Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So an update on my salvage M3P. I managed to get in contact with the previous owner who agreed to hand over his Tesla account to me in order to avoid the transfer to a new owner :) so technically Tesla still think I am the original owner. Name, address, email etc all changed over now.

I wonder if they’ll disable supercharging…guess we’ll see soon.

I've downgraded from 2020.36.16 to 2019.12.1.1 pretty much successfully and my old charging speeds are restored. Everything is working, but it can't connect to the internet any more either by wireless or 3G. The sierra and parrot modules seem OK and have the correct settings but it flicks between the wireless off, 3G bars and wireless bars continuously. Trying to ping 8.8.8.8 etc gives 'network unreachable' response.

Some of the syslog.err file:

2021-08-12T11:47:25.320582-07:00 cid kernel: [ 378.821550] sierra ttyUSB4: resubmit read urb failed.(-19)
2021-08-12T11:47:28.551304-07:00 cid check-internet[7401]: parrot internet not accessible
2021-08-12T11:47:28.554067-07:00 cid QtCarNetManager[3007]: [WifiLinkManager] ERROR Helper failed with code: 1 status:
2021-08-12T11:47:45.219864-07:00 cid QtCarMonitor[775]: [CenterDisplayServiceDataListener] ERROR Missing UDP data values for interface CenterDi
splayService

Any ideas?
I’m in the same situation as red_five. I’m on the exact same FW version. After many service warnings, the car finally died. I need to see the fault codes to try and work out where the issue is. The DC converter isn’t energized and I think the something triggered the HVIL. More than likely the drivetrain. To see the codes, do I need to be in factory mode?

I’m in the same situation as red_five. I’m on the exact same FW version. After many service warnings, the car finally died. I need to see the fault codes to try and work out where the issue is. The DC converter isn’t energized and I think the something triggered the HVIL. More than likely the drivetrain. To see the codes, do I need to be in factory mode?
Factory or developer mode will show you the codes.

hi all, I have a December 2020 build model x performance that collided with a tree, the car is physically repaired now but I'm still having several errors.
the steering rack snapped in half, surprisingly no airbags were deployed and the car still drove, I have tested the wiring and everything looks good.

I tried to redeploy the software but this fails to complete, also the service mode menu does not seem to have the service fix alert option like in my model 3.

the rack has been replaced with one from a 2020 model x long range that was rear-ended, it was only a few months older than my car

does anyone know if the racks are VIN coded and need to be coded to the car, this is my last remaining theory for why these codes remain

the attached pictures are of the current codes, this is with the car fully assembled and all modules connected

interestingly the trip planner feature was missing from the navigation menu, later I registered the car in my name, and this feature reappeared meaning it can now supercharge but previously could not!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

i forgot to attach pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_20220302_132813_068.jpg
    IMG_20220302_132813_068.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20220305_222648_461 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220305_222648_461 (1).jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 129
been following this for a bit and looking to buy salvage tesla (can't afford new/used yet)
haven't read thru the whole thread yet, so who's the current gurus that can do software hacks like programming modules, firmware flash etc...?
saw in the beginning that @Ingineer might be the one? sorry can't PM yet... :(

Anyone with BMS experience please ?. My MS is limit charging and need help troubleshooting the issue (BMS_w164 SOC Imbalance exists between bricks associated with a single BMB ). I do have the battery pack open and bought a module to replace. The problem that I am facing that all modules read 21-22v and can't tell which module is the one with issue.

Any help would be appreciated.