Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure most have seen this already, but the official service manual subscription for ALL Tesla models' service/repair manuals is currently free from Tesla: Tesla Service. Was just able to get signed up and am poking through the 2012-2020 service manual as I'm writing this. Grab it while you can!!
Sweet! just signed up too. right in time for my MX repair.

Looks like they increased the Toolbox price tho... ouch...

On a related note, anyone know if SRS can be reset with Toolbox?

I'm sure most have seen this already, but the official service manual subscription for ALL Tesla models' service/repair manuals is currently free from Tesla: Tesla Service. Was just able to get signed up and am poking through the 2012-2020 service manual as I'm writing this. Grab it while you can!!
Apparently not downloadable? It would be great to have an offline copy - who knows when someone will decide to pull this. Any ideas how to do that?

• Disagree
Reactions: !igs
Apparently not downloadable? It would be great to have an offline copy - who knows when someone will decide to pull this. Any ideas how to do that?
Yes. Use the “Simple Mass Downloader” chrome extension:

1. Go to the settings in the extension and enable experimental features.

2. Go to the intro page of the service manual.

3. Open the extension and load all the links.

4. Click on “Extra scan.” In extensions put “jpg,png” (no quotes).

5. Download.

My downloads were failing after some time, so I decided to download in small batches. I used the filters of the extension to define these batches.

Does anyone know as of today, if salvage S/X can use Chademo?
Most old post say no but one poster said it works on his M3...
My car is not drive-able yet nor i have a chademo adaper... don't wanna buy it either if it for sure doesn't work...

Does anyone know as of today, if salvage S/X can use Chademo?
Most old post say no but one poster said it works on his M3...
My car is not drive-able yet nor i have a chademo adaper... don't wanna buy it either if it for sure doesn't work...
CHADemo isn’t going to work today on an S/X that doesn’t supercharge. 3/Y have a different mechanism for disabling supercharging and fast charging than S/X. Also you don’t want to own a CHADemo adapter. If you could DC fast charge you’d want to buy the CCS1 adapter from Korea and do the CCS retrofit.

CHADemo isn’t going to work today on an S/X that doesn’t supercharge. 3/Y have a different mechanism for disabling supercharging and fast charging than S/X. Also you don’t want to own a CHADemo adapter. If you could DC fast charge you’d want to buy the CCS1 adapter from Korea and do the CCS retrofit.
Thank you for clarifying.
I would love to have CCS1 but i've read someone on here tried the retrofit and it still wouldn't work till Tesla enables it in software and they won't do it.
Is that true?

Thank you for clarifying.
I would love to have CCS1 but i've read someone on here tried the retrofit and it still wouldn't work till Tesla enables it in software and they won't do it.
Is that true?
Let me answer some of your questions:

- I think Toolbox2 can reset the SRS, I would need to check. I'm sure it can reset the TAS. A T-Can Pro can reset both of them. In your Model X, I think you wouldn't need to disassemble anything. I don't know about Toolbox3, but the only time I checked I found it quite limited (the external version available to us if we pay).

- If I'm not mistaken, you're working on a 2016 Model X. If it has MCU1 (the Tegra one) it can be easily rooted. That would solve all your woes with supercharging/DC charging (I would recommend that you don't supercharge, though). Then you could install the CCS ECU. You can follow my thread and the Model X thread.

- For rooting MCU1, ask @LayZ in this forum. There are (old) tutorials around that were nice while they lasted, but they don't work any more.

- Tesla won't help you enabling any kind of DC charging in a salvage car. If the people of the service center near you are nice enough, you'll be able to buy parts and service your car normally.

- I would not spend money on a CHAdeMO adapter, get CCS.

I have a T-Can for rent, but it's currently rented. I also have Toolbox2 access, but I'm in Utah. If you lived closer, I would be very willing to help you.

Reactions: brainhouston
Let me answer some of your questions:

- I think Toolbox2 can reset the SRS, I would need to check. I'm sure it can reset the TAS. A T-Can Pro can reset both of them. In your Model X, I think you wouldn't need to disassemble anything. I don't know about Toolbox3, but the only time I checked I found it quite limited (the external version available to us if we pay).

- If I'm not mistaken, you're working on a 2016 Model X. If it has MCU1 (the Tegra one) it can be easily rooted. That would solve all your woes with supercharging/DC charging (I would recommend that you don't supercharge, though). Then you could install the CCS ECU. You can follow my thread and the Model X thread.

- For rooting MCU1, ask @LayZ in this forum. There are (old) tutorials around that were nice while they lasted, but they don't work any more.

- Tesla won't help you enabling any kind of DC charging in a salvage car. If the people of the service center near you are nice enough, you'll be able to buy parts and service your car normally.

- I would not spend money on a CHAdeMO adapter, get CCS.

I have a T-Can for rent, but it's currently rented. I also have Toolbox2 access, but I'm in Utah. If you lived closer, I would be very willing to help you.
Thank you much!
Yes i have 9/2016 MX (AP1)
I was actively searching for root so i will definitely hit up @LayZ
Sadly i do know that Tesla won't help with salvage... not a huge deal, i'm fine living with just AC but i'll explore any available avenue to get DC.
Can you elaborate why you don't recommend supercharging?

My car doesn't have airbags blown so i don't need SRS reset. i was just curious cause i saw videos of how to remove it and its a pain...

Appreciate your willingness to help!

Thank you much!
Yes i have 9/2016 MX (AP1)
I was actively searching for root so i will definitely hit up @LayZ
Sadly i do know that Tesla won't help with salvage... not a huge deal, i'm fine living with just AC but i'll explore any available avenue to get DC.
Can you elaborate why you don't recommend supercharging?

My car doesn't have airbags blown so i don't need SRS reset. i was just curious cause i saw videos of how to remove it and its a pain...

Appreciate your willingness to help!
It’s rare, but this might happen to you. And I don’t know the full implications, maybe ALL DC charging is affected… If you have CCS, I think it’s not worth risking it.

I'm working on some affordable diagnostic software for Tesla and I have most things working but struggling to find code descriptions, not the F or W codes but the ecu UDS codes.
Before I hire Toolbox for an hour Does anyone have it downloaded so I can have a poke and see if it contains a database of code descriptions?
I just need the exe or any dlls that come with it, not after anything dodgy.

Cheers,

Gaz

I'm working on some affordable diagnostic software for Tesla and I have most things working but struggling to find code descriptions, not the F or W codes but the ecu UDS codes.
Before I hire Toolbox for an hour Does anyone have it downloaded so I can have a poke and see if it contains a database of code descriptions?
I just need the exe or any dlls that come with it, not after anything dodgy.

Cheers,

Gaz
What do the codes look like? This:

1653338249590.png

If so, they are available in this document that is part of the service subscription that is currently free: https://service.tesla.com/docs/ModelS/AlertCodes/Model_S_Alert_Codes_20180607_en_US.pdf