Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downgraded to .1 and lost FSD. Miss the visualization and unfortunately the safety score reappeared on the app. Ugh.
Jesus. Same here. I had 6 fake FCW’s on the beta I hope that doesn’t go into my score. What a nightmare.
On edit. My the safety score reappeared dropped to 97 and FSD was removed on the rollback. I decided to opt out I’m exhausted trying to drive like a grandma.

Last edited:
Hypothesis: 100s that did the opt out and re-enrolled by or before Thursday morning 10/21 got the beta today. Those who re-enrolled after may receive it later today or tomorrow as the kinks are worked out. Data below. @UncleAndy520 @Chrisgt do you remember what time you opted back in on Thursday? Was it morning?

Trying to figure out why @JeremyJ hasn't gotten it yet. Seems to be the only one with a long-term 99s that hasn't.

1635105244392.png

Reactions: danharr and JeremyJ
I agree with the let it go route. From everything I hear, having the beta is even more stressful than maintaining the score. It only gets harder in the beta. You actually lose a perfectly good working AP… you have to be hyper aware all the time and the camera is watching even which direction your eyes are looking.
Which is another reason to withdraw. I don't have a camera to see which way my eyes are looking. Another hardware upgrade between my car and the new software...

AP miles are logged. You just don’t get dinged for AP mistakes.

Being safe despite an imperfect beta amidst unpredictable human drivers is exactly what they’re testing for.
It's not whether or not the miles are logged, it is whether or not your behavior while monitoring AP is examined. If you let AP cut off a car you should be dinged. If you take over from AP when it is entering an unsafe position you should be rewarded. You shouldn't get dinged for AP mistakes, but if you don't react then you should be dinged for "allowing" AP mistakes.

*That* is precisely what they *should* be testing for.

For marketing purposes, they want to avoid the headlines "Tesla which has FSD beta gets in an accident" because we know that journalists won't even bother to care whether the car or the human was driving at the time. And their "person who themselves drives timidly" (*not* safely, but timidly) doesn't even really do much to verify/prevent that. And if that person doesn't do well with reacting to AP mistakes - something that they categorically refuse to measure - then they will end up with a headline "Tesla, which the owner confirmed was driving itself, gets in an accident" which will be essentially the end of their experiment.

Reactions: dillon
I wonder if those that are downgrading to 5.1 are not going to an older Beta but no Beta because of the FCW.

Curious what settings folks are using for FCW and what they set their aggressiveness to on the Beta. I see lots of comments on both Beta and FCW’s and no mention of their settings.

I've gotta share my Safety Score journey thus far!

So I had 98, from day one of the opt-in. My first few days clobbered me, as I used AP (which created a lot of bad score) and was just becoming accustomed to the Tesla-backseat driver antics. Brought up to 98, sat until I realized it was no 'hack' to opt-out and opt-in again: the rules are simple, opt-in, drive 100 miles or more with 99/100 score. Easy, done.

100 on Thursday. 2am this morning grabbed the 10.3 beta. First drive this morning was amazing, I especially loved watching all the new UI, very cool. Left church, AP or FSD in the early-beta side would not engage. At some point, the car went nuts and gave me LOTS of dings on its own for no reason. I figured, no big deal as the Tesla backseat driver idea was removed!

Then got an update, without looking or researching I updated. So Elon says back to 10.2, will mine reverted back to full normal (perhaps because I didn't come from 10.2).. and the scoring system is back - and now due to the Tesla bugs and malfunctioning I'm at 93!

So the journey continues, waiting for my MYLR Vision to acknowledge I've opted out. Once the Safety Score is gone from my app, I'll opt-in again and drive with Tesla as my backseat driver barking at me all over again to get to 99/100 and 100 miles. Once I get there, I'm hoping I'm back in to the fixed 10.3 update once again.

It was all worth it! That one drive, in-person, was a blast. Comical, fun and worth every drop.

PS - it stinks that so many folks are NOT coming in with the beta-testing attitude and COMPLAINING about ANY of this. Nothing I can say will change that: but as for me, I'm enjoying the journey =)

2018 X, 99 safety score, got 10.3 this morning.

Went for a 2.5 mile ride on FSD to the supermarket. After shopping, it wouldn't engage a 2nd time. Continued to drive and got constant FCW and I was 5 car lengths from anyone. Got home and was notified that 10.2 was being downloaded. Clicked to install and after 45 minutes found that it also downloaded back to 10.1. My daily safely score was back and showed 46 !!

My total Safety Score is now 97 due to the false FCW of 10.3.

They need to disregard today's false scores caused by 10.3 or I'll never get the beta again.

Went for a 2.5 mile ride on FSD to the supermarket. After shopping, it wouldn't engage a 2nd time. Continued to drive and got constant FCW and I was 5 car lengths from anyone. Got home and was notified that 10.2 was being downloaded. Clicked to install and after 45 minutes found that it also downloaded back to 10.1. My daily safely score was back and showed 46 !!

They need to disregard today's false scores caused by 10.3 or I'll never get the beta again.
Whoa!!

You gonna erase your data and start over? Or try to get the score up?

Or wait to see if they fix it….

Looks like Thursday was the threshold. Sometime midday. Or they’re rolling it out based on order of opt-in. Thinking it’ll take some time to get to those who opted in on Thursday+. Only two people who opted in on Thursday received the beta as far as we know.
Small data point: I didn't reset my score but I didn't get up to 99 until mid-day on Friday. They may have calculated the beta "cut" before then.

Reactions: dillon and JeremyJ