timed lights on part of it and a long uphill straightaway.

The only way to get through the timed lights is with unsafe following - and people still dive bomb in front of me, causing FCW — and the traffic speed on the straightaway is 6-8 miles above the AP max speed, so I cannot use it.

Still not sure how I got a 0 the other day though.

2019 Model 3 SR+. Current rated range ~217 mi.

I noticed that almost every time I come home from work, I see a large amount of vampire drain. After driving ~48 miles, I park my car in my garage where the ambient temperature is 60-65F. When I left the car, my battery percentage was at 68%. I wake up this morning, less than 12 hours later, my car is at 60%. That's about 4 kWh of drain that is unaccounted for and where I live, that's worth about $1 each time I have to go to work. 4 kWh can power my home and electronics usage for 3-4 hours.

I don't have cabin overheat protection on, I don't have FSD so no smart summon, I turned off WiFi before I left the car and I haven't touched the app, sentry mode is off. What is going on? Where is all this energy going? Do I need to contact the service center?

I do have the Stats app, but not TeslaFi. Is Stats app the issue even though I'm not checking it at all?

I wonder what that would do with the overall numbers of people with current 96-99, would that double or 10x the current pool of 100 holders?
1633687226240-png.719073

Looks like dropping just to 99% would more than double the fleet size, and as I said before, it's likely they engineered this score specifically to give them right around 1000 "testers."

wouldn't it be great if TESLA decided to do something crazy like say, THROW OUT ONE FCW per driver/car from the past couple weeks? One could even say throw out one FCW from the first 72 hours or something. Even an insurance company throws out the odd fender bender, not to mention some hard braking, or such. I wonder what that would do with the overall numbers of people with current 96-99, would that double or 10x the current pool of 100 holders?
wouldn't it be great if TESLA decided to do something crazy like say, THROW OUT ONE FCW per driver/car from the past couple weeks? One could even say throw out one FCW from the first 72 hours or something. Even an insurance company throws out the odd fender bender, not to mention some hard braking, or such. I wonder what that would do with the overall numbers of people with current 96-99, would that double or 10x the current pool of 100 holder
I have an immaculate score, no errors except for the second day 1 FCW, I have had 99 since last Sunday I checked those calculators however I did not want to drive the extra miles, I hope all you guys trying to achieve 100 will get there and empty that queue for the rest of us. good luck!

When driving on highways with 45-55 mph limits and stop lights, it is impossible to avoid a hard braking debit when the light turns yellow ahead of you and if you touch the brake it's a fault. If you continue through you run a red light. I've given up.
Sounds like you should limit your speed to 49mph if you're having issues and want to optimize for score.
https://www.tesla.com/support/safety-score
Unsafe following is only measured when your vehicle is traveling at least 50 mph