Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

MiBaDi

Mar 31, 2021
Portugal
No airbags were deployed and I don't think that Tesla knows that they have a salvage title. If they were never sent to Tesla after the crash they will never know to what extent it is damaged.

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
No airbags were deployed and I don't think that Tesla knows that they have a salvage title. If they were never sent to Tesla after the crash they will never know to what extent it is damaged.
Maybe there, but in the US they subscribe to DMV, Department of Motor Vehicles, data feeds, so when the car shows up with a salvage title in the data feed they update their records and turn off Supercharging. I don't know if they do that in other countries, but I would assume that they do.

MiBaDi

Mar 31, 2021
Portugal
Maybe there, but in the US they subscribe to DMV, Department of Motor Vehicles, data feeds, so when the car shows up with a salvage title in the data feed they update their records and turn off Supercharging. I don't know if they do that in other countries, but I would assume that they do.
Ok, thank you. So, anyway, there's no chance I can know about that beforehand right?

Dec 10, 2020
London
I’m expecting to receive my vehicle from the garage within the next week..
How do I update the software, obviously I’m going to be several versions behind?
Do I just take the car home and connect to WiFi?

gwxfer

Oct 5, 2020
Europe
I’m expecting to receive my vehicle from the garage within the next week..
How do I update the software, obviously I’m going to be several versions behind?
Do I just take the car home and connect to WiFi?
Depend what version you have now. If it lower than 2019.32-2019.40 then your car can't update on wifi. If it have upper software version it can be updated on wifi.

Dec 10, 2020
London
Thanks

the pretensioners have been replaced but the airbag lights are still on
See pic - any ideas?

Attachments

• 5BB55891-4AAA-4BC7-BA6C-A3713BC4FF45.jpeg
    5BB55891-4AAA-4BC7-BA6C-A3713BC4FF45.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 10

Jsalmon

Jul 30, 2019
Dayton, OH, United States
Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement Passenger Airbag Connectors that I can splice into the wire harness.
I am replacing the instrument panel with a new one with the passenger airbag module attached. The old instrument panel deployed the airbag module and the wire harness connectors melted into the old deployed module. I am looking for some new pigtail inflator connections that fit the passenger airbag module.

Jsalmon

Jul 30, 2019
Dayton, OH, United States
Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement Passenger Airbag Connectors that I can splice into the wire harness.
I am replacing the instrument panel with a new one with the passenger airbag module attached. The old instrument panel deployed the airbag module and the wire harness connectors melted into the old deployed module. I am looking for some new pigtail inflator connections that fit the passenger airbag module.
I forgot - it is for a Model S - Thanks in advance

rooter

May 13, 2018
Edmonds, WA

KevParpar78910 the fact that the pretensioners blew is remembered in the SRS module and it has to be reset. Check with ce2078 or appleguru.

Jsalmon you can't buy them, reasonably. Tampering with them on the airbag side could make static electricity blow the bag. In your case see if one of those salvaging out a car will sell you one or more.​

(Why does text formatting not work?)

Dec 10, 2020
London
If any airbags deployed, I would assume supercharging has already been disabled. If the car has a salvage title but no airbag deployment, it's possible that supercharging will still work but probably just a matter of time before Tesla finds out and disables it.
No airbags were deployed on my m3 which is a salvage
However supercharging is not enabled
Can anyone in the uk clarify the position on rapid charging?
Also if I go to a supercharger and use the AC plug option - would this work and would it charge at the 120kw rate

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
No airbags were deployed on my m3 which is a salvage
However supercharging is not enabled
Can anyone in the uk clarify the position on rapid charging?
Also if I go to a supercharger and use the AC plug option - would this work and would it charge at the 120kw rate
There is no AC plug/option on a Supercharger. (There is a modified Type 2 DC plug at non-V3 sites but it won't work for you either as Model 3s can't Supercharge from that plug.)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC